Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server in London - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server in London

2»

Comments

• ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited January 2021

Check out ping with netcup (germany). They have root vps with good stats for your price. For 29e/month:
    AMD EPYC™ 7702
    32 GB DDR4 RAM (ECC)
    6 dedicated cores
    800 GB SSD
    2.5Gbit dedicated line and 120TB monthly in and out.

At the moment i have:
    1. Hetzner auction, 1gbit dedi, 16ram. 39e/month. 960ssd dataserver + 2x2TB.
    2. Nforce NL location (from walkers) 2x480 SSD, 16 ram, 1gbit dedi 81e.
    3. netcup 320ssd, 4vcores, 16 ram, for 16e

Geekbench nforce vs netcup was like 3800ish vs 3500ish. Netcup iperf was 2.3-2.4 Gbit to londons, amsterdams, paris. For my current project, nforce is by far the best (hard to beat NL location).

• Psychz.net has a servers in london with friendly bandwidth terms although the cheapest server i could find was 74.00 USD with is out of your budget.You can try to contact the sales team for a custom offer

• uzaysanuzaysan Member
    edited January 2021

@ThinVps said:
    Check out ping with netcup (germany). They have root vps with good stats for your price. For 29e/month:
    AMD EPYC™ 7702
    32 GB DDR4 RAM (ECC)
    6 dedicated cores
    800 GB SSD

Network is not dedicated by default. But you can request dedicated line by paying more.

Edit: and if you abuse shared line they can limit your bandwidth to 200mbit.

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

@zare may help you.

Thanked by 1Zare
  • ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited January 2021

@uzaysan said:

Network is not dedicated by default. But you can request dedicated line by paying more.

Edit: and if you abuse shared line they can limit your bandwidth to 200mbit.

You correct about network, still getting solid numbers. Seems upload can be limited (80-170MB/s), but download does have tendency to go to ~250-283MB/s.

And mostly you are not correct about 200Mbps. They only will put you on 200Mbps, once you reach 120TB limit AND if you been using 1gbit or more for 60min straight. If you are under monthly limit, you can go bananas all you want (been told by customer support and those who have RS, plus it says same thing in their description in the section of RS). One person said he went 1gbit+ for 10hours straight, and nothing happened. Its a myth... maybe it used to be like that before, but not anymore.

• Thanks for your recommendation. It looks very exciting. I will study it carefully.
    In fact, I don't care traffic quota, I can use only 1T or less per month, I don't know how can I use out 120T,HAHA.

@ThinVps said:
    AMD EPYC™ 7702
    32 GB DDR4 RAM (ECC)
    6 dedicated cores
    800 GB SSD

At the moment i have:
    1. Hetzner auction, 1gbit dedi, 16ram. 39e/month. 960ssd dataserver + 2x2TB.
    2. Nforce NL location (from walkers) 2x480 SSD, 16 ram, 1gbit dedi 81e.
    3. netcup 320ssd, 4vcores, 16 ram, for 16e

Geekbench nforce vs netcup was like 3800ish vs 3500ish. Netcup iperf was 2.3-2.4 Gbit to londons, amsterdams, paris. For my current project, nforce is by far the best (hard to beat NL location).

• fadedmaplefadedmaple Member
    edited January 2021

If you're just doing remote management, why not use a VPN or proxy for just $5 then do it locally on your computer.

• Neil-SFNeil-SF Member, Host Rep

I recommend you @Zare , great guys to work with.

Thanked by 1Zare
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

@Mario-SF said:
    I recommend you @Zare , great guys to work with.

Thanks Mario!