Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small managed vps... but... I need inbucket on it... and a domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small managed vps... but... I need inbucket on it... and a domain

Hi,

So as in the title I want a small managed vps with inbucket on it and I want someone that can also provide/let me register a domain name to use with it

Who can help me?

Thanks

Chip

Comments

• Show your budget and they will give you offers.

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Show your budget and they will give you offers.

I dunno what's reasonable I'm paying $40 per month to nexus bytes for a managed direct admin vps which includes sofatculous and backup space

I will pay a reasonable amount and the only reason I'm not asking nexus bytes is because I think there managed options have to have directadmin which I won't need

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited November 2020

Hey brother. Would have dropped you a pm, but never really used inbucket and Alex isn’t familiar with it either. From the glance of it, looks like more of a catch all/burner email solution I assume?

No frikking clue what is this supposed to be 🤷‍♂️

• @seriesn said:
    Hey brother. Would have dropped you a pm, but never really used inbucket and Alex isn’t familiar with it either. From the glance of it, looks like more of a catch all email solution I assume?

Hi Jay,

https://www.inbucket.org/

Seems to have a rpm installer for centos

Chip

• @chip said:

@seriesn said:
    Hey brother. Would have dropped you a pm, but never really used inbucket and Alex isn’t familiar with it either. From the glance of it, looks like more of a catch all email solution I assume?

Hi Jay,

Chip

Hiya,
    Yeah been reading about it. Not sure why you need this to be managed though? Installation seems pretty straight forward.

We can get the software installed, up and running for no extra cost, since you are a solid family member :). Which is never a problem anyway.

But if the software gets stuck somewhere, all of us will be scratching our head at the same time.

Thanked by 2dahartigan yoursunny
  • @seriesn said:

@chip said:

@seriesn said:

Hi Jay,

Chip

Hiya,
    Yeah been reading about it. Not sure why you need this to be managed though? Installation seems pretty straight forward.

We can get the software installed, up and running for no extra cost, since you are a solid family member :). Which is never a problem anyway.

But if the software gets stuck somewhere, all of us will be scratching our head at the same time.

I probably don't need it managed but I like a bit of hand holding.....If I can't get to something or don't understand it I can get a bit of help even if it is help with how to do it

Chip

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

We can do this @ $40/month. Drop me a DM for details.

• @chip said:

@seriesn said:

@chip said:

@seriesn said:

Hi Jay,

Chip

Hiya,

I probably don't need it managed but I like a bit of hand holding.....If I can't get to something or don't understand it I can get a bit of help even if it is help with how to do it

Chip

If we can figure out together, why bother spending money on managed for this? You know where to find me brother :). We will at the least learn together and possibly be able to guide you to the right direction ;). Save that $$

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @seriesn said:
    If we can figure out together, why bother spending money on managed for this? You know where to find me brother :). We will at the least learn together and possibly be able to guide you to the right direction ;). Save that $$

Thanks... i do Love you and your services... i've installed inbucket on a vps i have with you thats curently acting as a caching nameserver

thanks

chip

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @seriesn

i do have a question about adding mx records for subdomains in Direct Admin... how do i do it?

thanks

chip

• @chip said:
    @seriesn

i do have a question about adding mx records for subdomains in Direct Admin... how do i do it?

thanks

chip

Ahh!

IRC, DA doesn't support email hosting for subdomains. So the work around is:

Add the subdomain as a new domain.

Login -> Top right next to username, change access level to user -> Ensure you are on the right domain -> DNS Management

If someone wants to correct me, please do, because that above process is confusing for newbies.

Thanked by 2chip kkrajk