Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email spam problem. How to deal with such customers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email spam problem. How to deal with such customers?

2»

Comments

• @prae5 said:
    What investigation did you do before terminating the account?

This guy is from India. About a week ago I got two compaints in my support email address who also sent me a copy of spam that they recieved from this account.
    I didn't take any action then but yesterday I recieved this email in my gmail account.
    That gmail account I use in whois as my admin email for all my domains. So I suppose that how Mr. "email marketer" got it.

[email protected] via beast.cpconnectsite.com

Hello,

I am Krishna Gupta, are you looking for web hosting for your website.

We are providing virtual private server in linux and windows.

Virtual private server work similar like a dedicated server.

I will really appreciate if you please let me know your hosting requirement.

Please reply this mail.

Warm Regards

Krishna Gupta

These domains are added as addon domains in this account. So I don't think any more proof is needed.

@aglodek said:
    This is where those clear rules and TOS, I mentioned earlier, come into play. Prevention first: you try to discourage such people from signing up (many of them read the small print!). Failing this, you have a clearly laid out policy: abuse complaint + no resolution = termination. This is your protection against chargebacks.

I got this in my TOS

Sending unsolicited emails, bulk emails and spam mails will not be tolerated at all. We consider safe lists and double options as spam. If any user is found to be sending spam content to others, their account will be terminated immediately without notice. If a website, account, or any other component is found to be infringing our policy, we hold the rights to make necessary changes to it or disable it.