Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LeaseWeb Deutschland takes my case to court in Amsterdam. Advise needed. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LeaseWeb Deutschland takes my case to court in Amsterdam. Advise needed.

1235»

Comments

• @deank said:
    tl;tr

1. OP walked away from a contract.
    2. Got threatened with a lawsuit later.
    3. Talked to work things out.

Bottom line: Cancel your contracts properly.

What part did you miss? The part where customer service told him he can cancel via email and he did?

The tl;dr is LeaseWeb dropped the ball and they didn't handle his ticket or email.

Written notice is almost always acceptable to cancel contracts. Again, you don't seem to live in proper society and have fucked up experiences from the rest of us.

I know you're trolling, but you don't have to be a cunt.

Then you have the nerve to talk about "lack of perception" when you're the illiterate fuckface? Jesus Christ.

Thanked by 2darkimmortal kkrajk
  • Well, something doesn't look good from OP messages.

As the person who uses Leaseweb - I can confirm there were problems with invoices (yeah panel changes and etc).

You know what? They're really kind and ready to work out and solve any issue for customers even if customers aren't RIGHT.

If you have some problems with invoices and support doesn't resolve them - just ask your manager for help, they're willing to resolve it.

After you've sent your email @rotkiv did they reply? If not maybe they haven't received it or somehow missed it? Anyways, glad, it was resolved.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @deank said:
    tl;tr

1. OP walked away from a contract.
    2. Got threatened with a lawsuit later.
    3. Talked to work things out.

Bottom line: Cancel your contracts properly.

tbf, a lot of hosting providers are way more obvious about how you sign up, vs how you cancel (cancelling at OVH used to be just stop paying your bills and let it auto-remove the server) and if they changed the panel partway through, it compounds the issues.

I can say the same situation could very well happen to me, and typically I wouldn't follow up on it because most hosting companies just kill your service and won't send you to collections

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @rotkiv said:
    thedp: On the other hand, our account was deactivated after that e-email.

Is the lawyer mandatory in Amsterdam? Generally, you should be able to represent yourself in court. If they deactivated your account, you can present the evidence for the same in court and that makes the renewal null and void. Judges are supposed to be impartial and will not only drop the case but may even rule in your favor and make the other party pay for the costs you have incurred in attending the court.

Gather all the evidence in a quick to browse through manner to present your case to the judge. Take it as a learning experience so you are ready to tackle this type of issue if it ever were to happen again. Good luck!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@texteditor said:
    tbf, a lot of hosting providers are way more obvious about how you sign up, vs how you cancel (cancelling at OVH used to be just stop paying your bills and let it auto-remove the server) and if they changed the panel partway through, it compounds the issues.

I can say the same situation could very well happen to me, and typically I wouldn't follow up on it because most hosting companies just kill your service and won't send you to collections

While true, some company will pursue, especially ones in Germany.

Besides, in general, it's just a good idea to tie up loose ends. It's not helped by a fact that OP is in Europe (or EU for that matter).