Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone used zomro.net before?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone used zomro.net before?

sgno1sgno1 Member

I've just come across this site called - https://zomro.net/
And they have some pretty cheap plans with hard to believe specifications, are they overselling or does anyone have any background information on them? Can't find any reviews either

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2021

Ok, so i messaged theoir support, and this seems sooo fake. They onlt give VDS servers, and no vps.

This cheap for dedi resources seems so fake, so imma create a virtual card on privacy.com, and order the smallest tier, and will come back to ya.

They arent using WHMCS, but they are using ISPsystem Bill manager

Going to order now, and imma calculate the number pi on it for the whole month, with a monitoring scrypt. To see if they tank the speed

In their public offer agreement they have this pharagraph:
    "ZOMRO reserves the right to limit channel speed down to 10-30 Mbit/s or block the server in case of high network activity for a long period of time, which causes network equipment load exceeding 90%."

They call you from a russian number with verification code, for your account, and don't send an sms. To imput my polsih number they used the american style +1(xxx) xx-xx-xx
    So i came in 1 short space, but it still went thru, very weird.

• @skorupion said:
    Ok, so i messaged theoir support, and this seems sooo fake. They onlt give VDS servers, and no vps.

This cheap for dedi resources seems so fake, so imma create a virtual card on privacy.com, and order the smallest tier, and will come back to ya.

They arent using WHMCS, but they are using ISPsystem Bill manager

Going to order now, and imma calculate the number pi on it for the whole month, with a monitoring scrypt. To see if they tank the speed

Thanks, really appreciate it.

• Looks like they are zomro.com and they have been in the business for many years. They claim to have 275329 clients? @skorupion will be 275330 if true :open_mouth:

@smallbibi said: Looks like they are zomro.com and they have been in the business for many years. They claim to have 275329 clients? @skorupion will be 275330 if true

THEY HAVE PAYPAL hell yea, if they will try to do stupid shit, they won't be able bc of PayPal customer protection.

edited January 2021

Waiting for them to activate it, i ordered it. And the clients didnt change

Recived my ip, runned it thruye https://www.adminkit.net/dnsbl.aspx, and seems all good and whitelisted.

The VPS is located in Netherlands, Dronten [NL], runned ip via who.is, and it is operated by NL-NOVOSERVE4-20201211. (i.e novoserve.com) a company that provides hosting, this just might be a summer host, but not sure, maybe they collocate their servers there.

They aren't defenedly reselling their servers tho, as their cheapest dedi is 39 EUR, and novoserve.com is 60 EUR.

To anyone that wants to perform blacklist checks on this "VDS" the ip is 185.224.215.77

The VDS is active here is the result from YABS:
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    # Yet-Another-Bench-Script #
    # v2020-12-29 #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sat 30 Jan 2021 06:44:35 PM UTC

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel Xeon E3-12xx v2 (Ivy Bridge, IBRS)
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2394.176 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 483.2 MiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 4.7 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 739.00 KB/s    (184) | 7.28 MB/s      (113)
    Write      | 772.00 KB/s    (193) | 7.67 MB/s      (119)
    Total      | 1.51 MB/s      (377) | 14.95 MB/s     (232)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 28.97 MB/s      (56) | 64.18 MB/s      (62)
    Write      | 31.22 MB/s      (60) | 68.88 MB/s      (67)
    Total      | 60.19 MB/s     (116) | 133.06 MB/s    (129)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 55.0 Mbits/sec  | 49.1 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 55.8 Mbits/sec  | 49.0 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 55.7 Mbits/sec  | 49.1 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 51.4 Mbits/sec  | 12.7 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 53.1 Mbits/sec  | 34.9 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 53.0 Mbits/sec  | 31.0 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 52.7 Mbits/sec  | 29.9 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 52.2 Mbits/sec  | 46.2 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 test failed. Run manually to determine cause.

, and trustpilot is one of the worst source of rewievs.

If someone has a good benchmarking CPU script i will run it.

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited January 2021

@skorupion said: , and trustpilot is one of the worst source of rewievs.

