Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installatron VS Softaculous
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Installatron VS Softaculous

ztecztec Member
edited November 2013 in General

I've always been a big fan of softaculous and I'm currently using it on all my servers.
But recently I've compared all the script installers again and it looks like Installatron has been pretty busy.

Who do you guys think is the best script installer of them two?

P.s. Anyone offering cheap installatron licenses to live test it?

Installatron or Softaculous?
  1. Which one would you use?43 votes
    1. Installatron
      18.60%
    2. Softaculous
      81.40%

Comments

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

We use Installatron on 2 dozen servers since past 5 years. We moved to it from Fantastico. After the introduction of Softaculous, they have really caught up and made it as good.

• I am not sure about about Installatron ,but softacoulous servers my purpose.cheap and they update faster so I prefer it

• I like Softaculous, cause they have more scripts. I had shared hosting that only offered Installatron and it was quite lacking at the time.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I offer both because they work pretty well together. I prefer the way Installatron does things but softaculous has more scripts.

• yeah I think installatron is a nicer installer but use to be really lacking in scripts.

• earl said: yeah I think installatron is a nicer installer but use to be really lacking in scripts.

.. and nicer installer means?? Does it put some gold also in the folder where you are installing?
    From my experience softaculous is also good in installation options.

• Before I got experienced in web hosting and was a n00b to the hosting world, Softaculous was always there for me and worked tremendously.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

installatron +1

• First Installatron, then Softaculous simply because more scripts.

• I had some security issues with Installatron. (security holes in script)

Never had any issue with Softaculous.

• Softaculous for on-server installs.
    Installatron for remote.

• ztecztec Member
    edited November 2013

I really like the remote function in Installatron they have available on their site. It's basically free. But for all my production servers I use Softaculous.I agree that Installatron has a nicer installer.

• I see more people buying Softaculous then Installatron, so I'm going to have to cast my vote that way.

• I looked at both but chose Softaculous, never had a problem with it.

• I've just had a look at Installatron, it's actually really nice. Seems to be a fairly cheap license if you want to test it out, $2.50/mo for a VPS license. Either way they both do the same thing but I do like the UI/options of Installatron.

• Softaculous better script and have more cms