Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In what country should I register my business? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

In what country should I register my business?

13»

Comments

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@Waqass said:
    Anyone having experience with Malta? I heard its very friendly with cryptos and many top exchanges have offices there. I would surely love to see if some one can quote expenses to register business in Malta.

You might even get a Malteese passport, and thus a European passport if you ask them nicely... https://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/artikel/2303295-paspoorthandel-schatrijke-buitenlanders-kopen-staatsburgerschap-op-malta.html

Thanked by 1Boogeyman
  • @CConner I think I will give it a shot. Looks promising to me as per your experience.

Thanked by 1CConner
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@CConner said:

@vfuse said:

@Clouvider said:

@CConner said:
    The Netherlands might also be interesting for you. We have some... interesting tax laws.
    Especially for internet businesses.

What to watch out for ?

WBSO is a good one to watch out for, it's pretty easy to apply. With WBSO you save on your income tax. The best thing is you can get access to innovation-box which changes corporate tax to 7%.

Yup. We're currently working on applying for the WSBO. I have also been accepted into the income tax credits for employees. Basically giving me a discount on the tax I have to pay when I pay employees, including myself.

Not to mention that me as a DGA (large stockholder), I can pay myself out in dividends if I already pay myself the minimum DGA salary (which you can get lowered to around 40k /year, which I also did). Dividends only have a 15% tax rate, meaning I can pay myself for cheap. The Dutch government even briefly talked about abolishing the tax altogether earlier this year.

Aside from The Netherlands being a very stable country, the systems that are in place to digitally interact with government services like the tax office aren't all that bad. I feel I have certainly not made the wrong decision by founding my company here.

Dividend tax effectively is 26,25% (15% in bv + 11.25% personal). You can't just pay yourself dividend instead of raising your salary if you have a solid profit numbers.

If you apply for WBSO don't use a consultant, it literally took me 2 hours to apply online. You'll save 1000's

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

@jtcx said:
    The needs of your company will determine which state makes the most sense, but either Wyoming or New Mexico are usually the best. New Mexico charges a $50 registration fee, and no annual fees after that. Only a single 2 page form is needed to register. You do not need to tell the state or federal government who owns or controls the company unless and until you open a bank account. In either case, absolutely nothing is made public. A good local agent can be had for as low as $25/year, and will receive official mail for the company.

75$ is not a bad deal. Can you refer me any agent or website.

edited November 2020

@vfuse said: Dividend tax effectively is 26,25% (15% in bv + 11.25% personal). You can't just pay yourself dividend instead of raising your salary if you have a solid profit numbers.

Of course. I was solely reasoning from the company's point of view. Still, a heck of a lot cheaper than paying yourself out normally in that tax bracket.

@vfuse said: If you apply for WBSO don't use a consultant, it literally took me 2 hours to apply online. You'll save 1000's

That is if you can get into the program, as there are a lot more submissions every year than that there are places. So they just pick x number of random submissions and then review whether they are following the guidelines of the program.

• @cspacews said: LHV? no thanks! They up next for the money laundering investigation pretty soon

Well. No.

https://news.err.ee/949260/finance-ministry-and-lhv-differ-on-e-residency-money-laundering-risk

It's actually funny that after that being said from LHV they actually let e-residents sign up easier than before. So I'm not sure what ball they are playing but they are not involved in the scandal. You gotta watch those Swedish banks for that "mishap".

• @serv_ee said:

@cspacews said: LHV? no thanks! They up next for the money laundering investigation pretty soon

Well. No.

https://news.err.ee/949260/finance-ministry-and-lhv-differ-on-e-residency-money-laundering-risk

It's actually funny that after that being said from LHV they actually let e-residents sign up easier than before. So I'm not sure what ball they are playing but they are not involved in the scandal. You gotta watch those Swedish banks for that "mishap".

Maybe someone Protect 'em....... https://www.facebook.com/meemimaag/photos/a.1371894366154324/1611730412170717/

• That makes no sense but okay.

Thanked by 1cspacews