Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic - Pretty bad service and support - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic - Pretty bad service and support

2»

Comments

• The reality is whenever a company has a large sale support goes downhill for a few days to a week or so.

That isn't the reality at all companies.

I'm sating that a little patience during sale times goes a long way.

Why should the customer be expected to tolerate a lower level of service just because a business is running a sale? I've never expected the customers of any business I've run to accept a lower level of service or wait days or a week for resolution of a problem because the company was having a sale.

World wide IPv6 adoption is at 2%

Big f**cking deal. The worldwide adoption rate is completely irrelevant If IPv6 is advertised as part of the hosting package. If it is advertised it should be available, and it should be available with the same SLA as the rest of the package. If the SLA says 99.9% then ipV6 should also be available 99.9%

but we are talking about $5 a month vps

The customer who places a $5 order today might place a $1000 order tomorrow if they are happy with the product and service so it's usually a good idea in business to treat every customer like royalty regardless of the value of the product they ordered.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • DomainBop said: Why should the customer be expected to tolerate a lower level of service just because a business is running a sale? I've never expected the customers of any business I've run to accept a lower level of service or wait days or a week for resolution of a problem because the company was having a sale.

Please go to Walmart/Best Buy on Black Friday. Then you will see what I'm referencing.

Thanked by 1shovenose
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited November 2013

but we are talking about $5 a month vps
    DomainBop said: The customer who places a $5 order today might place a $1000 order tomorrow if they are happy with the product and service so it's usually a good idea in business to treat every customer like royalty regardless of the value of the product they ordered.

Sounds to me: don't expect too much, you are just paying peanuts anyways

• BlueVM said: I consider IPv6 to be an auxiliary service at this point in time no matter who provides it. I'm unaware of any web based services which are only connectable via IPv6. If the user had bought an IPv6 only VPS, absolutely I'd consider it an essential service day one, minute one.

World wide IPv6 adoption is at 2%. I'm probably coming off as a jerk at this point. My intent isn't to offend anyone, but we are talking about $5 a month vps (in a computer related field). Nothing ever works right the first try... give your provider 24 hours to fix an issue when you first buy a VPS, then ask for credit for the delay once they fix it.

I have some IPv6 only servers. IPv6 connectivity to my other servers is thus essential. Really, wherever I host, IPv6 connectivity is more important than IPv4 connectivity as IPv6 connectivity is available at all my production servers and IPv4 isn't.

So, in a way, IPv6 connectivity on containers that have IPv4 as well, can be quite essential if servers need to communicate with each other.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited November 2013

@mpkossen - Interesting, hadn't particularly thought about that... it's a valid point. Based on that and that alone I'll say I was wrong, thank you.

• If you advertise it, be prepared to offer adequate support for it.

• WOW!

@BlueVM said: I consider IPv6 to be an auxiliary service...

You are right. Most clients don't make use of IPv6 at all. Here's a newsflash for you, though: those who do, like me, consider that an integral part of the service they had paid for!

...Nothing ever works right the first try...

Very true! But what are you saying here? That you feel free to experiment on your paying customers? Are you Chinese by any chance? No offense, I'm asking, because this is a common Chinese business practice ;)

...we are talking about $5 a month vps...

Let me get this straight: you feel it's justified to take $5 for a service offered and not to provide that service? Interesting attitude. So, in your eyes, where is the threshold, the monthly fee, that when paid, obligates you to provide the service as advertised?

...I'm probably coming off as a jerk at this point...

Yep, good disclaimer, that ;)

• BlueVM said: Interesting, hadn't particularly thought about that... it's a valid point. Based on that and that alone I'll say I was wrong, thank you.

Sorry, it was not meant harshly, by the way. Reading it now, I may have been a bit short :-)

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited November 2013

@aglodek - I sort of covered most your comments in my previous comment:

BlueVM said: I accept the fact that my views may not be popular, they're just my opinions and I don't use my opinions when making business decisions (or at least I try not to). I apologize if you felt like I was trying to say that I don't feel my customers services are important. I do care about my users, their vps, their projects and their problems... that's pretty much my mission from sun up to sun down, in the middle of the night, whenever... it's all I do. The biggest thing I've learned to date is that no matter how hard you try, no matter how many steps you take to make sure problems don't happen: Something is always bound to go wrong somewhere down the road. I'll be the first to admit I don't know what my customers would use IPv6 for, perhaps some of you can help me understand what you would be using it for... To date I've seen it primarily used for IRC and for an alternative webserver connection method.

and...

BlueVM said: Interesting, hadn't particularly thought about that... it's a valid point. Based on that and that alone I'll say I was wrong, thank you.

• mpkossen said: Sorry, it was not meant harshly, by the way. Reading it now, I may have been a bit short :-)

It didn't feel harsh and I learned something... so we'll leave it at that.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • GuanYuGuanYu Member
    edited November 2013

@terafire said:
    If you advertise it, be prepared to offer adequate support for it.

