Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ISPmanager or Directadmin?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ISPmanager or Directadmin?

ugurzugurz Member

your thoughts?

Server Management Panel
  1. your choice?51 votes
    1. ISPmanager
      19.61%
    2. Directadmin
      80.39%

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Defo DA, ISPmanager is ok, but jeez, it's a beast and needs a lot of attention.

Thanked by 1ugurz
  • Plesk, they both look like school projects. You can get a free Plesk license by a few providers around.

Thanked by 2ugurz WebProject
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

For features, functionality and UI, I may vote for Directadmin for sure.

But I think "ISPmanager" team provide better technical support

Thanked by 1ugurz
  • Froxlor

Thanked by 1ugurz
  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

Been using DirectAdmin for about 15 years. Love it.

Thanked by 1ugurz
  • Thank you for answers. I can't afford cpanel after price hike in 2021.

I asked because it is easy to manage php extentions in ispmanager like easyapache in cpanel. On the other hand, I haven't used DirectAdmin but it is very popular and hosting industry trust it.

Is it easy to manage php extentions in directadmin?

• @ugurz said:
    Thank you for answers. I can't afford cpanel after price hike in 2021.

I asked because it is easy to manage php extentions in ispmanager like easyapache in cpanel. On the other hand, I haven't used DirectAdmin but it is very popular and hosting industry trust it.

We use ISPmanager for our managed vps.

ISPmanager:

• Ease of setup
    • Ease of use
    • Price
    • Support: very good (response time within 24 hrs)
    • LEMP/LAMP out of the box

But I will check back again directadmin maybe next year. For our alternative panel offering.

• @Synatiq I recognize you are all into Plesk -but when was the last time you looked at direct admin? It certainly doesnt look like a school project with its new theme etc. You denigrate the others but that doesn't uplift plesk- You said nothing of why plesk is better, only that the others are school projects. Perhaps its better due to it's Wordpress management and the ability to force updates/ remove crap from all wordpess installs at once or to install theme once and have it universally available. Or that it can install a few of the wildly popular CMS without having to add softaculous and its 400 programs of shitware

• ispmanager looks good.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2020

@Unbelievable said:
    @Synatiq I recognize you are all into Plesk -but when was the last time you looked at direct admin? It certainly doesnt look like a school project with its new theme etc. You denigrate the others but that doesn't uplift plesk- You said nothing of why plesk is better, only that the others are school projects. Perhaps its better due to it's Wordpress management and the ability to force updates/ remove crap from all wordpess installs at once or to install theme once and have it universally available. Or that it can install a few of the wildly popular CMS without having to add softaculous and its 400 programs of shitware

The last time we did tested the DA it was missing functions of management as still required to use SSH commands to do tweaks, I personally do believe that pointless to have control panel if still need to use SSH for majority of configuration, so definitely agree with statement that it’s school project. The DA became popular on LET due to price factor (as before no even discussed it), if the cPane reverse their price back to original price plans (pre 2019) I do believe majority of DA lovers suddenly will change their mind.

Thanked by 1Synatiq
  • @ugurz said:
    Thank you for answers. I can't afford cpanel after price hike in 2021.

Use webuzo control panel for free if you are looking for cheap or almost free. I used it is good control panel for single website/project.

• KeyHelp.

Thanked by 2niceboy Ympker
  • virtualmin/webmin, froxlor, Keyhelp, hestiacp and ispconfig are really good contenders if one is looking for free control panels.

• I like hestia
    www.hestiacp.com

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • @julinhobrow said:
    I like hestia
    www.hestiacp.com

Its a great project with catchy looks. But, dont know anything about security(since its sister vestacp is famous for security holes). Also, its very young. A bit older than an year(dont know if it becomes abandonware like vesta).

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

I personally do believe that pointless to have control panel if still need to use SSH for majority of configuration

I personally believe that the whole point of a control panel is for the end users so they can set up their own domains and emails and databases and such.

Systems administrators do not need a control panel. They can automate things faster with SSH that using any control panel.

• read this, to add to your insight, I think it's still relevant
    https://www.rack911labs.com/research/security-analysis-of-alternative-control-panels/

for paid services, ISPmanager can be compared to ApisCP.

try ApisCP before you regret it

Thanked by 1nem
  • VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

We have been using both. We started using DA 12 years ago and still using it - very pleased. We tried around with ISPManager also a good solutions but most clients prefer DA.