Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxKVM Review - SKVM-4G-4CPU ( Singapore ). Best Price i could find.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxKVM Review - SKVM-4G-4CPU ( Singapore ). Best Price i could find.

DianTamaDianTama Member
edited December 2020 in Reviews

Hi, LET!

I just wanna share my experience with MaxKVM to you guys. if you didn't want to read the whole thread you can scroll down to read the conclusion & the benchmark...

So recently, I need a new VPS located in Singapore to add to my VPS collection :D ( maybe ill use it in the future for my personal project. )

I'm searching for a good provider in this forum that offers a VPS in Singapore at a really good price. After some digging, I found out that @MaxKVM is having a VPS located in Singapore! And right now, they have a Holiday promo ( which you can find it here ).

After looking at the MaxKVM sales thread, sadly, their Singapore VPS is out of stock :(
So I reach out to MaxKVM on that sales thread, they told me to open a ticket. And without thinking, I open a new sales ticket.

So from that on, here's how my amazing journey begins...

20 Dec 2020,

I contact MaxKVM at 08.00 using their sales ticket requesting a Singapore VPS and ask them if I can use the EDU50 coupon code for my order. And within 3 minutes, they just reply to my ticket and told me that they will open their Singapore location for me, and also they told me that I can use the EDU50 coupon code, even though I didn't register using my student email ( but they help me with it ).

so I order their SKVM-2G for $4/m ( 50% Off using EDU50 ),
Compared to another Singapore provider I usually use ( DigitalOcean ), it was cheap!
and since my project is not ready to be deployed, i just do some basic stuff to their VPS till now xD

21 Dec 2020

I just realized that their SKVM-4G-4CPU $7/m offer is basically a steal deal, and I might regret it if I didn't get it later, So I contact them asking if I can upgrade my current plan to SKVM-4G-4CPU $7/m. And you know what? Again, they replied so fast just within 3 minutes after I open the ticket! again after some discussion, I order and pay the upgrade.

TL;DR

So the conclusion is, so far I'm really happy with MaxKVM. Overall this is the best Singapore VPS I could find. Their pricing is the cheapest ( compared with other providers ). Their customer service/support is so helpful and fast. And also their Billing Panel is easy to use!

Overall Rating would be 10/10

A Review without benchmark is not complete,
So here's the YABS Benchmark.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
#                     v2020-12-07                    #
# https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon 21 Dec 2020 05:51:48 PM UTC

Basic System Information:        
---------------------------------
Processor  : AMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
CPU cores  : 4 @ 2999.998 MHz
AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM        : 3.8 GiB  
Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
Disk       : 72.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 164.83 MB/s  (41.2k) | 543.42 MB/s   (8.4k)
Write      | 165.26 MB/s  (41.3k) | 546.28 MB/s   (8.5k)
Total      | 330.10 MB/s  (82.5k) | 1.08 GB/s    (17.0k)
           |                      |
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
Read       | 579.21 MB/s   (1.1k) | 611.68 MB/s    (597)
Write      | 609.98 MB/s   (1.1k) | 652.42 MB/s    (637)
Total      | 1.18 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.26 GB/s     (1.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                |                           |                 |
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 90.2 Mbits/sec  | 298 Mbits/sec  
Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 461 Mbits/sec   | 372 Mbits/sec  
WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 542 Mbits/sec   | 421 Mbits/sec  
Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 770 Mbits/sec   | 637 Mbits/sec  
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 201 Mbits/sec   | 230 Mbits/sec  
Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 130 Mbits/sec   | 156 Mbits/sec  
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 130 Mbits/sec   | 190 Mbits/sec  
Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 678 Mbits/sec   | 396 Mbits/sec  
Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 780 Mbits/sec   | 543 Mbits/sec  
WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 747 Mbits/sec   | 492 Mbits/sec  
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 562 Mbits/sec   | 282 Mbits/sec  
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 590 Mbits/sec   | 211 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
Test            | Value
                |
Single Core     | 970
Multi Core      | 3068
Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5456002

So guys, if you are looking for a cheap VPS in Singapore, I would recommend taking a look at MaxKVM. And besides Singapore, they also have other locations, like Amsterdam, Dallas, Los Angeles, and New York.

Keep up the good work MaxKVM!

And thank you guys for reading my first ever review :D
Stay safe, and cheers!

