Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Jonathan Nguyen sentenced to 1 year in prison - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Jonathan Nguyen sentenced to 1 year in prison

13»

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2021

Only a year?

Nighly dick. He deserved at least 5. In my mind, 10.

He will be back scamming either way. Once one gets into scamming, he can never get out. We have plenty of proof on LET alone.

• jhjh Member

I wonder if they realise the irony of putting "for immediate release" at the top of the article

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@SirFoxy said: This shit is mad corny, this doesn't happen unless you're gay and want it or do it for commissary.

Probably somewhere in between. Not everyone who enters prison surrenders his rectal chastity. I've read several autobiographies of prisoners where it was a non-factor. OTOH, you have cases where people were so badly abused they committed suicide.

If it wasn't a problem, there wouldn't have been legislation about it.

Though my sympathy for prisoners is rather limited, especially for violent criminals who should have executed long ago instead of being allowed to live out their lives.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited January 2021

@raindog308 said:

@SirFoxy said: This shit is mad corny, this doesn't happen unless you're gay and want it or do it for commissary.

Probably somewhere in between. Not everyone who enters prison surrenders his rectal chastity. I've read several autobiographies of prisoners where it was a non-factor. OTOH, you have cases where people were so badly abused they committed suicide.

If it wasn't a problem, there wouldn't have been legislation about it.

Though my sympathy for prisoners is rather limited, especially for violent criminals who should have executed long ago instead of being allowed to live out their lives.

That mostly occurs in max security where people have nothing to lose. In jail / med & min prisons not so much.

I did a year and 6 month bid in a med security state prison for agg battery. The only time I saw anything resembling that is when the receiver wanted it or got something out of it.

You're more likely to get cut than raped. And if you respect others, mind your business and don't get involved in dumb shit it's not a big deal.

@SirFoxy said: I did a year and 6 month bid in a med security state prison for agg battery.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep

So does anybody know how was this tied to his GVH scam?

Did he use the stolen CC to pay the Colocrossing bills?

• @raindog308 said:

@SirFoxy said: I did a year and 6 month bid in a med security state prison for agg battery.

lol poor decisions from a past life

@SirFoxy said: lol poor decisions from a past life

A pity...I hoped it involved getting ripped off by a provider.

@lonea said: So does anybody know how was this tied to his GVH scam?

Don't think it was. He abandoned ship on the GVH disaster years before.

For those who don't remember/are too new, GVH drama went something like this:

• He shot on to the stage announcing all sorts of crazy mad deals
    • This was an era when ChicagoVPS was also here frequently, being confrontational and slinging insults at other providers. GVH took the same approach - be as obnoxious as possible because any publicity is good publicity
    • His service was crap. Utterly. Overstuffed boxes (to the extreme), poor network, poor support, incompetent admins, etc.
    • Multiple times he posted threads saying he'd had a change of heart, was going to reform, etc. Those would come out on, say, Saturday and by Wednesday he'd be back to "we're the best in industry, here's another crazy deal".
    • All of these pronouncements were preceded by "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE" (hence the meme) because that's how big companies styled their press release. Johnny also liked to have high falutin titles for himself.
    • Then he announced he was stepping down but "Jaroslav" was taking over. There were several other "senior vice presidents" involved. Turns out they were all Johnny.
    • He threatened to commit suicide, but was talked down.
    • Weirdly, around this time he took an interest in mtwiscool...mtw is someone who should never be a provider (he tried with 32mb.club but it was very short-lived). mtw is a young autistic kid who has had some genuine misfortune in life (he shared publicly that his mother was a murdered prostitute and I've verified this). Mercifully, some of us stopped jn from taking him under his wing.
    • Somewhere in here, Johnny's house was raided by the police
    • He also hacked into his high school to change his grades
    • Finally he bailed out of the whole GVH thing and sold it to @XFS_Duke. XFS Duke was further dramatic entertainment. He was a good ol' boy from Louisiana who took to making videos from his car about how he was whipping GVH into shape. But he just got piles of servers that had been sold on 3-year deals with no revenue and it didn't last long.

Then JN vanished for a while, returned in various guises selling spamming services. Then apparently he got into outright fraud as per the conviction.

I'm sure I've missed or muddled some parts but that's how I recall the GVH years.

• @LTniger said:

@creep said:
    maybe he just wants to fully quarantine himself during the pandemic. he is genius. and he got free meals too.

Along with good night slaping. You must be very naive to not believe that much bigger machos will not own him behind the bars. He is little and fragile man.

i didnt know you used to be a prisoner, you seem to know much about living in prison. Anyway, maybe Nguyen wants it too.

• @creep said: i didnt know you used to be a prisoner

You don't need to be a prisoner to know how incarceration system works and it's inhabitants behave. Even low sec USA prison is scary as hell. Risk to be shanked is not that high as in high sec, but beating exist, non the less.

• RamblerRambler Member
    edited January 2021

@LTniger said: You don't need to be a prisoner to know how incarceration system works and it's inhabitants behave. Even low sec USA prison is scary as hell. Risk to be shanked is not that high as in high sec, but beating exist, non the less.

He's going to minimum security fed prison. Minimum security BOP time is a walk in the park versus state facilities.

BOP inmates are (usually) educated and not completely retarded. White color people.

Low level state prisoners are usually just poor gang bangers and drug addicts.

He'll at worst be manipulated or extorted since he sounds like the type that'll just brag about having money and he's young and like 90lbs.

They don't even have cells, he'll have a bunk in an open dorm and will have some random job changing tires of federal vehicles or working in a greenhouse or some BS for a year. He'll be fine.

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited January 2021

It is a testament to the degraded culture of the US that anal rape is considered part of the rehabilitation process. The US is a sick country.

Have you guys heard of the manpon?

• @rchurch said:
    It is a testament to the degraded culture of the US that anal rape is considered part of the rehabilitation process. The US is a sick country.

Have you guys heard of the manpon?

That's because it's the deterrent part, not the rehabilitation part.

• @ravepen_xyz said: @sdglhm It closed quite sometime back I guess, from what I see from other threads

It never ends. It is eternal, just like the queen.

@LTniger said: GVH saga will never end. Scammer "will be back" with clever schema to defraud. Never let your vigilance down.

• @jnguyencm said:
    Hi, everyone

It's Jonny. Yes, this story is all true. I was sentenced to a year and one day in prison the other day (the extra day allows me to get released a little early).

I feel terrible for what I did, I really do. What I did was wrong and I accept the punishment for it. I will be self-reporting to a federal prison camp next month after I get my affairs in order outside. My mailing address will be available on the BOP.gov website.

I remember that someone suggested working at Burger King on the previous thread about my charges. I did go back to working fast food at my local Wendy's and McDonald's in the kitchen making sandwiches and doing maintenance work for 7 months now.

In those jobs, I worked 7 days a week, 60-70+ hours per week for an honest wage. A dollar didn't mean much to me back then, but having to work hard cooking burgers, washing dishes, and cleaning bathrooms for it, working alongside every day people trying to make ends meet to feed their families has changed me.

My actions hurt innocent people just like my coworkers. When I reflect on my past, it hurts me to know that I victimized innocent people just like them. There is a big difference in making your money illegally and working hard for it, contributing to society. It's a feeling that I don't want to lose and I am committed to going on a straight path moving forward. I am not the same person that these news reports said I was and I am truly sorry for what I did.

I am getting ready to surrender for my sentence and hope to come out a better person.

Thank you all..

Jonny

If this guy was the real deal, then he'd already answered like half of the upcoming AMA, lol.