Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

digicube.fr updates their low-end lineup: AMD Zacate E-240 from 8 EUR! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

digicube.fr updates their low-end lineup: AMD Zacate E-240 from 8 EUR!

2»

Comments

• @rm_ said:
    (to be entirely clear, the servers linked in the first post are not ARM but the usual x86-64, and I am not sure how Snapdragon which is an entirely different thing, even came up to be discussed in this thread...)

I never said you were limited to windows embedded. I meant ARM ports in general.

• @jcaleb said:
    darknyan but it runs android right? maybe it can do linux, or perhaps netbsd?

pretty sure you could do all of that.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

earl said: I'm really tempted at the E-350, cpumark is 764 compared to the nano u2250 @ 377.. and the nano actually runs quite nice with proxmox..

What's also awesome about AMD Zacate, is that even the E-240 in the 8 EUR server supports virtualization. None of the cheap Atoms do, nor the Via U2250 does. But with this one you can use KVM and make a lot of small VPSes for yourself. Not to mention the 13.60 EUR one has a whopping 8 GB of RAM, so quite a lot can fit (if you do not need much CPU).

Thanked by 1earl
  • @rm_ said:
    What's also awesome about AMD Zacate, is that even the E-240 in the 8 EUR server supports virtualization. None of the cheap Atoms do, nor the Via U2250 does. But with this one you can use KVM and make a lot of small VPSes for yourself. Not to mention the 13.60 EUR one has a whopping 8 GB of RAM, so quite a lot can fit (if you do not need much CPU).

Their KVM cost 15€ for 1/2 day it seem

edited November 2013

rm_ said: use KVM and make a lot of small VPSes

johnlth93 said: Their KVM cost 15€ for 1/2 day it seem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel-based_Virtual_Machine

• placed an order, got redirected to payment site...entered CC details... got an sms from my bank that about 1euro had been taken from my CC and then got redirected to an error page on digicube. After that fail, logged in to my fresh digicube account and there's a message showing my order details with a message stating payment wasn't received. So sent them a message to find out next steps....

• These embedded boards are pretty cheap! I can imagine at the QTY Digicube buy, they probably get it even cheaper! probably ROI in 1 year or less..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157228
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138365

I wished they offered these celeron.. 17 watts with a cpu mark @ 1759

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135350

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Wow that is really cheap I paid some 100 Eur for mine (true, asus with passive cooling, pci and pcie-1x slots).
    However i got now one free because the fan dies and people wanted to throw it away :)

• is digicube good?

• @Maounique

Yeah, people are crazy.. I watch on youtube some of the stuff people find in their neighbors trash, like a macbook..

Some of the fans on these embeded system looks similar to the fans used in the old 486 days! lol

• @jcaleb said:
    is digicube good?

Not sure but some of the older review on WHT was not that great, one guy said setup took 21 days.. and I think cancelling a server maybe a bit of a challenge as well..

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Iv been a digicube customer for almost a year now.

They are a decent provider, the uptime and network is good and the online support is really friendly.

The email/ticket support is quite slow, thats true but i almost never need support from them so im happy.

Thanked by 2rm_ karjaj
  • got an email this morning saying that payment has now been taken....and an sms from my bank that the right amount was taken from my cc. Status of the order is "in delivery". This dedi is replacing the BHS annual special that expires in 3 days time...so hoping for a little overlap to migrate a mail server.

• just to add that my order is still "in delivery"....(and I was wrong before, my BHS dedi expires middle of next month)

• @craigb said:
    just to add that my order is still "in delivery"....(and I was wrong before, my BHS dedi expires middle of next month)

So it's been 4 days now?

• Yea sorry i mistook your post, but what i was saying is their KVMoIP will cost 15€ for half day ONLY (i asked them)

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • btw does anyone terminated their service before? I had one of their dedi for 1 week or so and i wanted to terminate after my paid 1 month is done.

But it seem that, termination is a mess. Might need physical mail or some sort anyone can confirm this?

• @johnlth93 said:
    btw does anyone terminated their service before? I had one of their dedi for 1 week or so and i wanted to terminate after my paid 1 month is done.

But it seem that, termination is a mess. Might need physical mail or some sort anyone can confirm this?

Yeah, someone mentioned that on WHT.. I'd be interested to know how cancellation works as well.

johnlth93 said: Yea sorry i mistook your post, but what i was saying is their KVMoIP will cost 15€ for half day ONLY (i asked them)

Well do they have a netboot rescue system? Everything can be solved/installed that way without the need for a KVMoIP at all, maybe just a bit more difficult if you don't have much experience with *nix systems.

• @earl yup, no indication or estimate when it will be provisioned :/

Thanked by 1earl
  • @rm_ said:
    Well do they have a netboot rescue system? Everything can be solved/installed that way without the need for a KVMoIP at all, maybe just a bit more difficult if you don't have much experience with *nix systems.

Ya i noticed that later that day. They got trk on netboot.

• Just to confirm, I have now received the server - installing now. The default installer language was French (Debian), so you need to back out to the main menu and change via 'Choose Language'...installing now

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • I wonder, will I have problem when using their services?? I only can speak english

• Quick benchmark:

$ wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  AMD E-350D APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  1600.109 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 7839 MB
    Total amount of swap : 15833 MB
    System uptime :   2:10,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 11.2MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 3.42MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 2.90MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.63MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL:
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 11.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.44MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 2.37MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 2.38MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 4.01MB/s
    I/O speed :  170 MB/s

# cpu flags
    flags       : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf pni monitor ssse3 cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch ibs skinit wdt arat hw_pstate npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save pausefilter

psycholyzern said: I wonder, will I have problem when using their services?? I only can speak english

@psycholyzern for the client interface at digicube, google translate is your friend...and for the dedi, you only need to switch language on the installer once and you'll be fine.

Thanked by 2earl karjaj
  • @craigb said:

@psycholyzern for the client interface at digicube, google translate is your friend...and for the dedi, you only need to switch language on the installer once and you'll be fine.

If I need to open a ticket?? can I use english??

• Yes, you can. :)

• My server with 2*500Gb, RAID 1:

# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : AMD E-350D APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics Number of cores : 2 CPU frequency : 1599.995 MHz Total amount of ram : 7711 MB Total amount of swap : 7809 MB System uptime : 3:12, Download speed from CacheFly: 11.3MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 9.73MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 9.52MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.84MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 11.0MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.79MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 7.79MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 7.29MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.2MB/s I/O speed : 42.7 MB/s

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Seems like a good dedi for file sharing