Disclaimer: This review is pure all my experience, I didn't get paid/endorsed to write this review.

Comments

• @DianTama said: So the conclusion is, so far I'm really happy with MaxKVM. Overall this is the best Singapore VPS I could find. Their pricing is the cheapest ( compared with other providers ). Their customer service/support is so helpful and fast. And also their Billing Panel is easy to use!

Thank you sir. This review means a lot. :)

Looks like your host machine is extremely busy (like everything in SG) but we'll do whatever possible to get those numbers back up on Disk I/O and Network.

Thanked by 2DianTama DP
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

I had a Singapore box, the then-smallest 512MB ordered on EDU50.
    The box itself is reasonably fast, and $1.5/month after discount is unbeatable.
    CPU is EPYC. Ryzens have all the hype, but EPYC is the brand designed for servers.
    MaxKVM won't tell us what's the acceptable CPU usage, but I used 30% core for several hours and didn't get a warning.

My plan was to move my main website there, because 40% of my readers are from China.
    However, routing from China is going through San Jose, so that I may as well serve these readers from a cheaper California server.

I've been checking traceroute from time to time. If China routes improve in the future, I'll come back.
    On the other hand, I start to suspect that the triangle China routes are intentional to block out MJJs...

Thanked by 2MaxKVM DianTama
  • let me added into my bucket list ;)

Thanked by 2MaxKVM DianTama
  • nice review , Sir 👍

Thanked by 1DianTama
  • MaxKVM VPS are prem and fragrant..

• MaxKVM is great and Alex is sooo friendly! He created custom coupon for me which I havent touched. I save it for my future orders!

• @MaxKVM said:

@DianTama said: So the conclusion is, so far I'm really happy with MaxKVM. Overall this is the best Singapore VPS I could find. Their pricing is the cheapest ( compared with other providers ). Their customer service/support is so helpful and fast. And also their Billing Panel is easy to use!

Thank you sir. This review means a lot. :)

Looks like your host machine is extremely busy (like everything in SG) but we'll do whatever possible to get those numbers back up on Disk I/O and Network.

Sure thing,
    But no rush right now the machine still idle xD

@Ganonk said:
    nice review , Sir 👍

Thank you!
    just sharing my experience with them haha

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @DianTama said:

Hi, LET!

I just wanna share my experience with MaxKVM to you guys. if you didn't want to read the whole thread you can scroll down to read the conclusion & the benchmark...

So recently, I need a new VPS located in Singapore to add to my VPS collection :D ( maybe ill use it in the future for my personal project. )

I'm searching for a good provider in this forum that offers a VPS in Singapore at a really good price. After some digging, I found out that @MaxKVM is having a VPS located in Singapore! And right now, they have a Holiday promo ( which you can find it here ).

After looking at the MaxKVM sales thread, sadly, their Singapore VPS is out of stock :(
    So I reach out to MaxKVM on that sales thread, they told me to open a ticket. And without thinking, I open a new sales ticket.

So from that on, here's how my amazing journey begins...

20 Dec 2020,

I contact MaxKVM at 08.00 using their sales ticket requesting a Singapore VPS and ask them if I can use the EDU50 coupon code for my order. And within 3 minutes, they just reply to my ticket and told me that they will open their Singapore location for me, and also they told me that I can use the EDU50 coupon code, even though I didn't register using my student email ( but they help me with it ).

so I order their SKVM-2G for $4/m ( 50% Off using EDU50 ),
    Compared to another Singapore provider I usually use ( DigitalOcean ), it was cheap!
    and since my project is not ready to be deployed, i just do some basic stuff to their VPS till now xD

21 Dec 2020

I just realized that their SKVM-4G-4CPU $7/m offer is basically a steal deal, and I might regret it if I didn't get it later, So I contact them asking if I can upgrade my current plan to SKVM-4G-4CPU $7/m. And you know what? Again, they replied so fast just within 3 minutes after I open the ticket! again after some discussion, I order and pay the upgrade.

TL;DR

So the conclusion is, so far I'm really happy with MaxKVM. Overall this is the best Singapore VPS I could find. Their pricing is the cheapest ( compared with other providers ). Their customer service/support is so helpful and fast. And also their Billing Panel is easy to use!

A Review without benchmark is not complete,
    So here's the YABS Benchmark.

