Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disconnects and route issues with hostsolutions.ro VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Disconnects and route issues with hostsolutions.ro VPS

I recently purchased a storage VPS with hostolutions.ro. Generally, it meets my needs pretty well, but I have an issue with the ip end point appearing to change every 10-20 minutes or so. The ip appears to get routed to another host as the VPS will lose connectivity, SSH will drop and if I try to log back in, I'll be presented with a different public key. This makes me thing the ip is being routed to a different VPS temporarily. After 10-30 seconds or so, things go back to normal and I can log back in just fine.

I've filed a support ticket, but haven't heard back yet. Anyone know what might be going on?

Comments

• present but i can tell you only "hello" here the issue will be resolved via tiketing. Any way for what i see seems to be a duplicated ip ... but not sure until the guys will take a look. This was happened some month ago due of conflict with the old module...

• Oh no.

• @cociu said:
    present but i can tell you only "hello" here the issue will be resolved via tiketing. Any way for what i see seems to be a duplicated ip ... but not sure until the guys will take a look. This was happened some month ago due of conflict with the old module...

Thank you for the prompt response @cociu! I'll await an update on the ticket.

• @cociu one more thing. I put this in the ticket, but I suspect the issue has to do with a reimage I performed. The host came set up with centos despite me specifying debian 10. I didn't think much of it and requested a reinstall. Once debian was up and running, I started seeing the issue. That centos VPS might have not been fully deleted and could still be trying to come online. Just a hunch...

• You get what you pay for.

• You got what you paid for.

• I got more than what I paid for :)

• I'm still waiting on my ticket to get a response. No need to chastise me, I know what I paid for. Just posting it here in case others stumble across this thread.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@deelowe said:
    I'm still waiting on my ticket to get a response. No need to chastise me, I know what I paid for. Just posting it here in case others stumble across this thread.

Makes sense. Thanks for letting us know!