Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to install WireGuard in a minute? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to install WireGuard in a minute?

2»

Comments

• @vimalware said:

@budi1413 said:
    who let the dog out?

Before anyone jumps to conclusions about quoted user, some anon with a nyr hating username posted a couple dongs right after my post. Mods Deleted.

ive seen it lel.

• Well that was fast i guess

• We should retitle - how to get banned in a minute

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited February 2021

@Unbelievable said:
    We should retitle - how to get banned in a minute

He's banned only for a month. He'll just create another thread with this title. I mean, the original title not the one you're proposing :smiley:.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2021

@vimalware said:

@budi1413 said:
    who let the dog out?

Before anyone jumps to conclusions about quoted user, some anon with a nyr hating username posted a couple dongs right after my post. Mods Deleted.

What's the bets its an alt of the original dong?

• what a cunt..

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

His ego got the better of him.

• :D what the hell with that humongous script?! apt install wireguard. That's it. No nonsense, no unknown scripts with extra packages. Outrageous!

• JioJio Member
    edited February 2021

I know I'm in for a bad code/bad practices ride when the first commit is

"Add files via upload" from the Github browse-button uploader in browser

and every single other commit is

"Update [filename.ext]"

with effectively zero squashing/merging/branching.

The person other repos like https://github.com/complexorganizations/Policies feature more unattributed "taken" content...

Why throw stones when you are in a glass house?

Thanked by 1lentro
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Ah! sweet Monday morning drama :D

Thanked by 2Ganonk nyamenk
  • @Jio said:

"Update [filename.ext]"

The person other repos like https://github.com/complexorganizations/Policies feature more unattributed "taken" content...

That commit history gave me AIDS, no squashes and it's the same damn commit message every time, why even bother using a VCS.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@LTniger said:
    :D what the hell with that humongous script?! apt install wireguard. That's it. No nonsense, no unknown scripts with extra packages. Outrageous!

I'm not using WireGuard at the moment. If I want to deploy WireGuard, I would use sudo apt install wireguard and then manually write the configs.
    I can learn from the scripts to understand how to configure things, but I don't use scripts because they could make changes that conflict with my delicate setup.

@jmgcaguicla said:

@Jio said:

"Update [filename.ext]"

That commit history gave me AIDS, no squashes and it's the same damn commit message every time, why even bother using a VCS.

It's better than a commit history full of these titles:

• update
    • minor
    • test

I've seen quite a few.

@Prajwal said:
    Also a force push doesn't delete the commits logs, literally it's impossible to delete commit logs.

This indicates that they are clueless about how git works.

@hzr said:
    Open source licencing that is not public domain requires attribution of practically every single line, or you are in violation.

What happened next is that @Prajwal relicensed his repository to public domain, but not quite:
    https://github.com/complexorganizations/wireguard-manager/commits/ae489cc746c9a00f027ef3beaed17214f677d71a/.github/LICENSE

• JioJio Member
    edited February 2021

@yoursunny said: but not quite

After browsing his repos for a few minutes I'm inclined to believe Nyr much more. I don't know whether they are a beginner or not at programming, but their Github bio says "Hacking & Developing since I was <11 yrs old", which is pretty egotistic considering:

• half of their repos are just rephrasing something stolen without attribution
    • any working repos boil down to a "library" that loads a JSON file and then looks for a match inside an array (like a "disposable email finder"), where the actual data that powers it is unattributed of course, or find and replace of a document that is unattributed, like a stolen ToS
    • the other half is some kind of 99%-similar bash script that doesn't do anything
    • almost all of their pull requests to public repos are closed and unwanted shuffling of one or two things around, or wrapping one line of a bash script in a function
    • this thread
    • files are either "added by github file upload" or 40 pages of the word "update" or "fix"
    • severe misunderstanding of what open source means, and probably not realisiation that relicencing a project means previous commits are still usable under the previous licence
    • what the hell is this https://github.com/complexorganizations/system-manager

I've seen this type a lot before, particularly in (south asian?) culture, I frequnetly encounter people that do things like this for visibility, like fork jquery react and linux kernel with no changes, then show people "their github" with such big brands, take the easy way out while anyone with half a brain sees straight through it.

Recently there was such github in halloween digitalocean contest where you got a shirt for commits. You could see this type of user exemplified in that fiasco.

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited February 2021

@yoursunny said: It's better than a commit history full of these titles:

update
    minor
    test
    I've seen quite a few.

Pro commit tip: Use GUIDs as commit messages.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

OP should revisit what proper nouns are -- his resume says "Skilled in Operations Management, Databases, Contact Centers, Management, and Small Business Financial Management."

Sweet jesus hahaha.

OP, if you are still on this thread, why do you think some senior software engineers (think staff or L6) are paid more than $500k/yr in total comp? I'll give you a hint -- it's not because they write the "best" code -- it's because they are great people who can lead teams and communicate well to spearhead an idea to market.

Give a serious think about how you are behaving. You copied someone's open source code, removed the attribution, and when that was pointed out, you changed more code to say that you created all it and it's not "garbage" like the thing you forked from. How hard is it to give credit to others?