Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel - Seems like price increase is not the only thing! they want more money for more features - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel - Seems like price increase is not the only thing! they want more money for more features

2»

Comments

• Ah I see, I believe you can also do this via Softaculous however I've never used this function personally. I know the back-up function is popular amongst our clients though. For staging I personally just use the Duplicator plugin by Snap Creek. I believe they also have a API you can use to integrate directly into cPanel.

I didnt see the staging function on Softaculous tbh. would be nice tho.
    also, Duplicator is nice for migirating from differant hosts, yes, but too much clicking comparing to WP Toolkit in creating an on-host 'dev environment'.

• @Jona4s said:
    How about you stop sucking the nipple of PHP. Haven't you done enough nipple sucking.

Learn to code with a real language, not PHP, not a graphical crap called cPanel.

just compile your server and run nohup ./yourbinary > /dev/null 2>&1 &,

@Jona4s said:
    How about you stop sucking the nipple of PHP. Haven't you done enough nipple sucking.

Learn to code with a real language, not PHP, not a graphical crap called cPanel.

just compile your server and run nohup ./yourbinary > /dev/null 2>&1 &,

Wait? It was nipples that I should have sucked? God damnit. Have been doing it wrong all the time.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • I want CL guys to make a control panel, Igor has experience from hsphere. I don't know why they are not doing this.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

WP Toolkit is pretty good, but definitely not aimed towards any of the hosts who frequent this forum (or at least, the product lines for this forum).

My understanding is its for more hand-holdy hosts where all of their customers are using WordPress anyway and it makes it easy to just mass update etc. I used to run my main web server on Plesk and it worked nicely for the few sites on WP I had to babysit.

Back on cPanel now though... per-account pricing or not it's just less of a pain in the ass, my time is worth more than a few quid, for the amount of accounts I use I'd save nothing moving to DA.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

For some reason I have a feeling that Oakley Capital is going to be selling cPanel here soon. They are just trying to get as much cash from it as possible before dumping it. "pump and dump"
    However by then the cPanel model/image will be so broken who knows if it will be able to recover. I've seen things like this happen in the big corporate world.

Thanked by 1zane_