Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 42
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• @pbx said:

@cybersurfer said: invoices are valid only for one hour if unpaid

This is for the 'flash' deals: order with direct link, have 1 hour to pay. For the deals listed in the OP you'd have to open a ticket AND have funds in your account, the 1 hour to pay the invoice doesn't apply in this case, but why wait once you decided you'd click on the link to add funds in your account?

Okay. It that is the case then my bad for not understanding it. I thought it's for all.
    As I said I had already paid for two invoices,raised the ticket accordingly so no issue there.
    After raising the ticket I created another invoice thinking to buy other service but then changed the mind and left it unpaid. But since I attached CC for paying my first invoice, the unpaid invoice was charged without any heads up. Generally a bill due mail is sent but I didn't get any and was charged. That is my only issue. Nothing else. If you too think I am wrong here then I am.

• @hosthatch I haven't been able to get a confirmation of how much I owe since I'm doing storage plus enough chunks to do quarterly payment but also 3x the $60/yr NVMe (I thought I could do those quarterly along with the storage, but turns out I can't). I've got enough money deposited to cover if I was paying quarterly, but if I need to pay one part annually (the NVMe servers) and the other part quarterly (storage server + chunks) then I need more money deposited. However, I haven't been able to get confirmation yet if I should add additional funds, and if so how much. Now that I see the deadline was a while ago, I'm a bit afraid that I've missed it and now have some funds deposited, but not enough to cover what I wanted to buy which isn't a great place to be. I'm hesitant to deposit the rest of the money since you said all deposits are final. So if I really have missed the black Friday deal, then I don't want to deposit another ~$150 to my account and not get what I was after.

• @cybersurfer said: But since I attached CC for paying my first invoice, the unpaid invoice was charged

They could refund you if they decide to be nice as @hosthatch said in the past that credit isn't refundable. At worse, consider that you'll have funds on your account for next year, if @hosthatch is still around, which is likely.

• SkanderSkander Member
    edited November 2020

@hosthatch I'm sure y'all have your reasons, but I think adopting a typical order -> invoice model like the flash sales instead of manually adding funds -> ticket would probably make it a lot easier for you and the customers (who clearly have issues reading and following simple directions).

Thanks for putting up with the hassle of managing this though, it sounds like a headache :tired_face:

edit: I only bought through a flash sale this year, so I'm not personally complaining.

• @Skander said: I'm sure y'all have your reasons, but I think adopting a typical order -> invoice model like the flash sales instead of manually adding funds -> ticket would probably make it a lot easier for you and the customers (who clearly have issues reading and following simple directions).

This method seems to be good at filtering out the customers who have problems reading and following simple directions though ;)

• @Skander said:
    @hosthatch I'm sure y'all have your reasons, but I think adopting a typical order -> invoice model like the flash sales instead of manually adding funds -> ticket would probably make it a lot easier for you and the customers (who clearly have issues reading and following simple directions).

Thanks for putting up with the hassle of managing this though, it sounds like a headache :tired_face:

edit: I only bought through a flash sale this year, so I'm not personally complaining.

I assume their custom billing system isn't able to handle upgradable chunks and discounts like "NVMe in all 15 locations." But yes, it would definitely make things much easier, speaking as someone who didn't read the rules and attempted to change the order (shrug).

For the record, I re-opened the old ticket, paid up and expect all instances to be deployed. Patiently waiting for a fleet of amazing servers 😀

• @pbx said:

@cybersurfer said: But since I attached CC for paying my first invoice, the unpaid invoice was charged

They could refund you if they decide to be nice as @hosthatch said in the past that credit isn't refundable. At worse, consider that you'll have funds on your account for next year, if @hosthatch is still around, which is likely.

@pbx I don't want refund so I will keep it there itself. My only issue was the manner in which I was charged without any head up. They could have been more transparent regarding that so that first time users don't have any confusion.

Thanked by 3Snacho Osboss pbx
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2020

Personally I think the concept is flawed. Maybe creating some links for plans on opening post, and then provisioning slowly as provider thinks more options. This would have been much better, while also creating the hype of customers trying to grab more servers.

