Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta test and break my docker hosting service - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beta test and break my docker hosting service

2»

Comments

• @daxterfellowes said:
    Is the prod site bandwidth pricing for egress transit the planned final release for GA pricing?

Yes but I'm open to any feedback on the pricing as well. Ideally my service could replace a CDN provider for some people by deploying an nginx container

• We released a few updates since the last time:

• /cache is now mounted on every application for caching temp files and persist them between deployments for better performance
    • All applications including TCP, UDP and HTTP will now be getting real user IPs. No need to use proxy protocol or even x-forwarded-for if you don't use a CDN on top
    • Fixed private registries
    • HTTPS port type is going to be removed soon as part of HTTPS logic change. HTTPS won't work for now at all.
    • Improved limitations for applications to avoid heavy load resulting in a unresponsive cluster. fork bombs should be defused completely now.
    • Better metrics and more data points
    • Better deployment logs
    • Added demo mode. When deploying a new cluster you can click on the "Demo" button and it will pre-fill the next pages with info to deploy a nice demo/debug like this one http://edge-demo-8cea2d.akri.io/
    • Added special ENV VARs with metadata about the node itself like region, IP and so on. https://learn.appfleet.com/en/articles/4661370-metadata-and-environment-variables
    • Switched anti-abuse to maxmind. So report any problems during registration please so I could fine tune the rules.

Still not ready:

• Free SSL
    • Healthchecks
    • Billing
    • Mobile optimizations

Some users also gave us lots of interesting feedback for improvements, we added them to our roadmap. More feedback and ideas are welcomed!

Thanked by 1ferri
  • @jimaek Hey it seems that the form doesn't accept my email (.space domain)

• @valk said:
    @jimaek Hey it seems that the form doesn't accept my email (.space domain)

We are not blocking any tlds, could you please PM me your full email ?

• New updates:

• Free and automated HTTPS is live (auto port replacing will come soon)
    • Mobile optimizations
    • Fixed many edge cases

All feedback is appreciated! Let me know features you are missing as well.