Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel has increased its pricing again! Which control panel will you move to? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel has increased its pricing again! Which control panel will you move to?

2»

Comments

• Customers are moving to DA or Plesk, personally I would probably use KeyHelp for non-production stuff, it's free and looks pretty neat.

Although Plesk are also increasing their pricing, their entire interface is riddled with bugs, and they never listen to any of their suggestions. At least they have good support though.

• LeeLee Veteran

For most DA will be the path but Plesk is really nice these days. Although they are part of the same group that owns cPanel and have increased their pricing, the increase is really not that bad.

Thanked by 1HostXNow
  • For those who are afraid of DA backups as it's jet un edge on Jetbackup and acronis hasn't release theirs, I'm using https://bu-backup.com.ar, pretty good!

• Btw it seems CyberPanel wasn't added as an option to the vote properly.

Is it possible for an admin/mod to remove that option since no one can vote for it and many have already voted?

CyberPanel may have had more votes if it could have been chosen.

My bad for not adding it properly.

• @Lee said:
    For most DA will be the path but Plesk is really nice these days. Although they are part of the same group that owns cPanel and have increased their pricing, the increase is really not that bad.

Yes, it's like £50/month for an unlimited account (FOR NOW), whereas to even have 1000 cPanel accounts it'd cost $48.50 + $270 at a total of $318.50/month or £247.21/month OUCH! They must value cPanel much more than Plesk, otherwise why not charge similar pricing for Plesk, too! Seems they're pushing it for cPanel. Plesk isn't doing as well, so they compensate by charging cPanel customers etc. Strange.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Direct Admin is a good choice. Its interface is organized and i personally prefer the better interface. Plus most of the providers and users also have positive reviews about it. Look and feel is closer to the cPanel

Plesk is also a good option. It's look and feel is pretty different than the cPanel. Also a newbie user might find it difficult to look for some of the options into the system.

Haven't heard about some of the panels you mentioned.

• @Synatiq said:
    Plesk...

Since they are owned by the same company which owns CPanel, I will not move to plesk even if it is free for a lifetime. Once, trust is broken, its very hard to gain it back.

• I wonder how much will cPanel last in the market