Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advise on buying VPN Unlimited subscription
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Advise on buying VPN Unlimited subscription

voxinvoxin Member
edited November 2020 in Requests

I am looking to buy lifetime subscription offer from VPN unlimited as i have seen a few people on LET recommending it.

but I have a few questions.
1. Are they trustworthy to keep my browsing data secure and private ?.
2. Do you think they will be able to provide me with lifetime access as they are promising ?.

Do you trust VPN Unlimited
  1. Do you trust VPN Unlimited ?.30 votes
    1. YES
      23.33%
    2. NO
      76.67%

Comments

• Almost all. VPN providers promise no log policy but there is no way you would be sure that they comply with it.

Thanked by 2voxin Ympker
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@voxin said: > 1. Are they trustworthy to keep my browsing data secure and private ?.

As @TheKiller mentioned, generally VPN providers do promise no-log policy or else no one would want them :joy:

@voxin said: 2. Do you think they will be able to provide me with lifetime access as they are promising ?.

Oh yeah they'll definitely provide you with lifetime access, but throughout their (company) lifetime, not yours :)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2020

@TheKiller said:
    Almost all. VPN providers promise no log policy but there is no way you would be sure that they comply with it.

This. FWIW I trust them to be one of the more decent VPN providers.

About lifetime: I have been with them for years and seeing no expiry on my "lifetime deal" in the dashboard makes me assume they are going to honor this throughout their company lifetime. That's all you can ask for imho.

Check my signature for more info :)
    You are definitely not the first LE member to go with VPNUnlimited.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@voxin said:

No. No VPN provider can be trusted. You can create a solution though where you need way less trust in any particular provider anyway

1. Do you think they will be able to provide me with lifetime access as they are promising ?.

Who can really guarantee that? Nobody can see the future. But it seems that some providers at least have the serious intention to honor their promises.

Btw, your browsing data are quite private and secure at least against easy snooping (as you use https), it's the metadata you should be worried about.

• I bought the unlimited Lifetime aloonngg time ago. Still works. Actually, it's been the best in terms of speed and availability, and believe me, I've tried most of them.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @voxin said: 1. Are they trustworthy to keep my browsing data secure and private ?.

No one is. I personally only use VPNs when I'm using a public hotspot. Even the monthly paid ones. Even if they really don't keep any logs, it doesn't prevent anyone from hacking into the VPN provider's server

@voxin said: 2. Do you think they will be able to provide me with lifetime access as they are promising ?.

Their lifetime? Probably. Your lifetime? Depends.

TBH, their lifetime pricing is cheaper than most of the yearly VPNs out there, so if you use it more than a year, you probably didn't loose any money. Compared to other lifetime VPNs, I do believe they would be in the longer-lasting side.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • https://one.one.one.one/ warp vpn by cloudflare is free and fast..

• @voxin said:
    I am looking to buy lifetime subscription offer from VPN unlimited as i have seen a few people on LET recommending it.

No, if you want secure and private, search for opensource vpn and audited vpn. For extreme route, go dig article which vpn company server has been seized and fighting in the court, if they don't log anything, ofc they are not afraid and win the court.
    For me, secure and private only mullvad, ivpn, proton. For speed, nord and express

1. Do you think they will be able to provide me with lifetime access as they are promising ?.

Lifetime doesn't mean till the end of your life, but lifetime of the company itself, if the company shutdown tomorrow, your lifetime access expired tomorrow.
    From my experience of sailing over the sea searching for one pie....
    These company operated by selling your data to advertisers, and from new member subscriptions, if the new member stopped at some point, and advertisers is decreasing, they have funds issues, there's a huge change the company will shutdown. Atm, it's spreading from mouth to mouth marketing to boost the new member to prolong it's lifespan. We all know operating server and bandwith cost a lot, if you don't buy the product, you are the product itself.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Quick addition: Forget "lifetime". Simply assume the lifetime price is for a reasonably realistic period like 3 or 5 years and decide based on that. Based on my observations most lifetime offers actually are good deals even if they would work only for 3 to 5 years.

Well, they are based in the USA so, you know that it means.
    They do log some data, comparison can be found here https://thatoneprivacysite.net/#detailed-vpn-comparison

For a lifetime its should be the company lifetime, not yours.

And tbh, I use VPN just for unblocking some sites & just for masking my location ( so I can get other country content/promo limited to some region ). Currently, I'm using NordVPN, Windscribe, and Ivacy.