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-07                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon 21 Dec 2020 05:51:48 PM UTC

Basic System Information:        
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2999.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB  
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 72.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 164.83 MB/s  (41.2k) | 543.42 MB/s   (8.4k)
    Write      | 165.26 MB/s  (41.3k) | 546.28 MB/s   (8.5k)
    Total      | 330.10 MB/s  (82.5k) | 1.08 GB/s    (17.0k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 579.21 MB/s   (1.1k) | 611.68 MB/s    (597)
    Write      | 609.98 MB/s   (1.1k) | 652.42 MB/s    (637)
    Total      | 1.18 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.26 GB/s     (1.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 90.2 Mbits/sec  | 298 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 461 Mbits/sec   | 372 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 542 Mbits/sec   | 421 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 770 Mbits/sec   | 637 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 201 Mbits/sec   | 230 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 130 Mbits/sec   | 156 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 130 Mbits/sec   | 190 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 678 Mbits/sec   | 396 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 780 Mbits/sec   | 543 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 747 Mbits/sec   | 492 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 562 Mbits/sec   | 282 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 590 Mbits/sec   | 211 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 970
    Multi Core      | 3068
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5456002

So guys, if you are looking for a cheap VPS in Singapore, I would recommend taking a look at MaxKVM. And besides Singapore, they also have other locations, like Amsterdam, Dallas, Los Angeles, and New York.

Keep up the good work MaxKVM!

And thank you guys for reading my first ever review :D
    Stay safe, and cheers!

Disclaimer: This review is pure all my experience, I didn't get paid/endorsed to write this review.

oh no... good review though, now we have to ask same plan, location and discount to
    @MaxKVM.
    Could we buy same plan as @DianTama? 😊😂

• aRNoLDaRNoLD Member
    edited December 2020

@ravenchad said:
    oh no... good review though, now we have to ask same plan, location and discount to
    @MaxKVM.

SKVM-4G-4CPU

4x CPU 
    4GB ECC RAM
    75GB NVMe SSD RAID 10
    3TB Transfer @ 1Gbps
    1x IPv4 & IPv6 /64

$7/mo or $69/yr - Add to Cart

But, if you don't care about the remaining two cores, pick this SKVM-4G plan as @mexyul has mentioned in https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3182117/#Comment_3182117 and by validating 12-22-2020 promo code, you'll get $39+ for a year.

Here is my test for this plan (machine in LA)
    https://clbin.com/ppgNc

and YABS here
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3182140/#Comment_3182140

Update
    frankly my opinion, SKVM-4G with 2 cores is a better choice/value for money as you can grab it today with $37.12 (recurring annual payment $39.x). For 69 minus 39 is approximately $30, and that covers two cores?

also, for 2c-2g plan, the promo code discovered is not a big discount, but today the discount increased to 50% covering the 2c-4g plan. what shall be the next series to be covered by a magic discount? P series? Probably, and perhaps, as @MaxKVM mentioned earily, there would be some 70% promo codes to be released.

Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • @aRNoLD said:

@ravenchad said:
    @MaxKVM.

SKVM-4G-4CPU

4x CPU 
    4GB ECC RAM
    75GB NVMe SSD RAID 10
    3TB Transfer @ 1Gbps
    1x IPv4 & IPv6 /64

But, if you don't care about the remaining two cores, pick this SKVM-4G plan as @mexyul has mentioned in https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3182117/#Comment_3182117 and by validating 12-22-2020 promo code, you'll get $39+ for a year.

and YABS here

nice. thanks for sharing. I am hoping if they could also open singapore loc :)

Thanked by 2yoursunny MaxKVM
  • @ravenchad said:

What I can see, from the drop down menu/list of locations, there are LA, NL, Dallas and NY. Cannot see Singapore. That may involve manual intervention.

Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • @ravenchad said:

@aRNoLD said:

@ravenchad said:
    @MaxKVM.

SKVM-4G-4CPU

4x CPU 
    4GB ECC RAM
    75GB NVMe SSD RAID 10
    3TB Transfer @ 1Gbps
    1x IPv4 & IPv6 /64

and YABS here

@aRNoLD said:

@ravenchad said:

What I can see, from the drop down menu/list of locations, there are LA, NL, Dallas and NY. Cannot see Singapore. That may involve manual intervention.

You need to ask MaxKVM about Singapore,
    or wait till NYE or Christmas I heard they will have stock on that date