Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mailchannels inbound price? are my eyes deceiving me?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mailchannels inbound price? are my eyes deceiving me?

I'm wondering if its a web bug? I was just checking https://www.mailchannels.com/pricing/

Its only 20 dollars for 26 domains? That seems unbelievable to me.

Comments

• They have a FUP for reasonable amount of emails per domain and/or basket of domains. Besides, inbound must be substantially easier to do than outbound.

• I believe the price only for inbound filtering..

• Cloudflare app have free quota of mailchannel inbound filter

Thanked by 1Abd
  • interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

Inbound filtering is much easier to do. Scan and forward.
    Outbound is difficult because you need to have a reputation and keep it. Requires a lot more maintenance and monitoring.

• I get that but they're so much cheaper then others out there like spamexpert which I think is the best one and best value. I wonder how good their console is for inbound mail. Spamexpert has some really good functions. I checked CF free mailchannel but thats only for 5 users.

• The price isn’t a bug. Our cloud offers incredible economies of scale and we are happy to pass this on to customers.

• hi, thanks for responding. I saw your trial request so I'll try that. I was wondering if you guys got features like blacklist, whitelist, importing of whitelisted domains via csv file, quarantining and how long you keep the emails on your server (in case the server is disabled)? a few days?

• @mc_ksimpson said:
    The price isn’t a bug. Our cloud offers incredible economies of scale and we are happy to pass this on to customers.

But then again, we have SpamExperts as an alternative which costs a fraction of the cost of MailChannels inbound - like if we take 1000 domains, the price works out $300-350+ cheaper per month at SpamExperts than MailChannels.

For a "low" number of domains, the pricing is completely fair, but the economics of scale doesn't really seem to be there from a customer perspective requiring a larger number of domains.

• Hi Zerpy, I checked inbound for MC for 1000 and its 507 usd. So just to confirm, you're only paying around 150-200 usd a month for 1000 domains at SpamExperts? Thats an amazing price.

• @darvil said:
    Hi Zerpy, I checked inbound for MC for 1000 and its 507 usd. So just to confirm, you're only paying around 150-200 usd a month for 1000 domains at SpamExperts? Thats an amazing price.

Well that's standard pricing from SpamExperts. Nothing special - the license is 117 USD per month (€100), and then you can get larger VMs or cheap dedis for the actual filtering servers.

It's "on-prem", but since they manage everything anyway, it just feels like a hosted solution anyway 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks zerpy, is the price still resonable at like 300 or 500 domains? Or does it have to be a certain amount before you are allowed to go "on-prem"?

• @darvil said:
    hi, thanks for responding. I saw your trial request so I'll try that. I was wondering if you guys got features like blacklist, whitelist, importing of whitelisted domains via csv file, quarantining and how long you keep the emails on your server (in case the server is disabled)? a few days?

Yes, you can upload domains via CSV or using an API. We have a quarantine with a one-click release feature that does not require the end-user to log in (very handy). We queue for the standard five days in case the customer's server is down. The cPanel integration is really nicely done too.

All this being said, we are still learning and appreciate feedback from customers - including on price and especially pricing at the low end. As a company, we have tended to be more geared towards larger hosting providers, but we still try to find ways to help out the little hosts whose needs are often much different.

• @darvil said:
    Thanks zerpy, is the price still resonable at like 300 or 500 domains? Or does it have to be a certain amount before you are allowed to go "on-prem"?

I believe the lowest you can go on-prem is 250 domains - the pricing scales obviously based on volume, since the number of domains in fact does not really increase the actual costs of running the service (to a large extend), so you won't see a 1/4 of the price for 250 compared to 1000 :) There's always a "base price".

• @darvil said:
    Thanks zerpy, is the price still resonable at like 300 or 500 domains? Or does it have to be a certain amount before you are allowed to go "on-prem"?

It's just an unlimited domains license, as far as I can tell. Assuming a cheap Hetzner/NetCup machine will be enough for 500 domains (don't see why not), the total cost will be roughly 150 dollars (.3 dollars per domain).