Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexus Bytes: Limited 2020 Refugee special for Web and Reseller Hosting (USA/Germany/Singapore)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexus Bytes: Limited 2020 Refugee special for Web and Reseller Hosting (USA/Germany/Singapore)

Uncle Bob says, and I quote:

" <3 If you aren't happy, breakup with your old provider, get away from that toxic relationship and take advantage of Nexus Bytes Awesome Switchers Special and Contract Buyout offer <3"

Here at Nexus Bytes LLC, we don't have customers, we have family members. We strive and take pride in providing the best service and experience possible.

We are not here to sell you services, we are here to earn your business :)

Don't wait!! Join the family today. Take a Byte and find out why we are awesome!!

Some Testimonials.
Trust Pilot Review

Code: EverythingWillbeFine (code will show 0% discount)
Promo Details: One time 50% service credit.
How to redeem:
- 1) Order with the above promo code.
- 2) Once your order has been approved and activated, please open a ticket titled "Switcher/Contract Buyout Special". This must be done within 3 business days of activating your initial service with us.
- 3) Upload a screenshot showing your current active service (From your current provider's client area)
- 4) Upload a screenshot of the most recently paid invoice
- 5) Within 7 business days, upload the service cancelation confirmation Screenshot from your current provider
- 6) Within 9 businesses days of your initial Nexus Bytes service activation, upload a screenshot of the previous products status showing it was canceled.
- 7) Really not much flexible with the above rules. If it fits, it fits. If it doesn't, we gotta pay our bills too :(
- Once we have verified your documents, we will manually extend your service accordingly and will notify you by responding to the ticket.

Applicable Payment Term: Semi-Annual, Annual
Valid till: December 31st
Why no life time, recurring discount: Unless you want us to increase our price in the future, with very short notice, it is simply not possible.

Directadmin and Litesepeed powered Web Hosting from $1/month!

Directadmin and Litesepeed powered Reseller Hosting with free Blesta billing system from $2.5/month!

Quick FAQ:

• Control Panel: Directadmin
  • Web Server: LiteSpeed
  • SSH Support: For majority of the plans. Pop in a ticket :)
  • Multiple PHP, python, node.js support: Yes
  • Fee SSL: Are you still paying for SSL? Who doesn't offer Free SSL these days?
  • Daily email limits: 250/user
  • Reseller Resource limits are per end user
  • Do you use mailchannel/Relay etc: Negative. We do offer premium email hosting with awesome smart routing!
  • Cost for additional IP: $2/month , $6/Quarter, $12/6 month, $24/year
  • My order got flagged: Do not panic. We manually check each flagged orders within 12 hours and if we change order status, you will receive an invoice payment notification.
  • Migration?: Totally!! As long as you are either switching from Directadmin or Cpanel and can provide us with a copy of your backup files (if reseller, end user backup files), we will be more than happy to restore the backup for you. Please note, we can only do account level restore. If you are moving multiple domains from multiple providers, we won't be able to restore them, unless each of them are restored as their own account.
  • For faster migration, pop in a ticket once you have uploaded a copy of your complete DA/Cpanel backup within your file system (via FTP/SCP).
    • Looking Glass
    • Come feel the beat!
    • Don't be dick policy applies
    • True 24/7 support. Average ticket resolution time: 1 hour.
    • Accepted Payment Methods:
    • Debit/Credit Card
    • Paypal
    • Ali Pay
    • WeChat Pay
    • OXXO Mexico
    • Boleto Brazil
    • WebMoney
    • India NetBanking
    • Paytm
    • Sofort
    • Bitcoin / BitcoinCash / LiteCoin / Ethereum

Contrary to what some may say, we are not just "hype".

YTD Internal Helpdesk rating, by real and existing family members:

If you are already a member, don't stop growing and thank you for continuing to support us <3 ! We can't really describe, how much we appreciate you.

