Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curious... direct admin dns cluster
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Curious... direct admin dns cluster

This one im just curious about but many moons ago there was a company that used to offer cpanel dns only clusters (basically low end vps's with cpanel dns only on)

Is there anyone that does anything similar for direct admin? ... I know direct admin doesn't specifically have a DNS Only version but that any version can be used for DNS (is that right?)

It feels like someone might be missing a trick here

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited January 2021

@chip said: Is there anyone that does anything similar for direct admin? ... I know direct admin doesn't specifically have a DNS Only version but that any version can be used for DNS (is that right?)

What's up brother! We offer free DA with our VPS's. Works flawlessly for a DNS cluster :). Alternatively, DA personal instances can be used for DNS clusters as well :)

Thanked by 1chip
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Why run a full blown DirectAdmin installation to serve DNS? I run the DirectAdmin BIND instances as supermasters to a PowerDNS cluster, to fully offload DNS - works great, is more scalable and possibly easier to cluster as well.

• There is also this: https://directslave.com/ Never used, can't comment or endorse.