Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mirror directory on one server to another? (Just html / static files)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mirror directory on one server to another? (Just html / static files)

RamblerRambler Member
edited November 2020 in Help

So I have a production server already with my site running on it. I wanted to create a .onion copy of it, but my provider doesn't allow Tor (anything) on their network. Their rules, not mine.

It's just a static html site with no php, mysql, nothing fancy. So I was going to spin up a new vps elsewhere and mirror it for this project.

What's the best tool available to copy these files/folders to the other server as needed? Maybe once I update the site I can run a script on the production/clearweb server and it'll push the update to the tor-facing server hosting the .onion version? I've messed with rsync for mysql and storage backups in the past but I don't think that's the tool I want to use for this. Unsure if there is something better or recommended.

So maybe on the host server I can run a script that will just send/overwrite the contents of /var/www/my-site/html to another server using a pair of ssh keys for authentication between the two?

Comments