Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you think about mandatory ID verification for domain/hosting account? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you think about mandatory ID verification for domain/hosting account?

2»

Comments

• I don't see many good points for mandatory. Customers could use fake/photoshoped ID/PP card, and small providers seem accept that deal because it will take many time, resouce & effort for verifing detail in any customer.

• John_MJohn_M Member, Patron Provider

I understand the fact that we want to prevent bad behaviors and get the criminals out of the cyber world so that there will be less victims, however, at the same time it kills the privilege of freedom of speech when the evils controls the government. Will you still have the courage to state the truth if you know someone will come after you sooner or later?

• @John_M said:
    I understand the fact that we want to prevent bad behaviors and get the criminals out of the cyber world so that there will be less victims, however, at the same time it kills the privilege of freedom of speech when the evils controls the government. Will you still have the courage to state the truth if you know someone will come after you sooner or later?

If the government is controlled by the evils, then there's a bigger problem than the imaginary loss of freedom of speech.

• @raindog308 said:
    LOL...that would be an identity theft fest.

No way I'm sending my ID to any provider. You think the average LET host has the infrastructure to properly handle this kind of PII?

The trouble of handling european ID cards is much higher than the trouble of ignoring KYC i would say.
    Every eu country does have some slightly different strange laws how to handle them and most of the time it is illegal to ask customers for a copy of it in the first place.

So maybe we will see at the start some providers who want that info but after they got sued that will end i guess.

• It's great to know that the majority here aren't brainless and LET is not hopeless.

Thanked by 2that_guy zenki
  • John_MJohn_M Member, Patron Provider

I totally agree!.