Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDOS-Guard Offline?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDOS-Guard Offline?

syk14syk14 Member
edited November 2020 in Outages

https://ddos-guard.net seems offline?

Sites they protect like fitgirl-repacks.site & anidex.info also seem offline. Anyone know what is going on currently?

Seems to only be down when connecting from US based connections. As soon as I turned on European VPN they all started working. I tried 3 US connections that were all offline. Strange.

Comments

• Works fine for me.

• From the us, working fine for me.

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited November 2020

The server at ddos-guard.net is taking too long to respond.

Canada

Turned on VPN in Germany (Hetzner) and it loads fine.

• Strange. Half the VPN locations I try work. The other half don't. Must be some kind of outage or routing issue. Thanks for the responses.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2020

Yes, DDoS-guard's LA pop's L7 filter appears to be offline, their Amsterdam and Hong Kong pops seem fine though. They use anycasting so that explains why things will work for some and not others.

Edit: things came back up at 23:13 GMT - they say it was caused by a carrier issue at their LA pop.

• @SpartanHost said:
    Yes, DDoS-guard's LA pop's L7 filter appears to be offline, their Amsterdam and Hong Kong pops seem fine though. They use anycasting so that explains why things will work for some and not others.

Edit: things came back up at 23:13 GMT - they say it was caused by a carrier issue at their LA pop.

Appreciate your knowledgeable response. This is the first downtime I've ever experienced with them in like 2 years so I was surprised. Glad they got it fixed so quickly. Mods can close this thread.