Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

direct admin hosting (That allows auto feed puller)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

direct admin hosting (That allows auto feed puller)

Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a new server to host my website on. After spending 5 years over at hostrippples they have finally kicked us to the curb... That however is not a bad thing as we had been wanting to move away from cPanel shared hosting and perhaps over to direct admin paneled shared hosting.

SO my question to you is this. Is there any affordable Direct admin shared hosting that would allow an auto feed puller to run on it?

Comments

• I'm sure you'll need to elaborate a little on your auto feed puller, your new host might appreciate your openness.

• @dahartigan said:
    I'm sure you'll need to elaborate a little on your auto feed puller, your new host might appreciate your openness.

basically its a gaming news website that pulls in feeds from all other gaming news sites. to have them isolated in one place. so it just pulls in however many articles we tell it to per every time limit we set.

• @ItsAsylum said:

@dahartigan said:
    I'm sure you'll need to elaborate a little on your auto feed puller, your new host might appreciate your openness.

basically its a gaming news website that pulls in feeds from all other gaming news sites. to have them isolated in one place. so it just pulls in however many articles we tell it to per every time limit we set.

It sounds like your previous host wasn't happy with that, did they say why? (eg used too much CPU, too many complaints, etc?) It's best to get the expectation set upfront, that way you and your new host can relax :)

• @dahartigan said:

@ItsAsylum said:

@dahartigan said:

It sounds like your previous host wasn't happy with that, did they say why? (eg used too much CPU, too many complaints, etc?) It's best to get the expectation set upfront, that way you and your new host can relax :)

Based off of what we know the site had just outgrew the plan it was on. So basically Bandwidth was just getting blasted by traffic plus the feed coming in.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • BuyShared Reseller has unmetered bandwidth I believe, and the LV location has Ryzen and NVMe.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • I can vouch for @Francisco shared plans. Been using them (both cPanel shared and DA reseller) for a while now and they are super great value. Support is fast and helpful as always. They even activated Composer on all shared plans when I asked them if they were compatible with it.

Though you might want to give him more details about your project, a VPS might be better suited for it. Hell, even DA licenses are included on BuyVM plans if you really need it!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @ItsAsylum said: Based off of what we know the site had just outgrew the plan it was on. So basically Bandwidth was just getting blasted by traffic plus the feed coming in.

Not shared but a slice off BuyVM + free directadmin that he provides.

• I think OP is referring to RSS aggregator. Such plugins are resource hog (CPU, RAM, IO). I suggest getting a VPS with free directadmin.

Some providers that I know

• nexusbytes.com
    • buyvm.net

If you cant managed your own VPS you will need managed hosting.
    And Managed VPS are not cheap. You can take a look knownhost.com

Another way is getting cloudways if you want cheaper option but they dont have filemanager if thats what you need on a control panel.

Another option is getting a cheap VPS here and get runcloud.io or moss.sh

Note: Moss.sh plans to continue and is under negotiation to be acquired.

Thanked by 2lokuzard ViridWeb
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@ItsAsylum said:

@dahartigan said:

@ItsAsylum said:

@dahartigan said:

Based off of what we know the site had just outgrew the plan it was on. So basically Bandwidth was just getting blasted by traffic plus the feed coming in.

I would recommend you to get a Dedicated server or VPS instead..

Shared hosting is not suitable for your need

• @cazrz said: Note: Moss.sh plans to continue and is under negotiation to be acquired.

moss.sh site looks interesting design wise and the way they present it.

• @cazrz said:
    I think OP is referring to RSS aggregator. Such plugins are resource hog (CPU, RAM, IO). I suggest getting a VPS with free directadmin.

Some providers that I know

• nexusbytes.com
    • buyvm.net

If you cant managed your own VPS you will need managed hosting.
    And Managed VPS are not cheap. You can take a look knownhost.com

Another way is getting cloudways if you want cheaper option but they dont have filemanager if thats what you need on a control panel.

Another option is getting a cheap VPS here and get runcloud.io or moss.sh

Note: Moss.sh plans to continue and is under negotiation to be acquired.

Yes exactly, we moved to wordpress automatic recently. that's what we were using to pull feeds in.

I'll take a look into what you suggested, thank you.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

We will allow it on our shared hosting (monthly plans), you’d have to spend a minimum of our Shared Medium plan, though.

Link: https://console.geeksolutions.ca/index.php?/cart/shared-hosting/

Activation is instant after payment assuming no fraud alarms get triggered.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited November 2020

@ItsAsylum a VPS(slice) from buyvm will be enough for your feed puller site. One of my friend is hosting similar feed puller (a plugin with WP) on buyvm's 1024 slice costing around $3.50 or $4/mo. with free control panel. I myself worked on his WP site and with new AMD Ryzen high clock CPUs, and unmetered bandwidth, the WP site with decent amount of traffic is running good over there. I migrated it from hostmantis shared to this VM.

So i will recommend getting a Vps instead of shared (as you'll hit 1 shared CPU instantly) if you are pulling (too many GET requests) compiling feeds and then turning them into php-driven webpages.

Getting a VPS is just $1 or $1.5 per month extra than shared, but you'll have peace of mind, PLUS enough room to improve/upgrade resources)

• VitalyVitaly Member, Host Rep

Hello,
    We offer DirectAdmin hosting, you can you can take free trial period 14 days,
    and choose economy or optimal hosting plan.
    Php version selector and modules.
    https://justhost.ru/hosting/
    all prices are actual.

auto feed puller

why it should to forbidden ? 🤔🤔🤔