Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question: is PRV's network good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question: is PRV's network good?

I am using PacificRack's new architecture VM. But their network seems not that good. The monitor reports network connection dropped some times. When I am using SSH, the session can also be dropped occasionally.
Do you have the same experience? How about their network condition? thanks.

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@jpeng said:
    I am using PacificRack's new architecture VM. But their network seems not that good. The monitor reports network connection dropped some times. When I am using SSH, the session can also be dropped occasionally.

Are you from China? If so, this could be due to packet loss. Their network will fluctuate just like any other provider for that region, due to congestion and more within your local region.

This brand is owned by QuadraNet. But as far as I know (have read) they cap resources, both I/O and network ports. So this is something else to look at, as a possible cause. But I'm leaning towards it being your region if you're from China. You can always work with them, provide them bi-directional MTR to get to the bottom of this.

• @dustinc said:

@jpeng said:

Are you from China? If so, this could be due to packet loss. Their network will fluctuate just like any other provider for that region, due to congestion and more within your local region.

This brand is owned by QuadraNet. But as far as I know (have read) they cap resources, both I/O and network ports. So this is something else to look at, as a possible cause. But I'm leaning towards it being your region if you're from China. You can always work with them, provide them bi-directional MTR to get to the bottom of this.

I am from Hong Kong. I have other providers for LA and Seattle location, only PR networks not that solid. Thanks