Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap storage servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap storage servers

I am looking to rent 2x large storage servers with around 150tb of hdds in each and 24gb memory. Looking for long term relationship with provider as we will likely buy more of these servers as we expand.

Comments

• only people i can think of off the top of my head...

Gorillaservers.com

contact them , they should be able to give you a hand..

Otherwise, Give @Clouvider a shot.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @FusedIT said:
    only people i can think of off the top of my head...

Gorillaservers.com

contact them , they should be able to give you a hand..

Otherwise, Give @Clouvider a shot.

I have messaged them. Hetzner have good pricing but I would rather not have to pay the large setup fees.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • AC_FanAC_Fan Member
    edited October 2020

Long term relationship, but no setup fees. Never change LET.

Besides Hetzner, check out WebNX and GorillaServers.

• I don't mind paying a setup fee just not the equivalent of a whole months service.

• WebNX had a promotion back in June, 24x10TB at 399 dollars. If they choose to honor it, you should grab that, since it's the only one that can beat Hetzner's 100TB server, price per TB wise.

• i can do this :

2xE5-2450l
    32 gb ram
    14x12 tb sata3
    1ipv4
    1gbps port speed 100tb traffic included (if need more pm)
    price 350 eur/mo (if you buy 2 will do 300 eur/mo)

Located in Romania.

• @cociu said:
    i can do this :

2xE5-2450l
    32 gb ram
    14x12 tb sata3
    1ipv4
    1gbps port speed 100tb traffic included (if need more pm)
    price 350 eur/mo (if you buy 2 will do 300 eur/mo)

Located in Romania.

Is that incl vat? Would it be possible to have the servers 100tb at 2gbps?

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@JoeF said: I don't mind paying a setup fee just not the equivalent of a whole months service.

If you're really looking to have the servers for the long term, then the setup fee shouldn't make all that much of a difference. Most of the time, with our lower monthly costs (and not having to have yearly contracts or other surprises), customers tend to save money starting around 4-6 months. We set our prices based on this mentality. --Katie

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2020

@Hetzner_OL said:

@JoeF said: I don't mind paying a setup fee just not the equivalent of a whole months service.

If you're really looking to have the servers for the long term, then the setup fee shouldn't make all that much of a difference. Most of the time, with our lower monthly costs (and not having to have yearly contracts or other surprises), customers tend to save money starting around 4-6 months. We set our prices based on this mentality. --Katie

Usually I might agree, but in these times you're just creating a barrier to entry, in reality I think it should be viewed the other way -- if you want the customer to be a long term customer and to spend that 60$ or whatever is burning a hole in their pocket, then you should instead wave the setup fee or have something where you can wave the fee if you commit up front for at least 3 months. That is how the logic should really work. You actually prevent people from pulling the trigger because instead of the monthly cost this time being $60 its 200$ and that may not be in their budget at any given time, while $60 may be immediately available (making up an example, not being specific here to any existing case).

I have Hetzner servers from the auction but have never purchased a standard server directly, for exactly this reason.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• JoeFJoeF Member
    edited October 2020

I have had a number of quotes that are marginally more expensive monthly than the hetzner storage boxes but do not have a setup fee so will likely go with one of them.
    If hetzners setup fee was more reasonable say up to 40euro I would likely have just bought it and not posted on let to find other providers.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@JoeF what about grabbing some slabs from @Francisco ?

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @AlienData_Josh said:
    @JoeF what about grabbing some slabs from @Francisco ?

Works out to 5usd per tb which is quite a bit more than we have been quoted and are willing to spend.

@JoeF What would be a location you are prefering?

• Preference would be north America but Europe is also fine.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

We have some 12x8TB servers available at 149€ each a month or 12x16TB servers at 399€ a month. 1Gbps Unmetered on these.

Some 6x16TB servers at 399€ and 449€ are coming online in the next month as well. 10Gbps Unmetered.

All this level servers are custom built typically upon request, so customization is available, but these are typical best value premade configs.

If you get enough servers there's also discounts starting from 5 servers.

Located in Helsinki, Finland.

Thanked by 2jugganuts vimalware
  • @PulsedMedia said:
    We have some 12x8TB servers available at 149€ each a month or 12x16TB servers at 399€ a month. 1Gbps Unmetered on these.

Some 6x16TB servers at 399€ and 449€ are coming online in the next month as well. 10Gbps Unmetered.

All this level servers are custom built typically upon request, so customization is available, but these are typical best value premade configs.

If you get enough servers there's also discounts starting from 5 servers.

Located in Helsinki, Finland.

How much would additional bandwidth cost? Say 2gbps per server.

• @TheLinuxBug said: you should instead wave the setup fee or have something where you can wave the fee if you commit up front for at least 3 months. That is how the logic should really work

Exactly the reason why I keep buying OVH servers instead of Hetzner.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@JoeF said: How much would additional bandwidth cost? Say 2gbps per server.

We do not do 2x1Gbps link aggregates at all. next step is 10Gbps Unmetered Volume Network and that adds for the 12 drive servers 300€ a month each.

• @JoeF said:
    I am looking to rent 2x large storage servers with around 150tb of hdds in each and 24gb memory. Looking for long term relationship with provider as we will likely buy more of these servers as we expand.

https://www.backovia.com

• @Mridul said:

@JoeF said:

https://www.backovia.com

They were very expensive 4.75usd a tb.

@JoeF I will have something for you by tomorrow. (Friday)

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited October 2020

@JoeF

If interested, I can do a pretty cool deal in Los Angeles for you:

Dual E5-2640V2
    64G DDR3 RAM
    10x16TB Enterprise HDDs
    100TB Monthly Transfer / 1Gbps Port (10G available)
    $359 MRC, $0 NRC.

Could double the bandwidth to help make it sweeter, any level of Hardware RAID, and could include an SSD for OS (no additional cost).

Lastly, you can buy down the monthly price by $20 with a $125 NRC. So basically it’d be $339/Month with a one time setup fee of $125.

If interested, we can hop on a call or you can email [email protected]

@dustinc said:
    @JoeF

Dual E5-2640V2
    64G DDR3 RAM
    10x16TB Enterprise HDDs
    $359 MRC, $0 NRC.

Could double the bandwidth to help make it sweeter, any level of Hardware RAID, and could include an SSD for OS (no additional cost).

Lastly, you can buy down the monthly price by $20 with a $125 NRC. So basically it’d be $339/Month with a one time setup fee of $125.

That is $339 for one server? It looks like they are looking for two servers.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@dustinc said:
    @JoeF

Dual E5-2640V2
    64G DDR3 RAM
    10x16TB Enterprise HDDs
    $359 MRC, $0 NRC.

That is $339 for one server? It looks like they are looking for two servers.

Hello, that is correct, per server.

I understand the OP is looking for more than one and will grow over time.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@dustinc said:
    @JoeF

Dual E5-2640V2
    64G DDR3 RAM
    10x16TB Enterprise HDDs
    $359 MRC, $0 NRC.

Very good price.
    Also @cociu good one.

Go for them OP :smile: