Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DA + MailChannels issue ???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DA + MailChannels issue ???

JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Hi,

We have used MailChannels for ages, but recently we are getting:
1) Clients genuine emails marked as spam.

2) seeing lots of 'Client Quit Before Message' what does this mean? do we need to make any special changes in DA for MailChannels other than the ones on their website?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

1) make sure the SPF records are in place.

Francisco

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@Francisco, yep spf is there :)
    Just really confused with client quit before sending ??

• We replaced mailchannels with our own and saferoute as mailchannels started to mark a lot as spam recently.

• Mailchannels blocked a few notification emails from being sent out. I used to think mailchannels was useful to ensure email gets delivered to inbox (where you want your critical notifications), instead of spam box but it's actually worse in that it didn't send the email at all.

My received spam isn't so bad I can't easily see legit emails, so I'll probably stop using Mailchannels backed shared hosting.

Yeah, I’m feeling MailChannels is just giving too much grief now....

We have moved a few clients over to mxroute, so may look at other options.

• @JamesF said:

If I'm not wrong MXroute also using MailChannels right?

• @praveen said:

@JamesF said:

No, they don't. They use custom infrastructure & technology for their mail delivery.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@praveen said:

@JamesF said:

No, they don't. They use custom infrastructure & technology for their mail delivery.

I think mc as a backup too

• Ken from MailChannels here. If you’re having any issues getting stuff delivered, our support team is happy to help. They are really responsive and fast. Just email [email protected]. Doesn’t matter if you’re a direct customer or not.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@SirFoxy said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@praveen said:

@JamesF said:

I think mc as a backup too

This is our fallback now: https://www.spamwall.com/

• @mc_ksimpson said:
    Ken from MailChannels here. If you’re having any issues getting stuff delivered, our support team is happy to help. They are really responsive and fast. Just email [email protected]. Doesn’t matter if you’re a direct customer or not.

Tip: when someone clicks the link to inform you that a blocked email should be whitelisted, it would be good to have a notification to let me know when it's been whitelisted so I don't have to randomly keep trying some days later. I have no idea whether you fixed it in minutes, hours, days or a week.

Regards

• I haven't used MC with DA, but it's been working fine for cPanel. A few times, customers emails were being flagged by mistake, but a ticket to MC and they solved it their end. Been fine for months now.

Definitely a MC issue...

Off to plan B