Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't know how to setup internet on new server (think it is issue with ipv6 vs v4)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Don't know how to setup internet on new server (think it is issue with ipv6 vs v4)?

Let me link to the post I already made on reddit to save me typing it all again.

Comments

• Thats your IPv4+ address.

• lowendguy7lowendguy7 Member
    edited October 2020

Oops, support said I missed out the subnet from the IP in the network conf file :blush:

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • This hurt my brain.

For the good of humanity, please spend some time on https://www.server-world.info/en/. It's a pretty good reference.

Maybe LET needs a networking primer for newbies tutorial.

• @lowendguy7 said:
    Oops, support said I missed out the subnet from the IP in the network conf file :blush:

Make sure you update the Reddit thread. People who start threads and don't report the solution should lose their Internet privileges.

I'm curious what netmask is default when not specified. I'd have guessed 24 and that it should have been set from the template when provisioned.

It's nice when providers also have DHCP servers, but all dedicated IP assignments should be statically set from the start (for several reasons).

• @TimboJones said:

@lowendguy7 said:

Make sure you update the Reddit thread. People who start threads and don't report the solution should lose their Internet privileges.

Yah, I absolutely hate when people do this. OP actually went ahead and did something worse, they deleted their original post on reddit. Da fuq?!

• lowendguy7lowendguy7 Member
    edited October 2020

You are making a mountain out of a molehill. I said the resolution here in this thread and if the thread is deleted on reddit then no-one will find it and be disappointed will they? I delete threads if the answer was an elementary one which was posted many places elsewhere on the internet as there is no added value by leaving it up in that case.

@nonissue said:

@TimboJones said:

@lowendguy7 said:

Yah, I absolutely hate when people do this. OP actually went ahead and did something worse, they deleted their original post on reddit. Da fuq?!

• @lowendguy7 said:
    You are making a mountain out of a molehill. I said the resolution here in this thread and if the thread is deleted on reddit then no-one will find it and be disappointed will they? I delete threads if the answer was an elementary one which was posted many places elsewhere on the internet as there is no added value by leaving it up in that case.

@nonissue said:

@TimboJones said:

@lowendguy7 said:

Actually, you could

[deleted]

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The reason for the deletion is simple.

OP can't have people to find out later that he is clueless.

Thanked by 2TimboJones nonissue