Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad Experience Already
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bad Experience Already

MorpheusxenoMorpheusxeno Member
edited November 2020 in General

Decided to take a ReliableSite server after looking at all these really weak black Friday deals. Bought the server, Was supposed to be in LAX and its deployed in Flordia. Purchased a rapid deploy server specifically for the purpose of getting the server online asap.

Whats the deal with selling 7-10 year old cpus

Anyone have a bad experience with this company?

Comments

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2020

Are you sure it wasn't done with the opposite intent. In other words, the system ran out of servers in the location you requested and because you ordered rapid deploy they delivered a server instead of the order failing? Have you ticketed them and asked them about it and why it happened? If not, before you come here and talk crap, that's the first thing you should do. Black Friday is a busy time for a bunch of hosts around here, so it could also just be an error in their system as well.

More interested in hearing about your support experience and how the service turns out to be, than you just complaining cause it wasn't delivered in the place you expected and didn't follow-up with the host on why.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2020

@Morpheusxeno said: Anyone have a bad experience with this company?

I'm sure there's a few people who did, and a lot more that had a positive experience.

Mistakes happen sometimes, especially when the staff is under pressure in this sales season, maybe ask them to get it resolved for you? :)

• Talking crap is asking if some one else has had a bad experience? Pump your brakes.

• RS generally have a decent reputation so just drop a ticket and see what they have to say on the situation, could just be a genuine error in the system/miss allocation in provisioning etc.

• Complaint seems to be about location change (LAX to FL)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Morpheusxeno said: Anyone have a bad experience with this company?

Nah they're cool.

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Morpheusxeno said:

That's just normal in the low end and low price market segment and not to be held against them unless they specifically offered a modern processor node.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • they have xeon silvers and ryzen 3950xs, why are you complainig when you choose the order the old server?

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

The server was delivered as advertised in the correct location. Instead of spamming our help desk and taking this public based on information from a 3rd party website, take a breathe, be patient.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • MorpheusxenoMorpheusxeno Member
    edited November 2020

Spamming the help desk? Get real. What a dick.

I wasn't talking shit about the customer service.

Asking if anyone had a bad experience. I had received good feed back from some users saying that you guys would take care of the problem.

Your note is now making this a negative experience.

Feel free to close the thread.

• 3rd party website? Does that mean you were checking via GeoIP?
    Always check via latency to nearby iperf servers or LGs, even the enterprises get GeoIP wrong sometimes.

• I checked a few times with other places. It showed in FL on many websites.

I was also getting some really poor download speeds. I chalked it up to the server being so far away.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Morpheusxeno said:
    Spamming the help desk? Get real. What a dick.

I wasn't talking shit about the customer service.

Asking if anyone had a bad experience. I had received good feed back from some users saying that you guys would take care of the problem.

Your note is now making this a negative experience.

Feel free to close the thread.

He didn't say you were talking shit about that. You seem a bit wound up. Take the opportunity to reflect.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Morpheusxeno said:
    I checked a few times with other places. It showed in FL on many websites.

I was also getting some really poor download speeds. I chalked it up to the server being so far away.

Just curious what deal you signed up for?

• Could you provide an MTR to make sure your server location?

• @Morpheusxeno said: Whats the deal with selling 7-10 year old cpus

What the hell do you think you're gonna get for this money? Double Epycs? Xeon Gold's?

Fuck sake, some of you really need to lower your expectations already.

Thanked by 1hotlineservers

To be fair, the E3 series, while almost 10 years old (v1) at this point is still very capable. There aren't that many things you can't do well on an E3-1240v1 or similar. It's one of Intel's best platforms ever produced.

• @jbiloh said:

One with a 7-10 year old cpu apparently

@LeonDynamic said:

@jbiloh said:

I'd say the e3 is a perfectly functional workhorse these days. There aren't that many websites an e3 couldn't successfully host if well tuned.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @jbiloh said:

@LeonDynamic said:

@jbiloh said:

I'd say the e3 is a perfectly functional workhorse these days. There aren't that many websites an e3 couldn't successfully host if well tuned.

Absolutely agree. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an E3.

• @jbiloh said:

@LeonDynamic said:

@jbiloh said:

For your typical website even an X series would do just fine. Would hog up power but would do fine.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited November 2020

my Ramnode shared is powered by E3 (4c 8t) is blazing fast :-) nothing wrong with 10 year old CPU if tweaked right for using on trafficked-WP sites!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @Morpheusxeno said:

Whats the deal with people like yourself buying a 7-10yr old CPUs and then complaining that its a 7-10yr old CPU?

@Morpheusxeno said:
    I checked a few times with other places. It showed in FL on many websites.

You mean the IP wasn't geo-located properly? That does NOT mean that the server is in a different location.
    Although to be fair - out of the 7-8 servers I have gotten from RS - only one was properly geo-located (talking about the IP).

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2020

Wrong host. Ignore this claim.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2020

@stefeman said:
    The fact they ask for credit card front plus the backside to verify you in some situations tells you everything you need to know to avoid this host.

I'd rather even send my passport than my CC with CVC.

Edit: or was it knownhost? cant remember.. its been over a year now.

My understanding is they only do this for people providing questionable information during sign-up which they don't feel safe about accepting the order (they think it is fraud) yet give the customer another chance to verify it is actually them ordering.

In reality I think you were extended a kindness that not many other hosts would provide and then you come here to shit on them because they actually spent the time to try and work with you to verify and activate your account.

If you don't want to send them what is required to verify your self, that is fine, but that isn't something that you should hold against them or defame them for because you don't feel comfortable with providing it. In fact, you should be thanking them for even providing the opportunity to verify still as most hosts will just straight not reply or tell you to fuck off in those cases... sounds like you pissed away a good opportunity that most hosts won't even provide.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2020

If someone wants ur CVC cause you order from corporate account, it usually means he plans to go shopping with it :p hence why the process "failed" in the end. no way any of us agreed with the request.

It was knownhost so not related to this thread.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@TheLinuxBug said:
    My understanding is they only do this for people providing questionable information during sign-up which they don't feel safe about accepting the order (they think it is fraud) yet give the customer another chance to verify it is actually them ordering.

I'm not sure which host that refers to, but that isn't a practice any should be using. Only the front with the last four (rest suggested to be blacked out) is what I would consider a tolerable practice.