Thanked by 2bdl lentro

Comments

• That was quick :smiley:

• MS said:
    That was quick :smiley:

That's what she said (I will show myself out).

Thanked by 2bdl imok
  • @seriesn said:

MS said:

But she must not be laughing/happy :smiley:

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@seriesn said:

Who doesn't want fee-based insecure SSLv3 certificates when everyone else is using TLSv1.3 and free certificates?

• budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited December 2020

ordered 1 goodies.

edited: i have problem while registering support forum. please assist. username is the same as here. tq.

:disappointed:

• @budi1413 said:
    ordered 1 goodies.

edited: i have problem while registering support forum. please assist. username is the same as here. tq.

:disappointed:

Heya. What kind of issue did you face while signing up?

• @yoursunny said:

@seriesn said:

Who doesn't want fee-based insecure SSLv3 certificates when everyone else is using TLSv1.3 and free certificates?

No to yes. Yes to no.

MS said:

@seriesn said:

MS said:

But she must not be laughing/happy :smiley:

Wouldn't know ;)

• so confusing offer...

• @ashmanmalhotra said:
    so confusing offer...

Boss man, let me know what I can do to make it easier :)

• @seriesn said:

@ashmanmalhotra said:
    so confusing offer...

Boss man, let me know what I can do to make it easier :)

Just my 2cents.

I guess his concern is there are multiple steps required :smile:

(1) Opening a ticket

(2) Showing an "active" page from the original provider

(3) Showing the most recent invoice

(4) Showing the "Cancellation pending" page

(5) Showing the "Cancellation successful" page

He definitely wants it to be streamlined and stepping into your shoes - I guess only (3) and (4) are essential? (Proving the original price + the intention to cancel and move to you)

Sorry for jumping in. I see myself out, :)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • You are correct @swat4. First of all, offer is not clear and steps to redeem is painful. Noone has that much time...

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2020

@swat4 said:

Proving the original price + the intention to cancel and move to you

Not undermininig your suggestion that the process can be improved.

@seriesn and I had a few discussions around the "switcher special" offers a few months ago. I ran him through a few scenarios (other than those he was aware of) that were around the idea
    "mere intentions don't matter. Actions do"

For example, one can show the cancellation request from original provider, get the service switched over to Nexusbytes, and then cancel the cancellation request.
    And get...
    Two hosting plans for the price of one! (atleast till renewal)

There are many such cases as you can well imagine.

The 5 step "Refugee" Switcher program has its merits. Requires some amount of work though, and if the potential switchers whine about the process, then best wishes to them. :-)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @ashmanmalhotra said:
    You are correct @swat4. First of all, offer is not clear and steps to redeem is painful. Noone has that much time...

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you but this is LET. People here would do ANYTHING for a deal :smile:

I had signed up for one of these free credit promos with nexusbytes but forgot to upload a screenshot and did it 2~ weeks late and still got some free credits. It's probably well worth it if what they offer fits your requirements

Thanked by 2vyas11 seriesn
  • Yeah! @smallbibi I cant spare that much time just to avail the benefit. Anyway! I reached here bcz I was searching Singapore host but I did not find appealing offer on their website. Thank you all...

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Thanks everyone for the meaningful discussion, especially @vyas11
    Indeed, every coin has 2 sides.

In every industry, there are certainly some occasions where either the buyers or the sellers gain advantage (sometimes unfair) by gaming the system (which is very hard to be flawless).

I think the key of the game in this switcher programme is how the provider can protect himself against fraud. And even if he is deceived, would his long-term profit hurt?

Just my 2 cents - even if that buyer turns out to be cheeky, what @seriesn has given is a 50% service credit, which would only be valid so long as that guy is using the service. As we all know NexusBytes quality is top-notch, so long as the need to use exists, you would probably pay to continue even if there is no service credit.

And going further - if a bastard is so determined to cheat @seriesn, he would have just used Photoshop to create all those required documents.

