Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GIVEAWAY] Subscribe to LowEndBox for a chance to win Free Raspberry Pis and More! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[GIVEAWAY] Subscribe to LowEndBox for a chance to win Free Raspberry Pis and More!

Comments

• confirmed

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Too bad they don’t ship any of the physical prizes to Canada but this still sound awesome!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • I'm in!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • The spam is real. Every single day...

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Yeah, I'm about to unsubscribe.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

It sends an email each time a post is made on LowEndBox.

Right now the plugin does not allow the user to select what type of notifications they get (for type of post categories) but the developers say they are working on it.

If you only want to receive emails when a new offer is made and not for any other type of post let me know your email and I will make the change on the admin backend. @ltniger @ben47955

Thanks!

Thanked by 1dustinc

And I am also tweaking up the email template so it looks and works better in more email apps.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @Edmond said:
    Too bad they don’t ship any of the physical prizes to Canada but this still sound awesome!

This is actually better. Many of us have 2-3 pi's doing shit all already and getting credit instead is actually useful to me.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • giveaway #freeraspberrypi #raspberrypi4 #netgearnighthawk #racknerd #raspberrypi #netgear #nighthawk

Thanked by 1dustinc

@jbiloh said:

@default said:
    @jbiloh - If I may ask, please configure to such email news in simple plain text format. It would be so much easier to read them on smartphone.

The current email template makes me zoom, and waste much more time to read it. With plain text, it would be up to device to decide the message display (smartphone, tablet, smartwatch) without zoom.

Do me a favor and pm me am image of what you're seeing and I'll take a look.

I just bought the upgraded email subscribers pro plugin for $300 last night with the plan to make the email templates a bit better.

The DMARC issue should now be resolved. Please let me know.

I am also working to tweak the templates now so they are a bit better and befitting 2020.

Thanked by 1default
  • @TimboJones said:

@Edmond said:
    Too bad they don’t ship any of the physical prizes to Canada but this still sound awesome!

This is actually better. Many of us have 2-3 pi's doing shit all already and getting credit instead is actually useful to me.

Same. I'm in Australia so also not eligible for physical prize, have a drawer full of idling SBC etc lol.. but.. the racknerd credit would actually be awesomely useful for me.

Thanked by 2dustinc TimboJones
  • Subscribed!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2020

It's good. Some people want credit, others want Raspberry Pi, but nobody here wants that Netgear router.

Because this is LET, here is an incentive to want that router too: it's compatible with OpenWRT. Now go ahead and Subscribe.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2020

I Subscribed. Why not?

However while this is a great idea to get new subscribers to what is effectively a marketing stream. Multiple emails per day of generic "A new post on..." emails?

Effective email marketing lists are best described by interesting subjects on a not that frequently (monthly, weekly at most). Emails like this are one way to ensure that no one sticks around long term - which I assume is the desired effect of this giveaway.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • It seems the mailing list offers nothing extra over the existing RSS feed, except there are no prizes on offer for monitoring RSS. In fact the mailshot version doesn't even contain a synopsis of the post(s).

The frequency of messages will likely become annoying for many, especially as this coincides with a recent uptick in posting frequency on LEB.

Thanked by 1dustinc

@SplitIce said:
    I Subscribed. Why not?

However while this is a great idea to get new subscribers to what is effectively a marketing stream. Multiple emails per day of generic "A new post on..." emails?

Effective email marketing lists are best described by interesting subjects on a not that frequently (monthly, weekly at most). Emails like this are one way to ensure that no one sticks around long term - which I assume is the desired effect of this giveaway.

The email about Trunkspace was sent in error (sorry about that).

We are tweaking the platform to provide more value.

@cochon said:
    It seems the mailing list offers nothing extra over the existing RSS feed, except there are no prizes on offer for monitoring RSS. In fact the mailshot version doesn't even contain a synopsis of the post(s).

The frequency of messages will likely become annoying for many, especially as this coincides with a recent uptick in posting frequency on LEB.

There will be some email only content soon. It's in the works.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jbiloh said: The email about Trunkspace was sent in error (sorry about that).

That was me hitting Publish instead of Schedule.

Though I immediately said "whoops" and unscheduled it...apparently the mailing list picks up Publish instantly.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@default said:
    It's good. Some people want credit, others want Raspberry Pi, but nobody here wants that Netgear router.

Because this is LET, here is an incentive to want that router too: it's compatible with OpenWRT. Now go ahead and Subscribe.

I like that! Someone is going to win the router, maybe if @HuntersPad gets it he'll destroy it on youtube?

Love your videos by the way @HuntersPad :)

• Done. Subscribed!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @dustinc said:

@default said:

I like that! Someone is going to win the router, maybe if @HuntersPad gets it he'll destroy it on youtube?

I understand that router has some bad reviews, but why would anyone destroy it?

Thanked by 1dustinc

@default said:

@dustinc said:

@default said:

I don't anticipate that the winner will unless it is @HuntersPad - his YouTube is oddly satisfying. Destruction of old and new items. Just because.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2020

@dustinc said:

@default said:

@dustinc said:

@default said:

I don't anticipate that the winner will unless it is @HuntersPad - his YouTube is oddly satisfying. Destruction of old and new items. Just because.

I do not like to destroy old computing power. I love taking old tech and try to reuse it. I loved using an old Pentium 1 with 24MB RAM as a linux-router until 2008.

As backup router (to replace my main in case of emergency) I still have a TP-Link WR740N router since 2012, with OperWRT installed.

I do not like throwing old technology, not while there is still "life" for it.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Done. Subscribed!👍

Thanked by 1dustinc

@Ming said:
    Done. Subscribed!👍

Good luck Ming :)

• Done.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Only 10 more days left, hope I can survive... :)

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Gave it a shot. Hope to get lucky on this one.

Thanked by 2mezoology dustinc
  • jhjh Member

entered

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Subscribed!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • nice. done

Thanked by 1dustinc