Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for nice offer as BuyVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for nice offer as BuyVM

sonicsonic Veteran
edited March 2012 in Help

Hi, i need vps for vpn usage:

ram 128, hdd 5, bw 500 - 15$/year, nice speed for Asia user
Buyvm always outstock, i subscribed their mailing list but never receive any mail from them. TinyVZ out stock too and no ETA for restock.

Any recommend for me? (123systems offer seems nice but i see some bad reviews arround here and WHT)

Comments

• Exactly like that and that I can recommend, idk...

If you can lose 5 bucks more, Hostigation still has one at LA for $20

Thanked by 1sonic
  • sonicsonic Veteran

@yomero said: Exactly like that and that I can recommend, idk...

If you can lose 5 bucks more, Hostigation still has one at LA for $20

Hostigation is nice but i dont want to lose 5 bucks more. 64MB ram is still ok for me, what i need is BW, speed and good company. There are much 15$ offers (bluevm, 123systems,...) but they're not good in my eyes now

• lowendstock.com

I would suggest you to get something more expensive thought. All these cheap-ass providers oversell and their reliability is questionable.

• AdamAdam Member

1) - Put a tractor tire out

2) - Snare a pony

3) - Retort a smart ass line

4) - Send a blackmail letter to Fran

5) - Enjoy your new VPS

• pingping Member

Go to irc on a friday and try and get a cancellation

• @Adam ROFL

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited March 2012

@Adam You are a Genius LOLOLOL!

I would suggest securedragon but isn't at west coast.

If you want reliability, IMHO there is nothing. OR you can try the 123 stuff (good luck, sometimes you get a decent box), or the alienvps ones (tell them you want to be in a RHEL5 node, his $15 offer still is up).

But damn, you can't spend $5 bucks more per year? That is one or two sodas ¬_¬

• @yomero said: That is one or two sodas

You need to get your cheap ass on man! $5 is 5 or 6 20oz RC Cola's around here. (79c each)

• @miTgiB said: You need to get your cheap ass on man! $5 is 5 or 6 20oz RC Cola's around here. (79c each)

LOL, I was thinking in the big ones, 3 liters and so. And still, 5 bucks maybe can buy you 3 of these here.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@miTgiB said: You need to get your cheap ass on man! $5 is 5 or 6 20oz RC Cola's around here. (79c each)

it is 1 if you are on a restaurant :P

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@sonic said: There are much 15$ offers (bluevm, 123systems,...) but they're not good in my eyes now

So reduce your consumption of soda (1 less each 2 months) and please order that Hostigation VPS that yourself consider better....

:)

• Sorry to hear we don't meet your expectations. You do realize with our plan you don't have to pay yearly right? (AKA less risk, just keep backups like everyone should)...

• @BlueVM said: Sorry to hear we don't meet your expectations. You do realize with our plan you don't have to pay yearly right? (AKA less risk, just keep backups like everyone should)...

Wow! What a kind of advertisement!

• AdamAdam Member

@OneTwo: don't get your panties in a buch. Clarifying an aspect of his business is not advertising.

• We were mentioned by sonic, so I figured I'd make sure he knew his options.

• 100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 34.7M/s in 2.9s

01:54:09 up 89 days, 22:32, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

That's my 123systems.net $10/yr VPS in Dallas. I just cancelled it, it will terminate in April. I just did not use it, so why pay for it.

Contrary to popular experience, my 123systems.net VPS has been very resonable at the $10/yr price point.

If you want it, contact 123systems.net and see if they will do a transfer from me to you and you can renew it when it expires in April.

• @rajprakash said: 123systems.net

I saw some displeased customers from 123systems reply on their LEB recently. I would suggest to consider other possible options before going with 123systems...

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/123systems-10year-128mb-openvz-vps-in-dallas/

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited March 2012

@Adam said: @OneTwo: don't get your panties in a buch. Clarifying an aspect of his business is not advertising.

+1... troll ¬¬

@AsuraHosting said: I saw some displeased customers from 123systems reply on their LEB recently. I would suggest to consider other possible options before going with 123systems...

The netwrok at 123 is always fast, always. Just his heavy overselling and almost null support sucks

• sonicsonic Veteran

@BlueVM said: We were mentioned by sonic, so I figured I'd make sure he knew his options.

Thanks, it seems your site is down at this time

www.bluevm.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=8
    The connection has timed out

The server at www.bluevm.com is taking too long to respond.

• We seem to be getting DDOS attacked lately. However we've taken steps at the switch level to prevent the problem from happening again.

• i have a 192/384MB @15/y box at 123systems. It is quite fast and stable for me. Support has been ok ok, may be i didnt have much issues to complain. 99.67% uptime since jan (64days)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@liam said: @aldryic Are the sonicvps guys reselling your servers?

Nope, not really I guess.

The owner colocates in our racks on a long term basis and just purchases power, IP's & bandwidth. At some point he'll get his own allocations but for the time being he gets whatever he needs off us.

He's a good guy, I've known him for quite a few years :)

Francisco

• Just to clarify, folks... the above is a very special case. Please don't start asking us to do colos :P

• @Aldryic said: start asking us to do colo

Can I do colo?

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • So, @sonic = SonicVPS? :P

@yomero said: So, @sonic = SonicVPS? :P

Nope, SonicVPS is @SonicVPS :P

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Nope, SonicVPS is @SonicVPS :P

Haha, so funny. Btw his offers doesn't look bad

@liam said: His prices are lower than yours! Competition! -.-

Not really, different markets are targetted :) BuyVM's KVM offerings aren't targetted at the budget market very much, they're more for people after windows and wanting all of the extra sugar we put ontop.

Francisco

• @Francisco Is he using Stallion or SolusVM :P

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2012

@liam

Do you really find it necessary to follow me around LET confronting me with issues on other peoples posts? Especially when it is completely unrelated to the topic been discussed.

If you have interest in any of our affairs please contact me via PM and i can answer any of your questions :)