Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Webmail Client for Selfhosting Email?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Webmail Client for Selfhosting Email?

I've been looking to ditch Gmail for philosophical reason ... Trying to find a webmail client that is closest to the features that Gmail offers. Right now i'm using RoundCube, which is a big step up from many of the webmail clients of the past, but still is lacking something. Is there anything out there that is better? Preferably free, but I'm open to others as well.

Comments

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

RoundCube is pretty much the best I have used. Zimbra has a decent UI as well.

• I'm using Horde 5. Very happy with it.

• I like HastyMail2. Fast and lightweight.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

RainLoop

• I thought RainLoop was copied/based off another one wasn't it?

• iKeyZ said: I thought RainLoop was copied/based off another one wasn't it?

No, don't think so.

Rainloop is extremely good, but feature-limited compared to Roundcube.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited November 2013

I can't remember the one I used to use, but it used to look identical (apart from some small graphical changes) to RainLoop. (and it wasn't it)

I'll post it if I find it again.

Edit:

Found it: http://www.afterlogic.org/webmail-lite

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited November 2013

I currently use RainLoop Webmail locally (and when I'm at 'the go') to access my main e-mail running on my own dedicated mail server. I like it! The only downside to me personally is that it's written in PHP, I'd rather liked it to be in python.

• Afterlogic or roundcube is what I use

• If I have to: RoundCube.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited November 2013

@klpowell said:
    I've been looking to ditch Gmail for philosophical reason ... Trying to find a webmail client that is closest to the features that Gmail offers. Right now i'm using RoundCube, which is a big step up from many of the webmail clients of the past, but still is lacking something. Is there anything out there that is better? Preferably free, but I'm open to others as well.

RoundCube is one of the most full featured WebMail clients I have used, if you let us know what kind of features you're looking for perhaps we could point you in the right direction... You can checkout AtMail it's pretty nice too. RainLoop is kinda nice if you don't have mySQL running but it is quite limited compared to RoundCube.

• Host4Geeks said: Zimbra has a decent UI as well.

. . . it did until they messed it up. I suppose UI is subjective, though.

• Visually similar, but it requires a MySQL database. Ugh :)

• It's not self hosted but I use zoho with a custom domain, it's pretty good and it's AD free compared to outlook..

• I'm using Zoho too after ditching Google Apps.

• SquirrelMail! :D

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited November 2013

BuyCPanel_Kevin said: SquirrelMail! :D

That is WebMail for Nuts!!!!!! :-P

• roundcube

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

roundcube

and for those features which you are missing, use the plugins

• squirrelmail rocks!

• I'm a big fan of SquirrelMail.