Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on turning the IPv6-only EUserv VS2-free VServer to a 'fully IPv4' one
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Advice on turning the IPv6-only EUserv VS2-free VServer to a 'fully IPv4' one

EUserv provides a free VPS plan called 'VS2-free'. However, that's IPv6-only and you can't reach it if you're on an IPv4-only computer. IPv4-only resources aren't reachable for the server too. Here're some suggestions for reaching it without IPv6.
❤How to connect to SSH of the VPS
The server is IPv6-only and you can't login to Secure Shell if your computer isn't IPv6-supported.
👉Way 1(Suggested): Use the web-SSH portal https://console.heyterm.com/ to connect it. It's really a great service and I've put most of my servers on it. (Choose the region Japan or France, which support IPv6.)
👉Way 2(Suggested): Use the SSH Portal in the Panel after you install a Linux VPS Panel including a web SSH Portal in it like AAPanel.
👉Way 3: If you have another VPS which is both IPv4-supported and IPv6-supported, run $ ssh -p 22 root@IPv6Address on it.
👉Way 4: Use Cloudflare Plesk if you have a Plesk subscription.
👉Way 5(Not Suggested, because some actions aren't allowed in it): Use Tools>>Webconsole in EUserv Kundencenter(https://support.euserv.com/index.iphp).
❤How will IPv4-only resources be reachable for the server
Now you can reach the SSH portal of the server now. But you still can't run most of the services on it (Even Github is unreachable!), because the VServer is IPv6-only and can't visit IPv4-only sites.
Now, do this and the server will be able to reach IPv4-only sites (The changed NS will turn them to IPv6-sites automatically.):
$ echo -e “nameserver 2001:67c:2b0::4\nnameserver 2001:67c:2b0::6” > /etc/resolv.conf
👉If the NS server isn't edited automatically by this command, change the file /etc/resolv.conf yourself.
❤How to visit the site for IPv4-only visitors
The IPv6-only Server can visit IPv4-only resources now, but IPv4-only visitors can't visit sites on your IPv6-only Server at this time.
It's easy to solve. Just proxy your server on CloudFlare.
👉If you've installed a Panel, remember to change your Panel port to 8080(Suggested), 8880, 2052, 2082, 2086 or 2095.That's because CloudFlare FREE will only proxy Port 80, 8080, 8880, 2052, 2082, 2086 and 2095 for HTTP and Port 443,2053,2083,2087,2096 and 8443 for HTTPS.
Your IPv6-only VS2-free server is totally IPv4-supported now!

I hope you will think my post useful and my method works well on you.

Thanked by 2farsighter UKCC1

Comments