Another idea would be creating a number of preorders with a promise of provisioning in 1 or 2 weeks (like cociu did in HostSolutions so many times before). This way provider can grab other offers for Black Friday on dedicated or collocations, and deploy the storage VPS later for orders obtained today. The provider in such scenario can do business with customer's money, before they actually get their VPS service.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2020

guys - your feedback is appreciated and we will see how we can do better next time, but the problem with people not reading rules and trying to bend every little thing to squeeze the last drop of % benefit.....is human nature (not blaming anyone, maybe I would do the same thing if I was on the other side)

there's things we did not see coming (ie the credit adding delay) and that is obviously something that will be fixed in the coming days by our developer - and while the issue itself is annoying, there is no single customer that will lose any money because of that

also - someone mentioned earlier that we do not have LGs in Madrid and Milan because we might not have our kits there. Just to be clear - we do not take orders (even pre-orders) without having most of our stuff there already. We do not take or need promotion money to have enough cash to setup equipment.

The reason there are no LGs in those locations is simply because we haven't gotten around to announcing our IP ranges there yet and I do not want to create an LG on an IP that is not from our own IP space that we will end up announcing there, because routing might be different than our upstreams' IP addresses.

• Another sales coming?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@kyaky said:
    Another sales coming?

Yes, in 20 minutes.

Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • Is there a promotional purchase address for the event?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@thedp said:

@kyaky said:
    Another sales coming?

Yes, in 20 minutes.

Where the flash sales have been posted in this thread ?

• They will be posted in this thread.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@thedp said:

@kyaky said:
    Another sales coming?

Yes, in 20 minutes.

The 15th page, lazy brother.

Yes - ETA 23:20 CET. Most will probably be sold out within minutes, so please keep your F5 ready.

And - again - I know there will be people complaining and messaging me that they missed these for X reason, unfortunately we won't be able to make any exceptions.

Thanked by 3brueggus netfox user123
  • @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@thedp said:

@kyaky said:
    Another sales coming?

Yes, in 20 minutes.

https://nypost.com/

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • @hosthatch Could you give us a preview of what would be available?

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@thedp said:

@kyaky said:
    Another sales coming?

Yes, in 20 minutes.

Yes, this thread.

• @hosthatch said:
    Yes - ETA 23:20 CET. Most will probably be sold out within minutes, so please keep your F5 ready.

And - again - I know there will be people complaining and messaging me that they missed these for X reason, unfortunately we won't be able to make any exceptions.

Hello, the flash time is based on which country's time, please let me know, thank you!

@saibal said:
    @hosthatch Could you give us a preview of what would be available?

What would be the excitement in that?

@gxggpn said:
    Hello, the flash time is based on which country's time, please let me know, thank you!

https://time.is/CET

Thanked by 1gxggpn
  • @yordanssss said:

@benj0x said:

@yordanssss said:
    @hosthatch I would like to buy 14 (all locations) nvme vpses , so I need to deposit 210usd, correct?
    Hong Kong, Madrid and Milan will be provided later when they are available, right?
    Let me know so I can deposit the funds :)

Actually you would have to deposit 147 USD, since there's 30% off when you order it in all locations.

Oh, great news! I didn't read about this promo..Not sure whether the locations are 14 or 15... I will deposit 170 just in case. Thanks

Well, I'm sure you'll find another great deal where you could spend the rest - just in case.

A> @gxggpn said:

@hosthatch said:

"CET"

Thanked by 1gxggpn
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2020

Redacted - hosthatch beat me to it

@gxggpn said:

@hosthatch said:

Google "CET Time"

Thanked by 1gxggpn
  • @gxggpn said:

@hosthatch said:

https://time.is/CET -> Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin...

Thanked by 1gxggpn

@RedSox said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@thedp said:

@kyaky said:
    Another sales coming?

Yes, in 20 minutes.

The 15th page, lazy brother.

I wish I knew that before.

• @gxggpn said:

@hosthatch said:

Berlin time.

Thanked by 2gxggpn webcraft
  • so 10 mins from now right? it will be posted on this thread?

• @gxggpn said: Hello, the flash time is based on which country's time, please let me know, thank you!

Google "CET", it's a timezone.

Thanked by 1gxggpn