Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

woocommerce stack , Is it separate or on one server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vps 2c4G 50G NVMe x1 or vps 1c2G 50G NVMe x2

application : debian10+openlistspeed+mariadb+redis+Elasticsearch+GoAccess

detach database to another server :
vps1 debian10+openlistspeed+redis+GoAccess+woocommerce
vps2 mariadb+Elasticsearch

or

vps1 debian10+openlistspeed+GoAccess+woocommerce
vps2 mariadb+Elasticsearch +redis

Which one is better

Comments

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited October 2020

Do you have even enough visitors where it matters? Perhaps start with a single server. There are least 20 optimization steps Just google - kinsta provides lots of clues) you can do plus adding a CDN (cloudflare, Bunnyspeed, google) to optimize things. Also apparently you figured out your paypal address and were able to get an account somewhere?

• @Unbelievable said: Also apparently you figured out your paypal address and were able to get an account somewhere?

I'm still curious about it!

• @coolgoole said: detach database to another server :

If you expect quite huge chunk of traffic and have 10K plus products listed on woocommerce, then only go for separate database server, else redis+caching+cdn can really help with performance and overall speed.

• coolgoolecoolgoole Barred
    edited October 2020

@Unbelievable said:
    Do you have even enough visitors where it matters? Perhaps start with a single server. There are least 20 optimization steps Just google - kinsta provides lots of clues) you can do plus adding a CDN (cloudflare, Bunnyspeed, google) to optimize things. Also apparently you figured out your paypal address and were able to get an account somewhere?

thank you

my registered email and payment email aren't the same, I don’t know that I need to register with payment email.

buyvm Reasons that cannot be verified:

Time is in 2019

The verification fails because my IP address is different from the address I Input in, because we need to avoid DNS pollution and require a VPN. So we cannot pass the verification.

buyvm system thinks I am cheating

• @JasonM said:

@coolgoole said: detach database to another server :

If you expect quite huge chunk of traffic and have 10K plus products listed on woocommerce, then only go for separate database server, else redis+caching+cdn can really help with performance and overall speed.

thank you

redis+caching+cdn +openlistspeed+mariadb+Elasticsearch+GoAccess
    How much memory is needed

• @coolgoole said:

@JasonM said:

thank you

• @SirFoxy said:

@coolgoole said:

@JasonM said:

thank you

Control at 4

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@coolgoole said:

@Unbelievable said:

thank you

my registered email and payment email aren't the same, I don’t know that I need to register with payment email.

Time is in 2019

The verification fails because my IP address is different from the address I Input in, because we need to avoid DNS pollution and require a VPN. So we cannot pass the verification.

Majority of Hosts don't accept orders using VPN.

Try to contact them and ask for manually verify your account if they agree. They may ask your legal documents to verify manually.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited October 2020

@coolgoole said: redis+caching+cdn +openlistspeed+mariadb+Elasticsearch+GoAccess

A minimum 3GB RAM is needed to start with, 1GB of it for OS, Web server (Openlitespeed) and 1GB for database, and 1GB as spare/free to enable visitors browse woocommerce site. WordPress/Woocommerce will eat the CPU/RAM so your 3GB memory is sufficient for mid-size traffic site having 10000-20000 page views a day (with good caching), and if you will be using MANY plugins/add-ons/dynamic pages then you'll need another 1GB RAM. So basically get 3 or 4GB RAM and minimum 2 CPU core.

• coolgoolecoolgoole Barred
    edited October 2020

@ViridWeb said:

@coolgoole said:

@Unbelievable said:

thank you

Time is in 2019

Majority of Hosts don't accept orders using VPN.

Try to contact them and ask for manually verify your account if they agree. They may ask your legal documents to verify manually.

thank you

I passed ovh, linode, vultr, DigitalOcean, Hetzner, verify .....
    yes,legal documents to verify

and aws

• @JasonM said:

@coolgoole said: redis+caching+cdn +openlistspeed+mariadb+Elasticsearch+GoAccess

A minimum 3GB RAM is needed to start with, 1GB of it for OS, Web server (Openlitespeed) and 1GB for database, and 1GB as spare/free to enable visitors browse woocommerce site. WordPress/Woocommerce will eat the CPU/RAM so your 3GB memory is sufficient for mid-size traffic site having 10000-20000 page views a day (with good caching), and if you will be using MANY plugins/add-ons/dynamic pages then you'll need another 1GB RAM. So basically get 3 or 4GB RAM and minimum 2 CPU core.

thank you
    4g acceptable

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • edited October 2020

Have you tried using 512 MB / 1 GB ram? I think it is more than sufficient to run woocommerce..