Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM

2»

Comments

• @Grande said:
    Bluevm sucks for me. They dont reply the tickets. Servers down or slow who cares about customers. They just reply in forums when someone post a negative reply for them and say we are sorry we are working to fix it bla bla. Bluevm is a scam for me.

this topic is BuyVM, not BlueVM...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2013

@Grande said:
    Bluevm sucks for me. They dont reply the tickets. Servers down or slow who cares about customers. They just reply in forums when someone post a negative reply for them and say we are sorry we are working to fix it bla bla. Bluevm is a scam for me.

I am not sure whom are you talking about.
    This thread is about BuyVM. They are the guys with Stallion panel.
    BlueVM is a completely different host that launched Feathur control panel. And offer it free, by the way, so people can scrutinise it and as such better security will emerge.
    Both BuyVM and BlueVM are solid hosts, but Murphy can strike anyone.
    I cannot comment on no reply on tickets for BuyVM as I am at odds with one of their staffers for repeated attacks and insults, but other people say they go out of their way to help including in IRC and BlueVM is also fine in that aspect, as much as you can expect, they dont have live help 24/7, but the ticketing is decent.

• holly sh... sorry. :)

• storage-lv-01 went down about 3 hours ago for us. Must be a tough one to crack.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited November 2013

@epaslv said:
    storage-lv-01 went down about 3 hours ago for us. Must be a tough one to crack.

offline two times since Fran's last reply, still offline now :(

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Yea, I'm tired of this damn box.

I've asked FH to transfer the drives into a storage node I was using for all of our development on stallion 2. It's going to slow down some of my coding but whatever. I don't know why this box is being so retarded. There was reports of ECC fixing some bits in the BIOS logs but the last fix was like 14 hours ago, well outside of the crashes.

The EEPROM fix didn't help. A BIOS update didn't help. pcie_aspm=off nor noapic didn't help either. New & old BIOS' didn't help, & nor did disabling all power management settings. I'm lost on this new board/CPU and am going to either go office space on it when I'm next in town or RMA it to supermicro.

@Maounique You're still grumpy about that? Aldryic dumped all of that when he ditched this place last year. Do the same, peace of mind is worth it ;)

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Buyvm is just a bunch of amateurs that don't know how to run a vps host. Which reminds me I have a bill to pay.

If you believe the first sentence of my post well...don't :P

• proposed solution for storage-lv-01

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Francisco said: You're still grumpy about that? Aldryic dumped all of that when he ditched this place last year.

Well, good for him, I am glad he forgave me for being his punchbag.

I got FH finishing the chassis swap for the morning. They moved over the drives but I forgot this box has an OS drive tucked away so they'll have to move that over.

Francisco

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited November 2013

it seems storage01 transfered to storage08, the new node is online

@hotsnow said:
    it seems storage01 transfered to storage08, the new node is online

Been online since this morning :)

Storage01 is sitting there powered off until I go to Vegas again and swap out the board/chassis/cpu with a completely different build. I didn't want to give up storage08's chassis since I had planned to get it ready for sales, oh well.

I'll likely go back to Vegas either next month or in January.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited November 2013

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

thanks Fran, then, will our vps transfer back to storage01 again when it fixed? or remain stay on storage08?

You're staying on storage08 from now on.

Whenever I rebuild storage01 i'll probably give it a different name all together since people will be scared of it :P

Francisco

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @Francisco said:
    You're staying on storage08 from now on.

Whenever I rebuild storage01 i'll probably give it a different name all together since people will be scared of it :P

Francisco

thanks, lol :D