Right, but have you actually visited the page? There are 2 reviews, only one that actually holds significant amount of text and it says:

The worst VPS experience I have ever had. I rented two different VPS one was not met my expectations. Basically, what is advertised on their website and what given to you next are totally different and that's the catch, they they are cutting corners and if you don't know how to check your VPS you will never know and you will continue using with poor performance, low speed and less CPU/GB. Luckily I am an IT expert and checked everything before use.

The second one, they didn't send to me any information about it and when I visit my client area it's saying ''Activation in progress'' this continues days and days. After I contacted their customer care, they told me that a third party cause the delay and I need to buy another one. That was shocking and I realised that they are ripping innocent people out there.
    Stay away, if you want VPS there are many good VPS you can find on the internet.

Which, to me, seems like the kind of useful review one should read rather than ignoring it on principle of TrustPilot being bad. This user is warning you that the VPS do not have the specification advertised, I am not entirely sure what package you chose.

Assuming you took this package:

I wouldn't agree that it's particularly impressive value, and seems like a very poor choice to use as a benchmark.

Additionally, claiming to be a "VDS" does not mean very much if those dedicated resources are not particularly powerful. Assuming the information is correct about it having "Intel Xeon E3-12xx v2" that doesn't tell a whole bunch but it does signal that the servers may be powered by aging Xeons and a few dedicated cores of those isn't the most impressive product while still being eligible for being called "dedicated".

Some of the other more expensive packages seem worth their cost but I imagine they also are on aging hardware and are more comparable to services like Contabo when it comes to quality.

@Erisa said: Some of the other more expensive packages seem worth their cost but I imagine they also are on aging hardware and are more comparable to services like Contabo when it comes to quality.

Personally my main VPS is running on Contabo, and i never had any problems.
    Next up the first package is great because it isn't hard to get a 100% load on only one core 24/7 for a whole month, it is just to see if they have some kind of tanking mechanism.

And I asked them what is the processor that they are using, and it is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2695 v2 @ 2.40GHz

• VPS and VDS are basically same, its just marketing terms.

YABS showing bad performances, so its better to keep away from this provider.

• @skorupion If you can add swap, you can run geekbench.

I'm thinking either the VDS is purely a marketing term, or they limit you quite hard so they don't care if you abuse your resources 24/7. Only one way to find out, though.

@Erisa said: There are 2 reviews

They are a Ukrainian company and there's quite a lot of positive reviews on hostadvice. But I wouldn't trust reviews anyway.

edited January 2021

So runned a script to check if they will tank my resources, and they didn't i was able to calculate 1000000 numbers of pi without a problem,
    For those interested here is the resoult of calculation : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1helAgiKc_fwCoZb0N8XNfmX34xy_7zAN/view?usp=sharing

I was able to connect my google drive to it so it had more space, instesad of 5 GB that it came with, it now has 20 GB. Imma run the calculations now with 1000000000 numbers of pi, so there will be sustained load

@smallbibi said: @skorupion If you can add swap, you can run geekbench.

I did, and here are the resoults :

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 362
    Multi Core      | 379
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6226385

• AzenotAzenot Member
    edited January 2021

First I heard about this hosting in 2015. They were selling very cheap VDS for scam, adult etc. All their IP subnets already were in mail providers blacklist. In russian community this provider has a bad reputation.
    For example https://searchengines.guru/ru/forum/982568 you can try to read this topic with google translator.

@Azenot said: First I heard about this hosting in 2015. They were selling very cheap VDS for scam, adult etc. All their IP subnets already were in mail providers blacklist. In russian community this provider has a bad reputation.

For example https://searchengines.guru/ru/forum/982568 you can try to read this topic with google translator.

Seems like they changed a lot, their responce time to my tickets and questions is less than 30 minutes, i can use 100 % of my cpu for days without any problems, and didn't see any noisy neighbours. The deployment took less than an hour, but the wqeird thing is that they didn't install the command sudo, nor curl, or apt-add-repostery to their Debian installation. But so far i used rclone to connect my gdrive to it to get extra space, and its working with no problems