Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm looking for a bulletproof provider in Europe - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm looking for a bulletproof provider in Europe

2»

Comments

• What is the general consensus about hosting controversial stuffs in Russia ? How about in small Asian countries like Indonesia or Vietnam ?

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited December 2020

@ninja1337 said:
    What is the general consensus about hosting controversial stuffs in Russia ? How about in small Asian countries like Indonesia or Vietnam ?

Afaik it always gets tricky if you want freedom of speech about the country you are hosting in. So rather not host political stuff against russia in russia. Apart from that, https://www.1984.is/ is quite known for freedom of speech hosting.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ninja1337 said:
    What is the general consensus about hosting controversial stuffs in Russia ? How about in small Asian countries like Indonesia or Vietnam ?

Write something about Putin or against Russia in any way and you'll get disappeared KGB style.

I get plenty of threats from the RU authorities that they'll nullroute customer IP's because they wrote something bad about them. I have no doubt its' 10x worse inside their borders.

Francisco

Thanked by 2webcraft sepei
  • @chrisp @Francisco No doubt talking shit Russia inside its border would be suicidal. But I mean US/EU political stuffs hosted in Russia / APAC.

@ninja1337 said: @chrisp @Francisco No doubt talking shit Russia inside its border would be suicidal. But I mean US/EU political stuffs hosted in Russia / APAC.

Sure, probably fine, but you can talk shit about the US inside the US as well.

I mean, any major media publication within the US has been doing it for 4 years and yet they're legally allowed to.

If it comes to political speech you'll have a hard time finding a better option than the states. Maybe Iceland is better, I'd have to check how they feel about shitting where you eat.

Francisco

Thanked by 1dominame
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited December 2020

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited December 2020

@Francisco said:

@ninja1337 said:

Write something about Putin or against Russia in any way and you'll get disappeared KGB style.

I get plenty of threats from the RU authorities that they'll nullroute customer IP's because they wrote something bad about them. I have no doubt its' 10x worse inside their borders.

On one of the sites I host even within Russia there are articles and comments even rudely criticizing Putin himself - and there were never any problems so far, no take-down requests, and no null routing.

Based on my experience I in fact recommend hosting in Russia for free speech, open discussion sites and the like, provided they are not grossly biased against Russia but generally unbiased.

I'm regularly and commonly seeing far more and tougher censorship on oh so democratic european sites.

Thanked by 20xbkt dominame

@jsg said:

@Francisco said:

@ninja1337 said:

On one of the sites I host even within Russia there are articles and comments even rudely criticizing Putin himself - and there were never any problems so far, no take-down requests, and no null routing.

Based on my experience I in fact recommend hosting in Russia for free speech, open discussion sites and the like, provided they are not grossly biased against Russia but generally unbiased.

I'm regularly and commonly seeing far more and tougher censorship on oh so democratic european sites.

It could just be you're lucky but I'm certain i'm not the only one that gets alerts from the RU agencies demanding sites be taken down that are critical of them or face a nullroute/blockage on the country border routers.

I have no doubt you're having that luck, I just wouldn't bank on it.
    Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
    edited December 2020

@Francisco said:
    It could just be you're lucky but I'm certain i'm not the only one that gets alerts from the RU agencies demanding sites be taken down that are critical of them or face a nullroute/blockage on the country border routers.

I have no doubt you're having that luck, I just wouldn't bank on it.
    Francisco

Maybe I'm just lucky and maybe the content your users host is more provoking or unacceptable for the russian authorities.

But be that as it may be, I came across ads from you saying that you really and honestly support free speech. Kudos for that!

@jsg said: But be that as it may be, I came across ads from you saying that you really and honestly support free speech. Kudos for that!

>

Did you know they're turning the frogs gay?

Francisco

Thanked by 1mikewazar
    edited December 2020

@Francisco said:

Sorry, but I'm afraid as a non native speaker I don't understand the meaning of that. I presume it's a joke. Care to explain?

(Btw, I came across that BuyVM ad again and I smiled. Thanks for taking a clear position on free speech in those weird times)

@jsg said:

@Francisco said:

Sorry, but I'm afraid as a non native speaker I don't understand the meaning of that. I presume it's a joke. Care to explain?

(Btw, I came across that BuyVM ad again and I smiled. Thanks for taking a clear position on free speech in those weird times)

Its an Alex Jones joke.

Given the place you saw the ad on i thought you would get the joke :P

Francisco

Thanked by 1jsg

@Francisco said:
    Its an Alex Jones joke.

Given the place you saw the ad on i thought you would get the joke :P

Nope, didn't get it, maybe because I virtually never watch that guy. But thanks for the explanatory hint.

• It's not a joke. Proven science - Atrazine does it to frogs and study was published in one, maybe two scientific journals. Big agro/chemo guys will say it's b*s1t of course.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2010/03/01/frogs/

• We need to know about bullet size, calibers and types you want to put in the hole so we can help you more.

Thanked by 1wdmg
  • @Unbelievable said:
    So on your first visit here you are looking for a place for your stolen content?

And? What is the problem? Do you have any problem? It can be for freedom of speech, because is bulletproof not mean, is always for criminal activity...

bpw.sc
    xor.sc
    cryptohost.is
    xuid.ru
    Koddos.net

• https://prq.se/ are known to be as bulletproof as possible, although they have been raided a few times since they constantly refuse to take down contents or give out their customer information. So if you by "bulletproof" means "will not give out your information" they are a good choice, but if you by "bulletproof" mean "will never go down", there are probably other options.
    Their biggest claim to fame is that they hosted the Pirate Bay for over a decade, until Swedish police literally rammed through the door and took every server in their DC.

• If you want bulletproof, you need to setup a fastflux / double flux hosting or rent one, but thats highly illegal.