Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for (likely dedi) Europe(UK?) HDD server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for (likely dedi) Europe(UK?) HDD server

Looking for a Europe based (probably dedicated) server with HDD storage.

Preferable specs are roughly
CPU: Anything not incredibly poor (No atom/opteron), ideal would be oldish i3/i5. If virtual then 2+ fast vcores.
RAM: At least 8gb, 16gb+ preferred
Disk: 2TB+, either dedicated HDD or SSD-cached if shared.
Network: 10TB+ @ 500Mbps+, fair use gigabit is alright too.
Budget: No higher than €30 (Incl UK VAT if charged) since at that point I might as well go with Hetzner auction. Lower the better, preferred would be the lower end of the 20-30 range.
Used hardware is okay as long as the HDD isnt absolutely ancient.

Looked at OneProvider and Hetzner auction servers, both seem reasonable but was curious what else exists that I've missed or that could be offered.

Extra special bonus points for UK, really would love something in my own country for once. (Yes I'm aware I'm posting this at 3:40am, this is my life now)

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Get in touch with @Clouvider

Thanked by 2Erisa Clouvider
  • @thedp said:

I had been eyeing up their sale dedis, main thing putting me off was the requirement to pay a large amount annually for most of the London ones. That and fishing through for one with 2TB was becoming a chore.
    Does seem like a quality provider though, would love to work with them if possible.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Erisa said:

@thedp said:

I had been eyeing up their sale dedis, main thing putting me off was the requirement to pay a large amount annually for most of the London ones. That and fishing through for one with 2TB was becoming a chore.
    Does seem like a quality provider though, would love to work with them if possible.

They've got quality and they also provide services to a number of top providers of this community.

Just have a chat with @Clouvider, and I'm pretty sure you'll end up with them :)

Thanked by 2Erisa Clouvider