Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any experience on OneProvider my guys?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any experience on OneProvider my guys?

valkvalk Member
edited November 2020 in Help

So basically I wanna buy a cheap dedi (especially the Atom one) and OneProvider kinda fits my requirements, but I have seen some bad reviews on trustpilot and blah blah, anyway I'm just asking if who has a server on there and what's your experience with the provider?

Thank you much.

Comments

• With atom chip. You can buy it from Scaleway

• @th3r00t said:
    With atom chip. You can buy it from Scaleway

Scaleway doesn't want to send the SMS verification code...

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited November 2020

No experience with OneProvider but my last Atom was from Kimsufi.

Thanked by 1valk
  • If you know how to properly manage your own server, and if you don't run into hardware/network problems (requiring the Oneprov staff to contact the server providers), there's nothing particularly wrong with that reseller.

• @Shot2 said:
    If you know how to properly manage your own server, and if you don't run into hardware/network problems (requiring the Oneprov staff to contact the server providers), there's nothing particularly wrong with that reseller.

Ik how to manage a server, but what I'm talking about is their performance, bandwidth, the delivery time (given that the reviews are mostly complaining about that)

• Good. Not so special, but good. I had a server with them, it was provided in about an hour (wasn't on their offer, but still 1 in stock). The performance was ok. For an Atom ... Ok. Better than a VM, definitely.

Thanked by 1valk
  • I've never had any real problems with them, but granted i've probably only had a server from them for a total of 6-8 months combined (different models for a varying time). From what I've gathered, if you use a lot of BW on the unmetered/fair use models, they will limit your port to 100Mbps. I've also read that they do sometimes have a bit of a poor customer service experience and wait times for answers to tickets can be quite high. One time I had a shitty drive in a server they did take about a week to change it, but it was a super cheap server so it was no biggy.

Thanked by 1valk
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited November 2020

@valk said:

@Shot2 said:
    If you know how to properly manage your own server, and if you don't run into hardware/network problems (requiring the Oneprov staff to contact the server providers), there's nothing particularly wrong with that reseller.

Ik how to manage a server, but what I'm talking about is their performance, bandwidth, the delivery time (given that the reviews are mostly complaining about that)

They resell stuff (mostly), so performance and specs depends on what you order. Delivery time is between instant and 2-3 days if you're very unlucky.
    If by "atom" you refer to the cheap Avotons C2338/C2350 in Paris/Amsterdam, they are just servers by Online.net. Read the Online TOS and feedback about them...

Thanked by 1valk
  • Scaleway Dedibox... Wow

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2020

My experience was mediocre. Not really bad (but their support was really ignorant and poor) but not really good or even just decent neither.
    I wouldn't exclude to buy again from them but it needed to be a very very attractive product and price.

TL;DR Not a no-go but one should try hard to find some product elsewhere, e.g. at the real provider behind oneprovider.

Thanked by 1valk
  • OneProvider in Paris is just reselling Scaleway Dedibox servers.
    Pretty nice deal, and no issue with server, but OneProvider support is so slow.

• I got one server from them. 100% uptime excluding manual reboots and some configuring stuff. Supports are friendly too.

• I have a bad experience: I have a server at the Paris location (online) and had network troubles all along (the network as such is good, but to locations to the US for example I seldom have upload speeds above 5 Mbps ! sometimes even as low as < 1 Mbs). Support tickets take long to reply, and when you get an answer they contacted online.net and you will never hear anything, then they change the server (wrong server with lowers specs BTW ) or do something other wrong ... everytime you'll need to way for hours or days to get a useless reply. Finally I had my server being switched to a new one for 4 times: still the same problem ... and no (partial) refund possible (stupid: I paid a year in advance).

• I have 2 servers with one provider and 1 of them is an Atom server. No problems here but however the bandwidth is not always at 1gbps

Thanked by 2lovelyserver valk
  • Had no problem with them, and support was slower than when dealing directly with online.net (always fast from my experience) but still OK.

Thanked by 1valk
  • Wow Scaleway won't let me order anything... So Oneprovider is my option now

• I got a cheap Paris dedi since the price was less than Scaleway with no setup fee. So far I've been happy with it. Performance isn't amazing, but uptime has been good and customer service was alright.

Thanked by 1valk
  • @valk said:
    Wow Scaleway won't let me order anything... So Oneprovider is my option now

Is there any chance that you are in China? VPN?

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2020

One provider of our long-term partners. So far so good looking from a partner's side. They have very good Atom deals from online.net/Scaleway.

Thanked by 1valk
  • @valk said:

Already experienced this issue, reach our Scaleway Dedibox assistance team, they will have a look at your account, and authorize command.

• @LTniger said:

@valk said:

Is there any chance that you are in China? VPN?

Nope, Poland.

• @Tejy said:

@valk said:

Already experienced this issue, reach our Scaleway Dedibox assistance team, they will have a look at your account, and authorize command.

Yep they haven't answered anything yet

• i have one atom server from oneprovider is working great you have to wait 2-3 days to activate but is fine...

Thanked by 1valk
  • I have had an ATOM and an i3 server and it works as expected. For support don’t expect fast response or any technical help.

Kimsufi are not any better with response time but with hardware failures they are on the ball.

Thanked by 1valk
  • Ah yes guys

• @valk said:

@Tejy said:

@valk said:

Yep they haven't answered anything yet

That's weird. They answer in less than 1 hour aprox.

• My experience with OneProvider is decent. I have an AMS Online.net server and it is rock solid, but OneProvider support is quite slow at times. And /64 IPv6 on Online.net servers, no /48 or /56.

• @Pixels said:
    My experience with OneProvider is decent. I have an AMS Online.net server and it is rock solid, but OneProvider support is quite slow at times. And /64 IPv6 on Online.net servers, no /48 or /56.

/48 is the allocation per customer at Online, I guess you could try asking OneProv for a /56 (maybe with justification)

• @Shot2 said:

@Pixels said:
    My experience with OneProvider is decent. I have an AMS Online.net server and it is rock solid, but OneProvider support is quite slow at times. And /64 IPv6 on Online.net servers, no /48 or /56.

/48 is the allocation per customer at Online, I guess you could try asking OneProv for a /56 (maybe with justification)

Yes, I am aware of this. If I recall correctly, when I asked if I could have a bigger block allocation size they said only /64 for now. I can live with it, though.