Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X4B - Hell yeah.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

X4B - Hell yeah.

(the other review here reminded me that I've been wanting to post this for a while but forgot)

tl;dr - X4B has put up with quite a bit of our BS over the few months we've used them. Great support, solid prices for what you get, and incredible customization.

Overview

We host a pretty big gameserver and get attacked several times a day, with attacks of up to 300gbps/30mpps happening twice already this week. Mitigation of attacks is very tricky on the platform we're using, due to various different protocols being multiplexed over the same UDP port.

Why X4B
X4B was really the only option we had. Other providers were simply too expensive for us, far exceeding how much we make monthly in donations. X4B's pricing allows for us to proxy all of our non-CDN game traffic over their anycast network without any latency issues.

Support response times are very good; once the ticket is seen, it's a max of ~5-15 minutes before we receive a response.

The traffic filtering customization is incredible. We've had a few amplification attacks slip through the global filters, which were then promptly mitigated by us with a packet capture and a BPF rule. We reported the attacks to the support team, who then notified us that mitigations would be added to the global filtering ruleset in the next firewall rollout.

All in all, X4B has been very good to us. Keep it up!

Thanked by 1SplitIce

Comments

• Joined 6:45AM
    Discussions 1

Thanked by 2Hakim ariq01
  • RSMRSM Member
    edited January 2021

@corbpie said:
    Joined 6:45AM
    Discussions 1

I made an account here solely to post a review of a service we use that works for us. Don't really know what you want from me. If you'd like, I can show other attack logs/tickets/etc.

• Nice review, welcome to the forum. Don’t mind the trolls.

Thanked by 1RSM
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2021

@corbpie said: Joined 6:45AM
    Discussions 1

I know who he is based on his review. He does indeed receive some exotic attacks :)

If any mods need verification proof just PM me.

@RSM More reviews in 24-hours than I usually get see in an entire year. What a way to start 2021. Thanks mate.

And thanks again for those PCAPs and well described attacks. You literally provided 100% of what was required for global rule crafting on the first reply. Thats all I can ever ask for. Oh and that repository you linked is very interesting. ;)

Thanked by 2RSM ericls
  • @SplitIce word "Knowledgebase" is wrong in your website. It is 2 words actually: "Knowledge Base". WHMCS caring this illiteracy for years without a reason, don't repeat this mistake. Very nice billing panel you have :)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2021

@LTniger I know but I don't like the look of it. Consider it a proper noun.

If Elon Musk can call his kid X Æ A-12 any other grammar / spelling sin is possible.

And thanks.

Thanked by 2Levi dosai