Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cockbox.org - Paid but nothing? Possible SCAM? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cockbox.org - Paid but nothing? Possible SCAM?

Comments

• HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited January 2021

@jar said: Aye, I'm a big fan. I use it for hosting memes that piss people off.

Could you give an example?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2021

@Hotmarer said:

There's a scene from family guy that burns Rosie O'Donnell hard. It makes her so mad she goes around having the clip removed everywhere. I really like making her mad.

She's calmed down a bit I guess, it's been up on YouTube for a while but a few years ago you couldn't keep it up anywhere.

Thanked by 2Hotmarer skorous
  • @Moofie said:

@TimboJones said:

@mikewazar said:
    Cockbox is run by @gexcolo on Twitter:

Support is slow but I've had a box with them since 2017 and they're still up.

Donations??? This won't end well.

Donations are set in place because they offer a free mail system, cockbox is operated totally separately from the donations afaik

That 2020 summary didn't include "Revenue", so no, I don't think so.

Thanked by 1Moofie
  • @mikewazar said:

@TimboJones said:

@mikewazar said:

It's run well for years and his transparency and lenient ToS/AUP is why people use his service. Look for another vendor if the name or business model makes you uneasy.

Well, transparency can be bad if the tax man comes looking.

• @TimboJones said:

@Moofie said:

@TimboJones said:

@mikewazar said:

Donations are set in place because they offer a free mail system, cockbox is operated totally separately from the donations afaik

Why would a donation-driven project disclose "revenue" when there's none to disclose because it's funded from donations?

• @TimboJones said:

@mikewazar said:

@TimboJones said:

@mikewazar said:

It's run well for years and his transparency and lenient ToS/AUP is why people use his service. Look for another vendor if the name or business model makes you uneasy.

Well, transparency can be bad if the tax man comes looking.

No shit, that's why you don't evade tax, you just avoid it.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • @mikewazar said:

@TimboJones said:

@Moofie said:

@TimboJones said:

@mikewazar said:

Why would a donation-driven project disclose "revenue" when there's none to disclose because it's funded from donations?

Then reply to Moofie. You seem to be missing the point of conversation.

Different jurisdictions have different legal requirements to accept donations and still need to file taxes.

• okay

• xrzxrz Member

Btw its not even turtle speed, its no speed :D i had enaugh of cockbox crap :D

• @xrz said:
    Btw its not even turtle speed, its no speed :D i had enaugh of cockbox crap :D

Are you castrating it? They don't offer refunds.

• @xrz said:
    cockbox crap

You may be using the wrong port.

• @randomq said:
    @xrz would you say at this point you are still cockbox curious, or ready to pull out?

Anyway I hope you get a happy ending. But if you get in there get your stuff checked for viruses periodically.

ROFLMAO! Very nice! Keep it comming! The "periodically" was the icing on the cake! :-p

I'm surprised that so many here never heard of cockbox/cock.li.

• @Hotmarer said:

lol, a provider once nearly nullrouted my server because I had a joke page that wouldn't let you close the window (it'd just pop up a new instance on close) and some security firm reported it to their abuse@ email address.

• @Daniel15 said:

@Hotmarer said:

lol, a provider once nearly nullrouted my server because I had a joke page that wouldn't let you close the window (it'd just pop up a new instance on close) and some security firm reported it to their abuse@ email address.

lisa does need braces

• bdlbdl Member

OP got shafted.

• @Daniel15 said:

@Hotmarer said:

That's evil.

Some people can't take a joke. Some people don't know what a joke is.

• Big crap :D

Cockbox is having troubles.

A major network outage has took out about half of Cockbox servers. We are working hard to restore service, but as of now there is no ETA. Hold onto your butts!

The cause stems from "anti-spam" RBL UCEPROTECT blacklisting port scanners, which has caused quite a fuss at one of our datacenters. Our understanding is that any internet-wide scan, including for Minecraft servers, is enough to be listed in UCEPROTECT.

We ask our port scanners not to port scan during these unfortunate times.

There is a $1000 bounty for anyone who can get UCEPROTECT removed from a major email provider, so our datacenter's customers stop complaining when one man in Germany blocks 1,000,000 IP addresses for something that has nothing to do with e-mail. Read more on Twitter.

Thanked by 2kasodk bulbasaur
  • if they BL ranges for scanning how long until DO is cooked

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • https://cock.li/ is also affected :D omfg

• It's time to buy cocklog.com and steal all cockbox.org's customers.

• ..but as of now there is no ETA. Hold onto your butts!

Shouldn't that say 'Hold onto your cocks'? Just curious. :D

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2021

So I can now basically destroy any provider I hate with 1 zmap scan? Awesome! Thank you so much UCEPROTECT.
    /s

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2021

Its so bad that you can already find your phone on the blacklist as well.

Their RBL blacklist gets bigger by the second right now.

• UUpppssss

Cockbox is back to normal?

Cockbox is back to normal unless you were port scanning. Port scanning is no longer permitted from our network. Our datacenter has required we enforce this new policy strictly, and so we will happily re-enable all customers once they acknowlede they are no longer permitted to port scan using their servers.

If Cockbox permits port scanning again in the future, this will be visible from the front page or "add service" screen.

Future updates on UCEPROTECT will be posted at uceextort.net.

• cockboxcockbox Member
    edited February 2021

@xrz said:
    Okay got the server, can someone edit topic name? cant do it myself ...

Don't worry about it man, the laughs from this thread will last forever.

For those who are cockbox curious, the servers really do provision in 60 seconds but since it was all written in-house there are bugs, like when there is 1 IP address available but two people purchase it at the same time, for example. We are in the process of adding more servers, but we've never been the fastest at expanding so hang tight.

As far as support goes, we plan on bringing more people onboard the support team to provide some sort of "guarantee" on "response times". If you have experience in this field you can open a ticket with a link to your resume, and your timezone.

@raindog308 said:

I really, really, really like this image.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • @creep said:
    I love Romanian women.

U know the romanis have indian origin according to their gene studies. Joseph Mengele liked them too!

• @VortexFlickens said:

@creep said:
    I love Romanian women.

U know the romanis have indian origin according to their gene studies. Joseph Mengele liked them too!

Congrats on your first post

• What the fuck.

• fuck. the What