Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay hetzner using transferwise?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pay hetzner using transferwise?

So Im from outside EU, and have been paying hetzner using paypal funds in USD. But the fees are really starting to sting. When I receive paypal funds I already get charged like 3-5% then when paying in euro another 3-5% is charged for conversion.

Wondering if anyone has tried paying hetzner with transferwise? Transferwise has sepa or bank transfer, I believe hetzner accepts sepa and bank transfers. I would just like to know if anyone's experience on the matter.

Thanked by 1itsgoingdown

Comments

• thanks for asking this question, I have the same concern.

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

I pay Hetzner using Transferwise direct debit. Works well.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @m4nu said:
    I pay Hetzner using Transferwise direct debit. Works well.

Is that the debit card on transferwise? If it is, its not yet available in my country unfortunately.

When I tried paying an invoice tho, sepa or bank deposit was not an option.

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

It's SEPA direct debit, not debit card.

If you have your own TW bank details this should work. For very old accounts you may need to ask support to migrate you to a new IBAN.

There are also ACH direct debits but they aren't supported for non-US accounts, IIRC.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @m4nu said:
    It's SEPA direct debit, not debit card.

If you have your own TW bank details this should work. For very old accounts you may need to ask support to migrate you to a new IBAN.

There are also ACH direct debits but they aren't supported for non-US accounts, IIRC.

When you try to pay an invoice does SEPA direct debit show up as a payment option?

Probably @Hetzner_OL can also shed some light.

• to be honest, would really like to load a few hundred euros from my debit card and forget about it. but unfortunately they only allow card payments at the end of the billing cycle or loading credits via bank transfer(which is a lot of paperwork and fees if you are a non-EU entity)

And my card payments always fail for some reason and I end up opening a ticket and paying it via paypal after 24 hours. The payment system doesn't work well with foreign cards.

so request would be to:

• Allowing loading currency through paypal and credit card
    • Make it easier for foreign cards to be attached
  • @evnix said:
    to be honest, would really like to load a few hundred euros from my debit card and forget about it. but unfortunately they only allow card payments at the end of the billing cycle or loading credits via bank transfer(which is a lot of paperwork and fees if you are a non-EU entity)

And my card payments always fail for some reason and I end up opening a ticket and paying it via paypal after 24 hours. The payment system doesn't work well with foreign cards.

so request would be to:

• Allowing loading currency through paypal and credit card
    • Make it easier for foreign cards to be attached

Just open ticket and request the top up amount. They will create invoice for your top up

Thanked by 2evnix Erisa
  • Tranferwise will still be a better option with what fees they say they'll charge me compared to paypal. But my credit card's conversion fees are way better than paypal's tho.

• how about you ask their support about it rather then random guys in a forum? :D

most likely their sales/billing department can help you out with providing a SEPA bank account number where you can send money to using transferwise?

keep in mind that it's christmas time. as companies usually only work till 12 today around here, don't expect an answer before monday though ;-)

• @Falzo said:
    how about you ask their support about it rather then random guys in a forum? :D

most likely their sales/billing department can help you out with providing a SEPA bank account number where you can send money to using transferwise?

keep in mind that it's christmas time. as companies usually only work till 12 today around here, don't expect an answer before monday though ;-)

True, but wanted to know people's experience on the matter which cannot be answered by support.

Anyway, already asked this and they said it needs to have been setup before the invoice was generated. Which Ive done actually, but option isnt there.

• I'm paying Hetzner 5K+ Euros per month using Wise (old name Transferwise) since 2020 and only had a problem once, on this January where when I try to send it to Hetzner on Wise as usual, it didn't allow me saying "This recipient doesn't accept payments from Wise at the moment" and I had to wait about a week before this error went away. It was most likely a problem on Wise's side as Hetzner support told me they don't know about this.

So yeah, it's been 4 years since I'm paying like that and it's been pretty solid. Plus Hetzner gives you a 3% discount if you pay using bank transfer so that's a bonus. It covers more than the transfer fees (I'm converting from my local currency to EUR before sending it to Hetzner).

Thanked by 2dosai emgh
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Don't necro post please.

This discussion has been closed.