Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cachecade setup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cachecade setup

alexgoldalexgold Member, Host Rep

Hello,
I have a Dell R620 server, And I want to add an NVME SSD card for cache purposes to increase the I/O performance.
can I configure Cachecade through the raid controller when I already have the raid configured?
Or I need to rebuild everything?

Comments

• DamianDamian Member
    edited January 2021

The RAID controller won't support using other devices (e.g. an NVME SSD) for Cachecade. It can only use drives attached to the RAID controller. Good news is that you don't need to rebuild the RAID, you can add more drives to the controller and use those (provided you have bays available, of course).

Thanked by 1alexgold
  • alexgoldalexgold Member, Host Rep

@Damian said:
    The RAID controller won't support using other devices (e.g. an NVME SSD) for Cachecade. It can only use drives attached to the RAID controller. Good news is that you don't need to rebuild the RAID, you can add more drives to the controller and use those (provided you have bays available, of course).

I see, there is any 3d solution for that? because I already have SSD's in the server.