That's valid also for @BlueVM and advertised but never delivered IPv6 with Zurich nodes.

BlueVM:
    In Switzerland we will be offering IPv6 this weekend. The other locations are waiting for our datacenter to route IPv6.
    August 29, 2013 @ 6:28 am | Reply

Thanked by 1cause
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@SkylarM fair enough, we all have bad days. Anyway I would like to request a pro-rated refund since I have two other connectivity-related problems and I simply want to forget about it.

If you are curious, one little problem is that the 10 mbps cap for my container was removed so I could hit 1 gbps and if I didn't limited that on my side too. Not my problem, yeah? Except because then Tor would heavily abuse the CPU with the correspondent container suspension, I suppose.

Other is the inability to open many simultaneous connections (1000's), but maybe that's actually a "feature" and I could understand that.

• ErawanArifNugroho said: I'm having a problem with disk io. Installing nginx took 30minutes. And load raising to 2.

+1 another reason to leave :)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I hope these issues are sorted out soon, I've ordered a vps and its idle but when I get around to using it, I would hope I wouldn't have to come across these kind of issues

• @Nyr said:
    SkylarM fair enough, we all have bad days. Anyway I would like to request a pro-rated refund since I have two other connectivity-related problems and I simply want to forget about it.

If you could bump your ticket for me that would be great, I'll get the pro-rated refund taken care of today.

@tommy said:

We had a few issues with our VPSMON software earlier which resulted in abusive clients not being dealt with, resulting in much longer than anticipated delays with installations. If ANY client experiences issues, we can investigate further and/or migrate to a different node.

• edited November 2013

I've submitted a ticket but got no answer, so I just closed it. And anyway, my vps were suspended now. I have no intention to open a ticket or renew it. Just, so sad about it.

It took 30minutes to install nginx. Do you know how much time do I need to make the vps to be ready as a webserver? It's just really wasting my time.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I've submitted a ticket but got no answer, so I just closed it. And anyway, my vps were suspended now. I have no intention to open a ticket or renew it. Just, so sad about it.

It took 30minutes to install nginx. Do you know how much time do I need to make the vps to be ready as a webserver? It's just really wasting my time.

Could you give me a ticket number? We don't ignore tickets, and all tickets that had been opened received a reply from us at one point or another, so curious as to why this one wasn't responded to.

• BlueVM said: Please go to Walmart/Best Buy on Black Friday. Then you will see what I'm referencing.

Perfect example right there. being overwhelmed is different from just not caring..

They just ran a sale, overwhelmed by tickets, it happends...

• @rm_ said:
    OK I will keep these points in mind when considering whether or not to use BlueVM services.

Taking some tiny part from a long comment and quoting them like that and then justifying someone's service based on that is very very wrong.

Also, next time when BlueVM/Crissic will come with another great offer, it would be people like us trying to get one ASAP before they run out of stock, even though we are currently availing their service and know damn well how they SERVE !!!!!

• Hmm my vps is fine. Im having a 50/50 rate on good providers and bad providers canceling 2 this month. I got the longest uptime with this vps out of all my servers, 59 days on this vps. And skylar responds to my tickets real fast when i do contact him. Can't ask for too much than that. I just did a update and upgraded a few packages performed as expected. My nodes host don't have ssd but nginx def won't take 30min to install on mine. Im new with ipv6 relying on ipv4 primarily so i can't comment on that. No problems with the network. Speedtests to midwest and east coast is very fast.

Btw im Not a fanboy just posting my experience with skylar.

• @emdad said:
    Also, next time when BlueVM/Crissic will come with another great offer, it would be people like us trying to get one ASAP before they run out of stock, even though we are currently availing their service and know damn well how they SERVE !!!!!

BlueVM's comments in this thread are not representative of what Crissic as a company believes. They are their own entity ;) -- I addressed the specific IPv6 connectivity issue in this thread, albeit it should have been handled significantly better by my part in the original ticket.

Our IPv6 connectivity IS something we can guarantee, and something our systems and support has been improved apon over the past few months with the addition of TELX and by proxy of TELX HE.net for IPv6 connectivity. As mentioned in my initial response to this thread I was rushing to get the ticket out of the way and miss-stated many things as well as didn't address the issue appropriately until later in the ticket when it was discovered he was assigned a few IPv6 addresses that should not have been in use for Crissic VPS customers. Entirely a mistake on our part that went undiscovered as it affected one client, and not the whole node's connectivity.

I just got a refund from @SkylarM for the remaining time of my service.

• I have bought a VPS for one year from them.. and till now all things are good.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

BlueVM fan here.
    You wont get the moon from them, but the prices are great and service is decent.
    If you do not pick one of the offers your loss, what can I say...

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited November 2013

edit

• @Nyr since issue is resolved, is it ok to close the thread?

@jcaleb sure, dude, go ahead :)

This discussion has been closed.