Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Work at home from Eu in usa, undetectable vps/n vm needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Work at home from Eu in usa, undetectable vps/n vm needed

I need an application/server/hosting that will allow me to have a legit ISP from NYC. I work for a company that is remote, but id like to go to europe to my family for a week or two. I know that there are vpn's etc, but from what i know this information will be quickly found out and i can get fired. (i cannot use any vpn at my work, they are forbidden)
In my mind, i know that i can set up a virtual desktop environment from my home in NY and connect to it from anywhere i want, but there is a but as always. The risk of power loss, internet connection dropping when im abroad is too big, and since this sometimes happened when i was working from home, this will definitely happen if i set it up and fly away. I tried using a vpn, (a good one, with a dedicated IP address) but on a website that checks your ip quality score i can see that they know im using a VPN, and if a website knows, my boss will too.
I am willing to pay for a good solution for my problem. Please contact me or post here if you have any ideas. :)

Comments

• user123user123 Member
    edited December 2020

lol
    Inb4 you're fired

ETA: or arrested or detained or deported, depending on what type of work you do. Most(?) countries in Europe also don't allow visitors to work remotely without a visa.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @user123 said:
    lol
    Inb4 you're fired

ahh stop it lol

• user123user123 Member
    edited December 2020

@PeterPiss said:

@user123 said:
    lol
    Inb4 you're fired

ahh stop it lol

Apologies. You quoted me before I could include the information about potentially being arrested, detained, or deported, depending on what type of work you do. Apart from your employer's policies, you may be breaking the laws of the country you're visiting.

• @user123 said:
    lol
    Inb4 you're fired

ETA: or arrested or detained or deported, depending on what type of work you do. Most(?) countries in Europe also don't allow visitors to work remotely without a visa.

dont worry about that, im a eu and us citizen

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2020

Have you tried asking your employer? They might be OK with you working from Europe depending on if they're a regulated industry or not - if you ask.

• fragpicfragpic Member
    edited December 2020

@PeterPiss
    On Windscribe VPN, you can pay to get a static IP. They give you an option to pay extra for a residential IP, which I believe costs $8 per month.
    There might be other providers too that offer a similar feature.

Thanked by 3Bertie evnix TheKiller
  • edited December 2020

Looks like you're Sol

• @PeterPiss said:
    I need an application/server/hosting that will allow me to have a legit ISP from NYC. I work for a company that is remote, but id like to go to europe to my family for a week or two. I know that there are vpn's etc, but from what i know this information will be quickly found out and i can get fired. (i cannot use any vpn at my work, they are forbidden)
    In my mind, i know that i can set up a virtual desktop environment from my home in NY and connect to it from anywhere i want, but there is a but as always. The risk of power loss, internet connection dropping when im abroad is too big, and since this sometimes happened when i was working from home, this will definitely happen if i set it up and fly away. I tried using a vpn, (a good one, with a dedicated IP address) but on a website that checks your ip quality score i can see that they know im using a VPN, and if a website knows, my boss will too.
    I am willing to pay for a good solution for my problem. Please contact me or post here if you have any ideas. :)

Residential proxy maybe ? I know there are such services being offered but don't know much into details.

• Dude - why on earth did you post this under your real name? What if your employer sees it?

• @taf said:
    Dude - why on earth did you post this under your real name? What if your employer sees it?

Golden shower parachute? /s

• @jackb said:
    Have you tried asking your employer? They might be OK with you working from Europe depending on if they're a regulated industry or not - if you ask.

I think legally he is not allowed to work on eu or someting, may be thats why his employer forbids him working anywhere else but usa.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@raknaz said:

@jackb said:

I think legally he is not allowed to work on eu or someting, may be thats why his employer forbids him working anywhere else but usa.

OP didn't say whether that's the case or not? That's why I said unless he's in a regulated industry (i.e. HIPAA would probably be a no go) he might as well ask.

Thanked by 1raknaz
  • @PeterPiss said:
    I know that there are vpn's etc, but from what i know this information will be quickly found out and i can get fired. (i cannot use any vpn at my work, they are forbidden)

If they are looking at what address you come in from and monitoring for oddities/changes, then no matter what you do they are going to see a change of source address and may query it. If that is an issue then your only option is a VPN at home that you dial into - they'll not detect that.

If you remote into a home machine do everything work related from that then they'll not see the difference. If they might detect a VPN on that home machine because you've let them install things on it, run the VPN on another. If they manage the machine completely (i.e. they've provided you with a company laptop) then you are probably completely out of luck as remote access to it will be disabled and they'll notice you using a different machine at home.

WRT dealing with power cuts and other issues, do you have a local friend who could flat-sit for you and deal with resetting things when the power returns and so forth?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    1. Keep the laptop in your usual place.
    2. Buy an HDMI capture card. Connect the laptop HDMI output to that capture card.
    3. Get a Raspberry Pi. Plug in the HDMI capture card. Stream captured video to VNC session.
    4. Get a Teensy microcontroller. Program it as a USB keyboard and mouse combo. Plug in to the laptop.
    5. Stream inputs from the VNC session to the Teensy.
    6. You'll need a week to code up all these. Undetectable telework anywhere, until you are asked to get on video chat then you are busted.

Or: take two weeks of annual leave.

Thanked by 2benj0x user123
  • elliotcelliotc Member
    edited December 2020

Just host a vpn at home with ddns.

Edit: saw the "but". Do you have any friends in NY? Gift your friend a pi and ask him a favor.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited December 2020

@PeterPiss said: id like to go to europe to my family for a week or two. I know that there are vpn's etc, but from what i know this information will be quickly found out and i can get fired. (i cannot use any vpn at my work, they are forbidden) In my mind, i know that i can set up a virtual desktop environment from my home in NY

You know you're going to be quarantine'd for 14 days when you get back....

• @taf said:
    Dude - why on earth did you post this under your real name? What if your employer sees it?

You really think that my name is Peter and my last name is Piss? LOL

Thanked by 2FrankZ eingress
  • @raknaz said:

@jackb said:

I can work legally in Europe and USA.

• Don't want to be a killjoy but I'm pretty sure this is against LET rules

• @PeterPiss said:

@taf said:

Yes Mr. P Piss, please take this more seriously.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @jamespeach said:

@PeterPiss said:

@taf said:

Yes Mr. PP P Piss, please take this more seriously.

FTFY

• @fragpic said:
    @PeterPiss
    On Windscribe VPN, you can pay to get a static IP. They give you an option to pay extra for a residential IP, which I believe costs $8 per month.
    There might be other providers too that offer a similar feature.

Torguard also offers a residential IP.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The risk of power loss, internet connection dropping when im abroad is too big

Here's where you identified that this was an even worse idea.

Thanked by 1user123
  • And then there is another lockdown and you are stuck for 1 more months.

• This is a terrible idea for a significant amount of reasons, and also against forum rules, sorry.

This discussion has been closed.