But in principle - I do agree that there must be a system in place to avoid fishy things - but at the end of the day - you always win some and lose some. Can't find a perfect solution. (Easy to apply ; more prone to fraud ; Difficult to apply and losing potential new clients ; but fraud-proof)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @seriesn said:

Um... never read the offer in details until just now........ "Free" SSL instead? :# :# :#

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@swat4 said:

@seriesn said:

Um... never read the offer in details until just now........ "Free" SSL instead? :# :# :#

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @yoursunny said:

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @ashmanmalhotra @swat4 Thanks a bunch for the feedback! @vyas11 Sums it pretty nice.

Our switcher credit policy is was developed with multiple what if scenarios on mind. First of which were to prevent gaming. Which sadly happens a lot around here :(.

While I do understand why this can be a bit cumbersome, let me explain the whole process a little.

• Step 3-4, you are confirming that you actually have an active service.
    • Step 5, you are confirming that you are ready to cancel and taking a leap of faith.
    • Step 6, you actually have canceled the service.

These above steps eliminates a lot of abusive behavior that I/we have witnessed in the past, with similar type of promo.

I mean I do know where it feels like time consuming, but I guess one gotta make a judgement call here. It is never the intention to make things difficult for a current or new family members, sadly, we don't live in a perfect world :(

Regarding the price point, we want to avoid cramming servers up with as many services as possible, just to be able to pay the bill. Limited user count, undersold resource = enough breathing room for everyone, to actually enjoy and use what they have paid for. As for us, we are not rushing to run flash sales 30 hours a day, 9 days a week and 367 days a year :/.

I have worked countless hours to ensure that Nexus Bytes is where our family members can host their business, their production servers and sleep well at night knowing, things will be alright and if they are not, there will be an almost immediate alternative solution available.

We didn't participate in the race to the bottom in our early and young days and won't be doing it in the near future either.

This has nothing to do it me being an arrogant turd but rather, making our self future proof, where a 20% price hike by our vendor shouldn't impact our bottom line by 100% and gives me enough financial freedom, to hire proper staffing, offer swift support, to continue improving our product and offer more value to our family members.

Now if someone do go that extra mile to photoshop many things, for the sake of scoring some online virtual cash, I say, they "earned" the credit at that point :lol:

Fee SSL: Are you still paying for SSL? Who doesn't offer Free SSL these days?

What would have been a spelling mistake, turned to be quite the meme material (If anyone else sees the humor :tongue: ).

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • 10/10 appreciate the feedback though. Probably can find away to automate the process and make things easier for future signups. I welcome any and every suggestion in regards to this <3

• @yoursunny said:

@swat4 said:

@seriesn said:

Thanks to @yoursunny I learnt about a new SSL category.

Now
    I want a Christmas special offer with Fee SSL from summerhost

Thanked by 2yoursunny seriesn
  • Still time is money for family members. I wont spare that much money to come back and forth. End of the day, money is important to family members also. I really did not take pain to read what will happen at particular step. For me, it is important that what I am getting against what paying. Why it is important to see where someone is coming from. More important shall what you can deliver.

• @ashmanmalhotra said:
    Still time is money for family members. I wont spare that much money to come back and forth. End of the day, money is important to family members also. I really did not take pain to read what will happen at particular step. For me, it is important that what I am getting against what paying. Why it is important to see where someone is coming from. More important shall what you can deliver.

Totally bud! I mean, that is why the promo is Opt in :). Standard price is still available and without any hassle I tell you!

• Jay

New look ?

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Directadmin is the possible best replacement you can find as cPanel replacement but I wonder about your Germany location. You mentioned in another thread that you're about to move locations rather soon. Has this been cancelled? Exact location is crucial for me.

• @webcraft said:
    Directadmin is the possible best replacement you can find as cPanel replacement but I wonder about your Germany location. You mentioned in another thread that you're about to move locations rather soon. Has this been cancelled? Exact location is crucial for me.

Hiya boss,
    Migration is still pending due to some logistical issues :(