Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone tested this as seedbox client??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone tested this as seedbox client??

I found http://www.openseedbox.com/ .. their project is great.. I like the feature where we can set multi user, quota and download zip on the fly..
anyone tested this?? and, is there any project same like this??
seems their project is for developers.. I just scared to install on my nano dedi because os reinstallation takes time to complte -_-

Comments

• It look nice I'll try it today on a vps

And you will find many scripts that install rtorrent+rutorrent just search google (I'm on mobile so I don't have the links)

• Last time I used a script to build a seedbox from zero and you can setup multi users. Now I'm on phone, will post after access to my laptop.

• @Rami said:
    It look nice I'll try it today on a vps

And you will find many scripts that install rtorrent+rutorrent just search google (I'm on mobile so I don't have the links)

please info me if you successfully installed it.. it sounds hard to install. and it requires nginx. I never had experience with nginx

• only for ubuntu and debian???? awh.. last time I tried ubuntu, I hate them because I am used to centos.. doesnt feel comfortable with ubuntu

• anyone tested the openseedbox??
    I really2 want to try it because it has features that I want.. can create many user and can limit them..

but, I failed on installing it.. hopefully there is someone can help me by make a tutorial for centos 6

• JakJak Member

i have been trying to get openseedbox working for hours now and keep getting stuck on a ton of nullexceptionerrors from different java files defiantly one to watch tho seems exciting

• Why not just use rTorrent...? -m.

• all these scripts, you never know if there isnt any malware implented even tho its usually shell script. also they dont take the latest packets of rutorrent etc

just install rtorrent / rutorrent / proftpd-vsftpd manually, took me 30mins and im happy now, can help ya per pm if ya need

• iSkyiSky Member

try it and got frustated, got error and stuck in same place. For rutorrent, i can set it manually, however i also need multi user one, the scratch script also have some bug that hard to limit the user quota

• I have used it, managed to get it working (somewhat), it doesn't like having the frontend and backend on the same server, will try it again later and post my results

• @infected said:
    all these scripts, you never know if there isnt any malware implented even tho its usually shell script. also they dont take the latest packets of rutorrent etc

just install rtorrent / rutorrent / proftpd-vsftpd manually, took me 30mins and im happy now, can help ya per pm if ya need

@macecis said:
    Why not just use rTorrent...? -m.

I am happy using transmission for now..it is more simple.
    But, if I managed to get openseedbox working on my server, at least I can make some money :p

• the installation is little bit complicated. I tried but stucked at some point.