Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocation in Romania
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocation in Romania

alexgoldalexgold Member, Host Rep
edited November 2020 in General

Hi!
My name is Alex I am the owner of Eserv, the largest Game hosting company in Israel.

We have a partnership with a big global gaming organization, and as a part of the expansion, we need to set up servers in Romania.

Currently the requirements:
1U
1Gbps unmetered
Bulletproof DDoS Protection (Voxility)
350-400W

• after establishing, we will expand the number of servers.

It's important that the network will have a direct connection to Europe (Germany) and Good connectivity to Moldova.

email: [email protected]

Thanks,
Alex

Comments

• Does voxility not have issues dropping UDP (which is large amount of game) when attack as part of protection?

Thanked by 1pike
  • m247 ?

• @alexgold said: Bulletproof DDoS Protection (Voxility)

What?

Pretty sure they're still far from being bulletproof when it comes to gameservers and as far as I remember games such as CSGO had issues during a not so strong UDP attack but maybe they improved that lately.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2020

• handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

@cociu provides collocation in Romania. Haven't used it though.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2020

Voxility, if I may say so from experience, is absolute garbage when it comes to DDoS protection for games. The protection has to first recognize that there is an attack (people have already figured out how to remain under the detection threshold) and might take a few seconds to a minute for the mitigation to be activated.

That means that the players on the server are disconnected well before the attack is mitigated. Not to mention that having all of the traffic go through their remote filtering infrastructure first before reaching your servers will add latency. Since we're talking about game servers, I am not sure if that's the best solution.

I would honestly look for a provider that can supply you with an uplink that has inline DDoS protection, and preferably always-on to keep the impact time as low as possible. I have had good experience with A10's ThunderTPS and Corero's SmartWall myself.

We can also offer you colocation in our Amsterdam datacenter with inline, always-on DDoS protection for an absolutely great price with the specifications that you require. PM or e-mail me at [email protected] me if you're interested.

• @handyhost said:

Recently he was raided by the police and his routers turned off. It is very risky to collocate your equipment with such provider. Voxility is the only option in Romania regarding reliability.

Thanked by 1handyhost
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2020

@LTniger said:

@handyhost said:

Voxility is the only option in Romania regarding reliability.

And it's also reliable to be watched by corrupted authorities, to have all your traffic mirrored towards Romanian Intelligence Service, and to be disconnected during DDoS "protection".

Stop advertising corrupted services. In 2016 Voxility was also raided, and everything was done in one hour. They had a good lawyer and accepted traffic mirroring since that moment. Goodbye privacy with Voxility.

• @default said:

@LTniger said:

@handyhost said:

And it's also reliable to be watched by corrupted authorities, to have all your traffic mirrored towards Romanian Intelligence Service, and to be disconnected during DDoS "protection".

Stop advertising corrupted services. In 2016 Voxility was also raided, and everything was done in one hour. They had a good lawyer and accepted traffic mirroring since that moment. Goodbye privacy with Voxility.

So, what viable options is in Romania to collocate? cociu got raided and soon will succumb to RIS.

• @LTniger said: Recently he was raided by the police and his routers turned off. It is very risky to collocate your equipment with such provider. Voxility is the only option in Romania regarding reliability.

for your info :
    1)i am totaly agree with any raid until is not abuse.
    2) i am still online no ? this mean nothing against my company
    3) i never colaborate and i will never colaborate with any agency , in case i will be obligated i prefer to close the business . (and yes i have pressed in the last years but never accepted)
    4) you always have something against me so i think is something personal but dont forget i have many many customers content even we are not perfect
    5) for your info the client was contact me in watsupp even we had a call and i have delay him until after black friday for internal problems to avoid uncontent user , @alexgold can confirm was talked with Marius 1 week ago .

so ... calm down i think will be better.

• @LTniger said:

@default said:

@LTniger said:

@handyhost said:

So, what viable options is in Romania to collocate? cociu got raided and soon will succumb to RIS.

There is no option. It's just too corrupted. Why do you think big players haven't invested in creating data centers there? For example, a couple of years ago OVH was interested to create DCs in north-eastern part of Romania, and when they found how things are, they backed off immediately. Even Amazon was interested in city of Iasi, and they also quit. It's a very uncertain country for big long-term investments, because of corrupted rich politicians clinging to power by all means (including blackmail with citizen's private data).

Thanked by 1Levi
  • @cociu said:

@LTniger said: Recently he was raided by the police and his routers turned off. It is very risky to collocate your equipment with such provider. Voxility is the only option in Romania regarding reliability.

for your info :
    1)i am totaly agree with any raid until is not abuse.
    2) i am still online no ? this mean nothing against my company
    3) i never colaborate and i will never colaborate with any agency , in case i will be obligated i prefer to close the business . (and yes i have pressed in the last years but never accepted)
    4) you always have something against me so i think is something personal but dont forget i have many many customers content even we are not perfect
    5) for your info the client was contact me in watsupp even we had a call and i have delay him until after black friday for internal problems to avoid uncontent user , @alexgold can confirm was talked with Marius 1 week ago .

so ... calm down i think will be better.

I have nothing against you. I use your service! Juststating facts and discussing. Best of luck dealing with corruption.

• DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited November 2020

In Bucharest you could choose between M247, Voxility and NxData.

As for @cociu: you can certainly believe a statement about corruption in Romania. That is a well known thing. Without getting too political, you should try to read about a fire in a nightclub called Colectiv - or just last week, the fire at the ICU in Piatra Neamt.

Money talks in Romania. Still. I am not sure if that will ever change.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • alexgoldalexgold Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the suggestions!
    still looking.