Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any rivals to a Hetzner Auction server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any rivals to a Hetzner Auction server?

Hi all,

I am looking to pick up a Hetzner Auction Server (1293083 to be specific) for €28.24 a month

32GB RAM
Xeon E3-1246
2x2TB HDD
1GBps Unmetred

Does anyone offer anything that can rival this or are Hetzner in a world of their own when it comes to this sort of thing?

Interested before I pull the trigger!

Comments

• No.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • pikepike Veteran

No.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • hzrhzr Member

You won't even find 1Gbps unmetered for $28 by itself much less anything else

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • No.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • LeeLee Veteran

Certainly not off the shelf like Hetzner, you could spend time trying to contact various providers to get something but then, just order with Hetzner and get it in 5 minutes.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Yes.

Hetzner

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2020

No.

So, make sure that you don't burn a bridge with Hetzner. Fools who've done that regret for years.

Thanked by 2vimalware Hetzner_OL
  • Just in case you're focused on the E3 vs for eg. i7-4770, please be sure to check the RAM type in the details . Not all their E3 equipped models come equipped with ECC ram. So, functionally there is no difference with a E3 without ECC ram.

For hobby self-hosting (and avoiding ZFS), the i7-4770 based models are fantastic value, often dropping to 22 euro rock bottom threshold.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL