Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10gbps VPS for Hosting WP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10gbps VPS for Hosting WP

Hello,

I am looking for to migrate my current website, currently using it for Affiliate Marketing on 1GBPS VPS, need little more faster loading.

My Requirements:

2 vCPU
2GB RAM
20-30GB NVME
10 GBPS
1-2 TB bandwidth ( It will not cross more than 400GB approx)
Payment: Paypal
and should be 18+ friendly as well.

Also I need the server to be flexible, like upgrade or downgrade. My budget is open.

Currently using Vultr, downgrading is not possible and it's on 1GBPS.

Thanks

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Having a 10Gbps port won't improve Wordpress loading times. And you definitely don't need 10Gbps when using only 400GB of bandwidth in a month. You need to optimize your Wordpress install.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2020

You need to optimise your WP instead of wasting money on port speed. Such port speed better for continues video/audio streaming and bandwidth usage more than 40TB per month.

• The speed of loading web pages depends on other factors like web server, php config, MySQL/Maria server settings, plugins, caching, etc .. and not only hardware resources.

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep

For the purpose of serving web content (text and images, excluding video) on a small to mid-sized website, you will most likely not see any difference between 100 Mb/s, 1 Gb/s or 10 Gb/s. Stick to your current server for now, and instead try to optimize the size of your assets, the number of requests involved, the number of WP plugins installed and such stuff. If you have no clue where to start, Googles PageSpeed Insights tool might give you some good advice.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @MikeA @athensguy @alwyzon @WebProject thanks for the feedback.

• fyi, servarica offer 2tb shared hosting.

Thanked by 1vickybus
  • @budi1413 said:
    fyi, servarica offer 2tb shared hosting.

Dude, did you read the post?

Thanked by 1vickybus
  • As others have said 1Gbps is more than aduquate and going to 10Gbps won't make much difference to you if any at all.

Downgrading VMs is difficult when you're trying to downgrade disk space as well, some do now offer flexible upgrades/downgrades which will allow you to upgrade without increasing disk space, you can then downgrade back to the original plan - It's worth noting though that you'd only be able to downgrade to the original plan purchased with that amount of disk space. Hetzner Cloud offer this as an option for example.

Thanked by 1vickybus
  • Optimize your WP setup, minimize DB calls and add caching and your site will most likely fly.
    WP is easy to mock-up, but very fixable with just a few tricks.

Thanked by 1vickybus
  • First make sure you are using an optimized stack like https://runcloud.io/ (paid, point and click and has an automatic incremental backup service) or https://wordops.net/ (free, easy but CLI).

If speed still not to your liking, you can try APO https://www.cloudflare.com/automatic-platform-optimization/wordpress/ from Cloudflare for $5/mo. (you will need a free account to be able to use the $5 addon). Putting your site behind Cloudflare is a good idea anyway and won't cost you anything.

Thanked by 1vickybus
  • Are you using caching? I'd recommend using WP Super Cache along with a web server config that serves the cached HTML straight from disk (here's a modified version of the config I use: https://gist.github.com/Daniel15/c6dce3639f85749e2f5de013d4019d6b). A basic way to ensure this is working properly is stopping PHP (eg. service php7.4-fpm stop) and refresh the page - it should still load properly. It should only hit PHP when the page is not yet cached, or the cache has expired.

Thanked by 1vickybus
  • If your bandwidth usage is just gonna be 1-2TB then there is no use of 10Gbps port. 250Mbps too is more than enough

Thanked by 1vickybus
  • Thanks all for your support :-)

• @vickybus said:
    Thanks all for your support :-)

Just cram whatever Gbps you have. 2, 10 or 40, no, better go for 100 Gbps bonded, with fallback to 40 Gbps just in case...

• @LTniger said:

@vickybus said:

Just cram whatever Gbps you have. 2, 10 or 40, no, better go for 100 Gbps bonded, with fallback to 40 Gbps just in case...

Sorry?

• @vickybus said:

@LTniger said:

@vickybus said:

Sorry?

• @seriesn said:

Signature is 4 lines on mobile now, would recommend you go for this format, you'll probably fit into the rules:
    NexusBytes | Locations |
    Ryzen | Switcher |
    Storage | LiteSpeed

• @AC_Fan said:

@seriesn said:

Signature is 4 lines on mobile now, would recommend you go for this format, you'll probably fit into the rules:
    NexusBytes | Locations |
    Ryzen | Switcher |
    Storage | LiteSpeed

Good call. Will do sir. Shows as 3 lines on my note.

Thanks <3

• @vickybus said:
    Hello,

I am looking for to migrate my current website, currently using it for Affiliate Marketing on 1GBPS VPS, need little more faster loading.

My Requirements:

2 vCPU
    2GB RAM
    20-30GB NVME
    10 GBPS

Also I need the server to be flexible, like upgrade or downgrade. My budget is open.

Thanks

curious how much you earn with that traffic?

• @vickybus said:

@LTniger said:

@vickybus said:

Sorry?

Why did you thought that increasing connection pipe speed would increase your website speed? Interesting rationale behind this.

• @yolo_me said:

@vickybus said:
    Hello,

My Requirements:

2 vCPU
    2GB RAM
    20-30GB NVME
    10 GBPS

Thanks

curious how much you earn with that traffic?

It depends on the conversions ofcourse. :-)