Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KTS24/haendler.it review - Unbeatable price, but beat pretty badly in everything else
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KTS24/haendler.it review - Unbeatable price, but beat pretty badly in everything else

drunkendogdrunkendog Member
edited December 2020 in Reviews

On paper, Haendler is amazing. They offer 5 Xeon E5 cores and 16GB of RAM for €7.50 (cheapest on the market by a fairly big margin). They have 7 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE and 24/7/365 support advertised on their website. They have OVER 2500 HAPPY CUSTOMERS and a great custom panel.

On paper, they are "good shit".

Unfortunately the "good" part seems to have been lost in translation.

I'm not expecting performance at this price point, but I am expecting basic usability, and that simply doesn't exist.

Their in-house panel is pretty much unusable. Paying after an invoice is generated is apparently impossible, and the button to add funds isn't located in the Billing section of the panel, but rather on the dashboard for some reason.

Their panel frequently 503s, and actually did so yesterday, which is what prompted me to write this review.

Instead of having the option to image our disk directly (with a preinstalled OS), we're thrown an installer ISO and told to fuck off. To add insult to injury, the VNC client is quite possibly the worst I've ever used. To get it to boot from CD instead of PXE took a shit load of fiddling because often times when I tried to change the boot order nothing happened. Also, forget copying and pasting, because fuck that

The panel provisioning is also broken, as I was provisioned a couple NAT ports instead of the IPV4 I was promised.

There is also no true ticketing system. There's a Feature Request system, but it's public and I'm pretty sure no staff has looked at it ever. They certainly haven't looked at the IPV4 I've requested~~ Staff addressed this in comments, please ignore

There's probably more broken af shit that I've missed

Final rating: 2/10, just go with RackNerd instead

PS: Just tried to VNC in to give you guys YABS, and it's throwing 500 server error because why not.

Edit: Oh yeah, their VNC keyboard is also completely broken. When I tried to run YABS previously, when I typed - I got / instead, and when I tried to type / I got 7 instead

Edit2: Apologies for the rant, some things I said might not have been fair. It's just really frustrating to use the tools.

Thanked by 1user123

Comments

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

I am sure you contacted our support?

Since a few days our panel getting attacked by various ways, so that we was forced to update tge system yesterday.

I now there are a lot of bugs angd even more since out updates yesterday, but for now we could help everyone who contact us.

If you need a bugfree panel and business quality kts24.com isn't the best choice, but we also never told so.

• @GameTownProjects said:
    Since a few days our panel getting attacked by various ways, so that we was forced to update tge system yesterday.

I now there are a lot of bugs angd even more since out updates yesterday, but for now we could help everyone who contact us.

If you need a bugfree panel and business quality kts24.com isn't the best choice, but we also never told so.

I'm not looking for business quality, I'm looking for a panel that does what a panel is supposed to do, and that isn't true for KTS's "diamond panel".

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

Your server is installed, so it seems like you found a way to use your server.

We are actively working to expand and improve the panel. In doing so, we always take into account the wishes and requirements of our customers.

I am sorry that you could not make the best experiences in the last two days.
    We are happy to extend the server by 7 days for every customer who has suffered from the problems of the last days.

• I could only find one offer that matches yours.

I read there "NO IPv4 included".

Furthermore i found an email and phone number at the top of the page of kts24.com.

• @Critch125 said:
    I could only find one offer that matches yours.

I read there "NO IPv4 included".

Furthermore i found an email and phone number at the top of the page of kts24.com.

Oh, I misinterpreted that. I'll remove that from my review

• Final rating: 2/10, just go with RackNerd instead

lol your other choice isn't much better...

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • @jugganuts said:
    Final rating: 2/10, just go with RackNerd instead

lol your other choice isn't much better...

The panel (SolusVM) is a lot easier to use, and that was my main gripe with KTS24

• @drunkendog said: Edit: Oh yeah, their VNC keyboard is also completely broken. When I tried to run YABS previously, when I typed - I got / instead, and when I tried to type / I got 7 instead

Did you try using a US or UK keyboard? I found that a US keyboard worked fine.

Edit2: Apologies for the rant, some things I said might not have been fair. It's just really frustrating to use the tools.

You may have tried to use their panel at an unhappy moment (given what @GameTownProjects said above). I did an installation around 10 days ago and the panel basically worked fine. I say "basically" because the panel was sometimes a little quirky -- it's not a completed polished product, after all -- but I was able to install from an uploaded ISO nevertheless.